Chapter 129. Gas of Madness II
1.2k 8 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 129. Gas of Madness II
Rather than me, it was Julia who answered him.
"I don't understand why you want to take it from him," she said straight to the point. Her suspicion was clear from her gaze and the tone of her voice.
“Yeah, it's Dr. Allen who found it so he should be the one who brings it to Miss Katrina. Why do you insist on taking it?" asked Team 5's mentor in suspicion.
Theo turned to them, showing his annoyed expression.
"He is a doctor and the bottle came from the infirmary's trash bin. Maybe, he was the one who put it there and pretended to find it. Besides, are you sure it will be safe in his hands?" he retorted as if he already provided the answer.
“Should I remind you about the last duel, Theo? Besides, if it's Dr. Allen's why did he announce it to us? He should keep it for himself,” said Julia.
The students couldn't help but look restless due to the tension between the mentors. And I had to admit, arguing in this place was not a good choice.
Theo exhaled a long breath.
"Sorry, Julia. After what I saw between you and him, I'm not sure you can see anything related to him objectively anymore," he stated firmly.
Julia pressed her lips since he did have a point. But Team 5's mentor helped her.
“I agree with Julia. Dr. Allen was with me when it happened and we all know how fast Gas of Madness' reaction is. I don't think it is his," he defended me without hesitation.
Theo turned to him and showed his arrogant face.
“And you also can't say anything about this since he just saved you and your team," he pointed out without hesitation.
"So, who can judge this, Theo?" I asked him. From all his explanations, I was sure he had prepared this well. So I was sure he had another goal.
He turned to Team 3's mentor.
"Rudy, what do you think?" I bet he hoped Rudy would defend him, but he was wrong.
“I can't say anything about this. The easiest solution is to follow the academy rules. It was Dr. Allen who found it. According to the regulations, it is Dr. Allen who should take it to the academy." I also helped Rudy and his team by healing his students, so he was stuck between me and Theo. The easiest way out was to throw everything at the rules.
"The bottle was found in a trash can, and Gas of Madness can be purchased at illegal drug stores. It could be everyone," another added.
Theo clicked his tongue in annoyance since things didn't go his way.
"Tch! I know, but Dr. Allen has the highest possibility of doing it,” he warned.
"I don't get it. Why are you insisting, Theo? Are you afraid of something? Or is it because this bottle should never be found?” I asked in a calm tone.
Yet it only made Theo act more arrogant. He bumped his right fist onto his left chest.
“I, Theo Sunrider, was never afraid of anything. Don't equate me with you," he said. "You don't deserve to be a mentor!"
"What makes you think of that," I provoked him.
“I know you have a terminal illness and are in bad shape. If not, there was no way you screamed this afternoon,” he explained without hesitation. A triumphant smile on his lips.
His explanation made them turn to me. From their expressions, it was clear they were asking for an explanation.
"Do you have a terminal illness, Dr. Allen?" one of the mentors asked in worry.
"No." I turned to him and gave him a reassuring smile. "If he's right, how could Miss Katrina let me be here?"
"Did you stalk him?" Julia asked in displeasure. Her eyes fell on Theo. I hadn't told her about this.
He glanced at her.
"I overheard it by chance," he said without guilt.
“I see… I should be happy then since you are so considerate of me. Still, I'll give it to Miss Katrina. Besides,” I pointed to the drone hovering above us. "She's watching us all the time."
The others looked up, including Theo. Our debate was too intense to the point that they forgot Katrina was paying attention to all of this. But the fact that she did not interfere with our debate showed that she was also observing us.
Without a word, I simply raised my hand and showed the bottle to the drone clearly before I took it into my inventory ring. With everything he said, I believed Theo was the one who brought this Gas here. So I just needed to find his motive. It was either he was the culprit or he was wanting to make another accident that could make him the hero of the day.
As expected, a second later, Katrina's voice came from our communication device.
"Let Dr. Allen bring the evidence to me. Due to the unexpected incident, the mission was terminated. Return to your vehicle now." It was Katrina herself giving us orders, so even Theo couldn't argue with it anymore.
"Roger that," answered one of the mentors.
While the others dispersed, Theo was still standing there, blocking me. His eyes were fixed on me in displeasure.
“You heard her. Let's go back," I said.
“You better hold that bottle well. Don't even think about destroying the evidence," he threatened me before he turned around and left.
'Ho~ this is interesting,' I thought. From his words, I noticed that he was trying to snatch the bottle from me not because he wanted to break it, but because he wanted to give it to Katrina. In other words, there was something in the bottle that was set up to trap me.
'I guess I just have to check it out on the way,' I thought as I moved my feet and returned to our vehicle with the others.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 191 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

48