Chapter 142. Did You Kill Him?
1.2k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 142. Did You Kill Him?

After finishing my exercise, I went to shower, prepared my breakfast, and went to the infirmary to work as usual. But instead of Katrina, it was Julia who was waiting for me in front of it.

My smirk bloomed on my face once I realized her presence.

"Please don't say you still want to continue last night's session," I said as I unlocked the door and entered my workplace. I didn't mind another round after I finished my task and waited for my schedule from Katrina.

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

“I want to ask about Theo,” she said as she followed me.

I put my bag on my desk and turned to her. A frown on my forehead.

"Him again? Why? Do you have feelings for him?” I said in displeasure. I was standing with my desk behind my back, facing my room. My arms were folded in front of my chest.

"I don't. I'm sure you've heard of his disappearance, right?” she stated in a serious tone.

“Yeah. Rudy told me earlier,” I stated. I flicked my finger and used my Telekinesis to lock the door before I took out my tentacles and started checking the medical supply as usual.

"Does that have anything to do with you?" she asked again, making sure I was not involved.

"Hmm..." I hummed as my tentacles were busy checking every medicine bottle in the cupboard. “You can say yes. But you can say no," I answered in a casual tone.

"So, is that a yes?" she guessed from my nonchalant expression. There was no shock on my face, so she should have known who it was.

I gave her a smug smirk.

“Kinda," I replied in a nonchalant tone.

"Did you kill him?" she asked straight to the point. Her eyes fixed on me, showing how serious she was.

"I can't kill mortals, remember?" I reminded her in my sweet innocent voice.

A frown appeared on her forehead. "So it's not you?" she confirmed.

A wicked grin appeared on my lips.

"It's the monsters. I only took him to their nest and threw him away,” I admitted, shrugging.

She gasped. Her hand covered her mouth. “You did kill him…” she said under her breath.

An evil chuckle came out of my mouth. My gaze turned cold. “He shouldn't fuck with the devil. Besides, it's his fault. He summoned my sister to kill me. So what do you expect?” I shrugged.

She lowered her hand. "He summoned you sister?" she repeated in shock.

“Um-hum,” I hummed. “He asked her to behead me in exchange for his soul and my sis simply agreed. So he had to pay for it.” My wicked smile widened. “And I could say, his soul was delicious. His scream and his fear washed away my hatred."

"You ate his soul?" she said in shock once again. Still, she maintained her low voice.

I smiled innocently.

“Yeah. It should belong to my sis, but she happily shared it with me. So we ripped his soul apart.”

Upon my answer, I could catch the clear fear in her eyes. She looked like she was going to faint. That made me laugh.

"Please don't say you forgot that I am a devil," I reminded her once again. I wondered if I acted too mortal-like lately.

“I don't. It's just --- I never thought you'd be that cruel,” she admitted.

"I thought it was in the history book?" I confused.

“It is. But I never thought it would be that terrible. At least I've never heard of that happening to anyone I know," she stated. Her fear was still clear in the tone of her voice.

"After what he did to me, you should have expected it. He was not going to get a good end,” I scoffed.

“Anyway, you have to be careful now. It hasn't been 24 hours yet so no one can report Theo's disappearance to the police. But soon, I am sure they will report it to the police,” she warned me.

“Relax. They wouldn't find any trace of me. It wasn't me who came to his place, but him. And he didn't use the front door either. So they won't find any trace of me at all. And my sis has handled her summoning formation. The devil also has nothing to do with this,” I gave her a long explanation.

Well, even if they found the summoning formation, it wouldn't be a problem. The police could only state that Theo died because of a supernatural cause. It was the devil who killed him after he tried to summon her. So my name was clean.

Still, I'd rather they found nothing. I didn't want last night's fun to create new trouble, especially with the light realm's spy.

"Hmm?" In the middle of our conversation, I suddenly hummed. My eyebrows furrowed and my confusion was evident on my face. My eye fell on one of my tentacles and the list in turn repeatedly. It was clear there was something wrong with the medical supply list.

"What is it?" she asked once she realized my expression changed. Her curiosity was clear from the tone of her voice. Likewise with her worry.

“Another sleeping drug is missing,” I announced and immediately approached where I kept the sleeping drugs and decided to check them manually. My tentacles returned to my back.

I rechecked the bottle and I was right. The sleeping drugs were indeed missing one bottle.

"Again?" she said in the same confusion as me. She came to me and helped me to check it.

"Yes." This was weird. I wondered if Theo was the one who took it before he went to the hotel. Or maybe he took another one after I left the infirmary yesterday?

As we checked, a knocking sound came. It made us turn to the door spontaneously. I quickly unlocked the door with my Telekinesis as I thought it was Katrina, instead, it was Penelope who came into my room. She had my schedule in her hand.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 207 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

50