Chapter 143. Another Intruder?
1.3k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 143. Another Intruder?

“Morning, everyone,” she greeted as she stepped into my room and walked to us.

"Morning, Miss Penelope," I and Julia replied to her greeting in unison.

"It's rare to see you this early," Julia added in confusion since she knew Penelope only used to come to the academy when Katrina needed her and it was never this early.

"I know. My sister has another important business. So I helped her,” she explained and stopped near me. "Here's your schedule, Dr. Allen." She handed the schedule to me.

I took the paper from her.

"If you are busy, you can send my schedule via message or email like the others," I explained briefly.

"I don't think that will ever happen," Penelope replied. Without a warning, she suddenly took my hand and sniffed the back of my hand aggressively.

It took Julia by surprise. While I was used to it. So my expression remained the same. But for sure, Julia and I knew that gesture was not because she fell in love with me. I knew it was because she wanted my blood.

"Miss Penelope, taking another person's blood without consent is illegal," I reminded her. She and her sister were the same.

She released my hand and smiled.

"Don't worry, I know. I only take a sniff. But I have to admit, Katrina was right. I understand why she won't let you go,” she explained.

"You make me sound like prey, Miss Penelope," I reminded her.

“You are. We are vampires after all,“ she said with a teasing smile.

“Miss Penelope…” Julia muttered in shock. Penelope's statement was the same as a threat.

Penelope giggled in response.

"Don't worry I was only kidding. But yeah, I and Katrina are after your blood. At least we want to taste it a bit,” she admitted honestly.

"You are quite straightforward, aren't you?" I asked.

"Thank you for your compliment," she replied casually.

"Anyway, where did Miss Katrina go so early?" I changed our conversation. I wondered if it was related to yesterday's incident. My eyes fell on the schedule in my hand.

“Theo's family is in her office right now. They are asking about where he is. They said he left last night and hasn't come back ever since. While he was supposed to meet them at the bar last night. They didn't find him in his hotel room either. They waited for him to come back all night but he didn't. Theo also didn't bring his phone and wallet. Since they thought something bad had happened to him, they came here to find more information,” Penelope gave us a long explanation.

“I see. Maybe he needs time to calm his mind," I suggested. It was a normal reaction from Theo's brother after discovering Theo was nowhere to be found.

“Maybe. Did you guys see him last night?” Penelope asked us.

We shook our heads from side to side.

“Why don't they check the hotel's CCTV? It should have one or two bits of information about him,” I advised. Meanwhile, Julia decided to stay silent since she already knew his fate.

“They did. But according to the footage, Theo didn't leave the room at all. But they can't find him anywhere,” Penelope said in confusion.

"Well, that's weird," I said with a shrug.

“Yeah. Besides that, his room is on the 5th floor. So he can't jump from there," she added.

“It's very mysterious. I hope they can find him quickly,” I pretended to care.

“It's unfortunate that this happened on the same day as when the academy fired him. So found or not, the academy will probably have to take the blame. It can't be helped.” Penelope exhaled a long breath. “But it's better than if he disappears in this place. It will be a big problem for the academy,” she tried to think positively.

“That sounds sad,” I responded soberly.

“Anyway, I need to go now. Katrina needs my help with some things,” she excused herself and intended to leave. But I stopped it.

"Ah before you go, Miss Penelope."

She turned to me.

"Yes?" she replied.

“Another sleeping drug has disappeared,” I decided to take this opportunity to report it in person.

"What?" A frown appeared on her forehead. "Are you sure?" she made sure.

“I just counted them,” I gestured at the cupboard.

“Hmm…” she hummed in response. Her confusion was evident on her face.

"Has Miss Katrina checked the footage?" Julia finally opened her voice.

“I did. But I only found Theo. Since Theo has been gone since last night no one should enter this place anymore. Besides, I didn't find any sleeping drugs in his place,” she explained in confusion.

'Was he thinking of killing himself if his plan doesn't work?' I thought. It was just a wild guess. Well, there could be other intruders besides him. Especially since the second sleeping drug disappeared after Theo left the academy.

"There could be other intruders besides him," Julia said. She had the same guess as me.

"But through where?" Penelope asked in confusion.

"There." I pointed at the window near my desk. Our eyes were fixed on it. " As long as the culprit is slender enough to pass the gap, he/she can enter," I analyzed.

The windows were never locked. The intention was that in an emergency case, anyone trapped in this room could escape from there. Some of the medicines here were flammable so who knew?

"This will be a new problem. I will discuss it with Katrina. We will investigate this later. The culprit should have left one or two clues and we might be able to prevent the same incident by closing the path," she declared.

"Just tell me, if you need my help," I stated. As long as they didn't install CCTV in my room, I was willing to help them.

"I will," answered Penelope. Then she turned to the door.

“Later, Dr. Allen,” she said as she walked towards the exit.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 207 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

52