Chapter 144. Yellow Fur
1.2k 2 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 144. Yellow Fur
"Who do you think?" asked Julia once the door closed, glancing at me.
I shook my head from side to side in response and walked towards the window.
"I have no idea who did it and for what purpose," I said without stopping my steps. Those were sleeping drugs. The culprit could use it for many things. Either for suicide or for drugging others. The culprit could also be women and men. I even heard that some mortals used to drug others so they could have a one-night stand. They usually did that in the clubs.
Well, the culprit could have another intention and use that to slander me.
“At least you have reported it to Miss Penelope. So they won't blame you for this,” she said, trying to be positive.
"Yeah," I answered without paying attention to her.
My eyes observed the window and tried to find any clues there. I observed the window list, the hinges, and everything. I also paid attention to every trace left there and the path where the culprit could sneak. I could tell whoever he/she was, the culprit was crazy since the path was so narrow. One wrong movement was enough to drive him/her to the hospital.
Unfortunately, I found nothing. No traces or anything. That indicated the culprit had planned this out neatly and was wearing suitable clothing for sneaking around. To be sure, judging from the narrow path, the culprit should have a small body so he/she could sneak in easily.
After a while, Julia's voice came from behind me.
"Did you find anything?" she asked curiously.
I took a deep breath and was just about to say no. But then some fur tucked in the corner of the window caught my attention.
Carefully, I took it. My forehead creased as my eyes fell on it. I tried to analyze what it was, the color, and who owned it. What I knew for sure was that it didn't come from an animal let alone a bird.
“Fur… yellow?” I murmured. I quickly caught the culprit, most likely a demi-human.
Then my eyes widened as I remembered my stalker this morning. “Wait… is the culprit Evie?” I guessed. Her body was slightly smaller than the others so she could slip easily through the window gap. Still, the fur of her fluffy tails left unavoidable evidence.
She was an empath and an observer. She noticed many little things that the ordinary mortal usually missed. That was why she could do this neatly. She had the suitable criteria as a thief.
“Huh? Evie?" asked Julia in surprise. “Why her? Is it because you caught her hiding in your locker?”
"I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure about my guess." I turned around and showed her the evidence. "Besides, I found this."
And Julia took it.
Indeed, that couldn't be used as strong evidence since she was not the only fox demi-human with a yellow or golden tail. But she was the most suspicious of all. Although I didn't know why she stole the drugs and for what purpose.
After observing it for a while, Julia spoke again.
"But why did she do it? Doesn't she like you? She couldn't possibly intend to slander you, right?” Julia tried to analyze. But then a frown appeared on her forehead. “Or… Is she planning to suicide out of frustration?” she guessed.
"I don't think so. If I'm right, she should be the one stalking me this morning. And I'm not sure it's something a suicidal person would do,” I analyzed.
"But what if she stalked you because she wanted to say goodbye?" she guessed again. Her concern was obvious in her tone.
I frowned in confusion.
“Did mortals do that? That sounds stupid." Well, demons usually only killed themselves to kill others and they mostly did it without a goodbye, so I was kinda confused here.
“Some. Yeah," she answered in a gloomy tone. "There's a chance that she likes you. So that could happen."
"Why didn't she simply come and confess to me?"
“Not everyone has the courage for that. Besides, she is just a student and you are a mentor,” she reminded me.
I exhaled sharply.
“Mortals are surely troublesome. I don't understand their way of thinking." I thought suicidal persons mostly died in silence, just like demons.
"You should talk to her as soon as possible and prevent this," she suggested.
"I will text her now and ask her to meet me this afternoon." With this, I should be able to prevent her from killing herself. I could investigate her at the same time. The important thing was I had to meet her in a quiet place since I intended to read her mind.
I took my phone from my bag and started to text her.
Me: Morning, Evie. How's your morning exercise? I want to talk to you about a few things. Can you meet me this afternoon?
I deliberately mentioned her exercise since I wanted to know her response.
Soon she replied to me. It was kinda desperate since she replied to me in less than two seconds, but it saved my time.
Evie: Morning, doc. What do you want to talk about? Can't we talk about it via text?
Me: I'm afraid we still have to meet. I don't want any misunderstanding between us. Just tell me where and when.
Evie: All right. How about we meet in my room after all my classes are done?
Me: Sounds good to me. See you later then.
I pressed the lock screen and put my phone on the desk.
"I think that should be clearing out my troubles," I was relieved she wasn't being stubborn.
"I don't think your problem ends there," Julia quickly said without turning her gaze to me. Instead, her attention was on the schedule in her hand. Her expression showed how serious she was.
I turned to her and frowned.
"Why?" I asked her.
She gave the paper in her hand to me.
“Here. You should look at your schedule.”
I took it and read it. In an instant, my eyes widened in surprise.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 207 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

49