Chapter 154. Bribe
1.3k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 154. Bribe
We went to the nearby police station to report what happened and give the evidence. Gem also took the opportunity to report Theo's disappearance even though it hadn't been 24 hours yet. Then the police inspected us and interrogated us separately one by one. Luckily, they only asked basic questions. Maybe it was because Gem insisted that the police do it. And yeah, he was still shouting around every time he spoke. It gave me a headache.
I really wanted to eat his soul so he could shout his mouth forever. Unfortunately, Aria was here. I caught her deep in thought several times so I guessed she was analyzing what was happening. Including guessing who Theo summoned.
After a short interrogation, we were finally allowed to return.
It was 12.21 PM when I got back to the infirmary. Lunchtime was almost over and I hadn't bought my food yet. Even though I wanted to buy it, I decided to hold back and wait until the students went back to their classes.
'That guy is surely annoying,' I thought, throwing myself on my chair. Well, I was not sure Gem would mess up again after what happened. Besides, we had given this matter to the police and there was no evidence that we were involved in this. It was just that I was worried about Aria's suspicions. She might find out that the shadow realm's spy was hiding in this academy sooner than I predicted.
Well, I didn't expect to be in hiding for too long either. But after seeing her passion and how she tried so hard to protect mortals so hard, I didn't want her to find out my identity too soon. I wanted to play a bit longer. Because once she found out, I was sure we couldn't work together like this. This was the first time she defended me. While she usually blamed me for everything.
The sound of the door and footsteps broke my thoughts.
"Where have you been, doc?" Barry's complaint followed that.
I sighed as I turned my attention to them.
“You don't want to know…” I said without enthusiasm, shaking my head from side to side. A dry smile on my lips.
“You heard what the security said ,right? He accompanied Miss Aria around this place," Ion said in a teasing tone. An annoying smile on his lips.
“See? I'm sure he was the one who wrote the fanfiction,” teased Darren.
I replied to them with a flat stare.
"Didn't I say she didn't write it?" I wanted to tell them who the author was but I couldn't. They would bully Evie if they found out.
"Really?" they teased in unison as they took chairs and sat in front of me.
‘These kids…’ I started thinking about turning them into my slaves. But they wouldn't be fun anymore. On the other hand, after dealing with Theo's stupid brother, I wasn't in the mood to deal with their chit-chat for a while.
“Yes. I already confirmed it," I answered quickly and was just about to kick them out. "If you just want---" But suddenly they shoved a paper lunch bag in front of my face. It surprised me and made me stop my words.
“For you, doc,” Barry said with a smile before I said a word.
I took it. My puzzled expression was clear on my face.
"For me?" I repeated in confusion and disbelief. My hand opened it and found a food box there.
“Yeah. It's your lunch. You haven't eaten yet, right? So we bought it for you,” Ion said.
"It's only cheap mac and cheese. But I hope it's enough," Darren added.
I frowned in disbelief.
'Why are they suddenly nice to me? Are they pranking me?’ I thought.
I took out the box and opened it. And they were right, it was mac and cheese. Real food.
"Has the doom arrived?" I turned to the window to check, in case the sky had split in half and some meteors were hurtling down on us.
"That's rude," Barry complained. A frown on his forehead.
“Claire and Evie made lunch for you once. So it's our turn now," Darren explained.
"But since we can't cook, we decided to buy it in the cafeteria," Barry continued.
"You have taught us many things. Just count it as our thank you," Ion added.
They were unexpectedly thoughtful. I smiled at them.
"Thank you." They were not as bad as I imagined. But a second later they proved my thoughts wrong.
"So... Did you hear about the commotion in the corridor this morning?" Barry began to show his intent. “You there right? Mind telling us what happened?” Their gazes fixed on me and their expectant faces showed what they wanted. Information or to be precise new rumors.
My smile faded. My flat stare was back.
"So this is just a bribe," I said straight to the point.
“Yup. With a full stomach, you will tell everything better, right?” Darren said.
"C'mon tell us," said Barry impatiently.
“We heard that Gem guy's voice clearly. He shouted your name and mentioned that you did it so she could take Mr. Theo's place. So we assumed you were together with Miss Aria when that happened,” Ion added.
I shook my head from side to side.
"I don't get it. How can you be this sharp when it comes to this.”
They rewarded me with a proud grin.
"Tell us, what happened," Barry chirped again.
I exhaled a long breath. “Fine. But don't tell anyone about this, okay?" I warned them. And they answered me with an eager nod.
Well, despite their answers, I was not sure they could keep their mouths shut. But this matter was not important to me, the one who ruined his own reputation was not me but Theo and Gem. So it didn't matter even if it spread throughout the academy.
"Listen carefully." I started to tell what happened. Even though it was not detailed, it was enough to turn them into good kids. They didn't even whine at all.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 223 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

47