Chapter 155. Underground Cult
1.4k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 155. Underground Cult
"Wait, wait, wait! Theo's brother thinks you guys did this? This is really crazy!” said Barry once I finished my explanation.
“Yup. He even asked the police to check us,” I said.
"What did you find there?" Ion asked in curiosity.
“Just a piece of paper with devil's summoning formation. It was written in blood, so I'm sure it has been used,” I explained.
The trio nodded repeatedly.
"So Mr. Theo summoned the devil for a consultation,” said Barry.
My flat stare returned. After what happened, what made him think Theo summoned a devil for a consultation?
Ion elbowed Barry upon his stupid statement.
"He didn't mention any ouija board," he reminded him.
Barry gasped in surprise.
“Wait for a second… You mean he summoned a devil to make a wish?” He finally understood.
I answered him with a nod
His jaw dropped.
"Okay that's crazy," he muttered.
Suddenly, Darren broke the silence.
“Wait… Doesn't that mean he wanted to get revenge on this academy or on…” His words trailed off. As if on cue they turned their gazes on me.
"You have to be careful, doc. The devil could be after you,” said Ion. His concern was evident in his tone.
“I will. But if he asked the devil to kill me I should be dead by now,” I reminded them. “There is nothing I can do to fight a devil,” I added.
Then their worries turned into a clear hesitation.
“Uh… about that…” Ion murmured.
"The devil might not have the heart to kill you," Darren continued. His doubt filled his guess.
"Maybe he knows you are a good guy, so he decided to spare your life," added Barry.
‘Good guy?’ Those words made me cringe internally. Calling a devil a good guy somehow irritated me. But I needed to calm down. Aria was here and I couldn't expose my identity yet.
"What makes you think like that?" I asked.
They exchanged glances for a bit before they turned to me.
“Just our guesses,” Darren answered shabbily. I bet this has something to do with how I respond to their last summon.
“There are no good devils and the devil will not hesitate to complete his summoner's request. Remember that,” I warned them.
"We understand, sir," they replied in unison like good kids.
I thought the conversation would end but Barry spoke again, “You know, I'm curious about what happened to Mr. Theo. Why did he disappear? Did he make the devil angry?” he guessed.
'Nah, he just made a really stupid mistake.' I wanted to say that, but instead, I answered with a shrug.
“Who knows? It could be that the devil has eaten him.” I didn't hesitate to take this opportunity to scare them away. They were lucky enough that they summoned me last time. If it was another lord of the seven sins they would at least be covered in wounds.
“Don't play with the devil, okay?” I reminded them.
They answered with a nod.
"Then what did the police say?" Barry asked. Looked like his curiosity hadn't died down yet.
“Are you stupid? They need time to investigate. Do you think the police work that fast?” replied Darren.
“Ah... You're right.”
"And Mr. Gem agreed?" asked Ion.
“He had no other choice. After all, the evidence is clear and there are no fingerprints other than his there,” I explained.
The trio shook their heads from side to side.
"Well, that's a dead end," commented Barry.
"I thought there would be something interesting but it's just another boring story," said Darren regretfully.
"What do you expect?" I asked.
"Hmm... Like a heated battle or debate, for example," Ion muttered.
"Or maybe a love triangle story," added Darren.
My eyebrows wrinkled. "Love triangle? Do you mean between me, Julia and Theo?” I clarified.
“Pfft! No. But between you, Miss Aria, and Mr. Theo," Darren replied in a teasing tone.
My frown worsened.
"Why Aria?" I asked about their nonsense.
“Oh, come on. We know Miss Aria is the author of that crazy fanfiction and I know you protect her. That's why you're not interested in finding out more,” Barry said with an annoying smile.
Darren patted me on my shoulder.
"It's okay, doc. We understand. We won't blame you, even if you already have Miss Julia,” he added.
I brushed his hand off as if I brushed off a speck of dust.
"It's up to you to believe it or not. For sure---” I pointed at the clock. "You guys are late," I warned them.
In an instant, their faces turned pale.
“Oh shit! It's already this late?” Barry half screamed in panic.
Immediately, the three of them got up from the chairs.
"See you later, doc," said Darren, and they ran quickly towards the exit.
But before leaving, Barry suddenly stopped and turned to me.
"Oh right! I almost forgot. There's a new underground cult starting to grow recently. They recruit young people and expand their teaching via the internet. They were trying to recruit one of our classmates but he refused since it's a red-flag cult with a lot of weird rituals related to the Lord of Wrath. He gave us a warning earlier and said they are targeting a lot of talented warriors. So you are better careful," he warned me.
That information was enough to make me stand from my chair in shock.
"Tell me more about it," I demanded. How could they not say something important like this and only feed me useless rumors?
"Next time. I'm late already. Later!" said Barry.
“Tell me after your class is finished,” I said. I knew I had to see Evie later, but this was more important. I just needed to text her that I would be late.
After answering with a thumbs up, without further ado he ran to his class.
A long exhale left my mouth once the door closed.
“Huh… I don't understand what those kids are thinking.” Humanity would end if the warriors acted as childish as they were. Still… They were my precious informants.
'It seems my strategy to befriend with mortals to get a lot of information works well.'

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 223 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

51