Chapter 200. He is Stalking Us
684 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 200. He is Stalking Us
The air was thick with tension as the cashier trembled, fumbling to fulfill my order with shaking hands. The aftermath of our altercation with the robbers still hung heavily in the air, the adrenaline still pulsing through our veins.
The silence was suddenly broken by a hesitant voice. "How... how did you do that?" It was one of the robbers who had been left cowering on the ground, his face still contorted with pain from the beating we had dealt him. He spoke in a voice laced with confusion and disbelief.
Barry answered him. "We're from the battle academy," he said simply. "So… Yeah." His words were smooth and assured, with the confidence of someone who had been trained in the art of combat.
Ion added his own insight. "That's why you guys robbed the wrong store," he said. "We just happened to be here," he said in a nonchalant tone as if he were discussing something as mundane as the weather.
The robbers fell silent, their faces a mix of confusion and fear. They had clearly not expected to be so easily defeated by a group of strangers.
The police arrived a few moments later, their arrival heralded by the sound of sirens blaring outside. We handed over the robbers without incident, and the officers took them away in handcuffs. As they left, one of the robbers turned to us and gave a small nod of respect.
The cashier looked at us with a mixture of gratitude and awe. "Thank you so much," he said, his voice shaking slightly. "I don't know what I would have done if you guys hadn't been here." He looked like he was about to say something more, but his words were cut off by the sound of his phone ringing.
He answered the call and spoke briefly with the person on the other end. When he hung up, he turned to us with a smile. "My boss just called and told me to give each of you a sandwich as a thank-you gift." He gestured to the small refrigerated display case next to the register, which was stocked with a variety of pre-made sandwiches.
Barry took one of the sandwiches without hesitation, examining it closely. "Looks delicious," he said with a grin. "Thanks!" I, Ion, and Darren followed suit, each selecting a sandwich that appealed to them.
As we left the store, the cashier called out to us one final time. "Thanks again!" he said, waving as we walked out the door. We each nodded in response, still savoring the sandwiches in our hands.
Once we were outside, we began to make our way toward the battle academy. The streets were busy since the police were still there. As we walked, we chatted about the events of the day, discussing the robbery and our swift takedown of the robbers.
But as we turned a corner, I felt a strange sensation wash over me. It was as if someone was watching us, their gaze fixed upon our group.
I glanced to my side and caught a glimpse of movement in the back of an alley. I focused my attention on the spot and saw Gem standing there with several other individuals, a mix of different races - an elf, a human, and another Lizardman. My gut instinct told me that they were there to cause trouble.
But as I looked more closely, I noticed something strange about them. Despite their imposing appearance, they didn't look like they were skilled fighters. Their levels seemed average at best, and their bodies lacked the honed muscles that marked a true warrior.
'What do they want?' I thought as I returned my sight to the front.
It was difficult to tell from this distance, but I could see that they were clustered together, whispering amongst themselves. I was not sure they were the ones working with the robbers, but if my prediction was right, he might have planned something against me and the robbery thwarted them.
Darren whispered to me. "Doc... he is stalking us," he said, his voice low and urgent.
I turned to him, my expression serious. As I expected from an archer, Darren was sharp and observant. But he was also the kind of person who would expose my identity if I wasn't careful. "I know," I replied without breaking my stride.
Barry and Ion's expressions remained stoic as they glanced over at Gem and his gang. The tension in the air was palpable - it was clear that they were up to something, and we were their intended targets.
"Should we 'talk' to them?" Ion asked in a low voice. His voice was calm and collected, but I could sense the underlying tension in his words. Barry nodded in agreement; his eyes fixed on Gem's group.
I took a deep breath, trying to keep my cool despite the rising sense of danger. “I wish it could be that easy,” I said. "The officers are still around, and if we attack them first, we'll be the ones in trouble."
I knew exactly what Ion and Barry meant by 'talk' - they weren't suggesting a friendly chat. Even though Gem was on par with Theo, they knew that I would come out on top in a physical altercation.
But there was more at stake here than about the academy. I couldn't shake the feeling that Gem somehow wanted to connect this with his brother's disappearance, and that he might try to use this confrontation to bring up the matter.
‘At a time like this, sometimes I wish I could just return to the shadow realm,’ I grumbled internally. In the shadow realm, I was unstoppable - I could beat any demon that dared to disrespect me. But here in the mortal realm, I had to keep a low profile, both for the sake of my mission and to avoid drawing unwanted attention from that pesky goddess.
The trio let out a collective sigh. "Ah, I forgot about that," Barry whined, his expression morphing into a pout.
"Be careful, doc. It seems like he's targeting you," Ion warned me.
"It's you guys who should be careful," I replied, turning to face each of them in turn. "If he catches you and asks me for money, I won't be able to pay him," I joked, hoping to lighten the mood.
The trio responded with more jokes, their easy banter putting me at ease. "So you're just going to leave us like that? That's so cruel, doc!" Barry whined in his signature dramatic tone.
"Believe me, Gem won't do it. He'll go broke since Barry is a glutton," I added, adding my own joke to the mix.
Ion couldn't resist joining in on the fun. "Yeah, and with all the food he eats, they'll have to rob a bank just to keep up with him," he added, causing Barry to pout in mock offense, eliciting a round of laughter from all of us.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

28