Chapter 202. Date with Claire II
706 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 202. Date with Claire II
Claire's voice brought me back to reality, and I realized that I must have been staring at the bottle for far too long. I turned to her, and she looked at me with a concerned expression on her face.
"Doc, what happened?" she asked, her voice filled with worry.
I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. "Nothing, I'm fine," I said, though my voice sounded shaky even to my own ears.
But Claire wasn't convinced. "You look pale," she said, stepping closer to me.
‘Pale?’ I touched my forehead and realized that she was right. I was sweating profusely, and my heart was pounding so hard that I could feel it in my throat. I tried to calm myself down, but the strange pull of the potion bottle was still there, tugging at me like an invisible force.
I turned to look at the bottle once more.
The bottle stood there, a captivating display of colors and movement. The glass was tinted in a deep shade of blue, with bubbles swirling around inside, rising and falling in an endless dance. The base was made of dark metal, intricately designed to resemble a medieval potion bottle, complete with small knobs and twists that looked like they could be used to control the magic within.
If I remembered correctly, mortals named it “Illusion Potion”. It was a useless potion that was used as a gift by a boy to his beloved woman back in the day. The potion was cheap, easy to make, and could give off the illusion that when the lid was opened, it was something akin to a small hologram projector but made of Magic Power. Something that was enough to entertain mortals in the age of war between the three realms. It only lasted a few minutes until all the liquid in it was used up.
'Just because of this? But why?’ I asked myself. Moreover, I knew it was the mysterious succubus' voice. If that really happened, why did she give me a mortal potion? Why did a devil like me need a useless potion like this?
"Doc?" Claire's voice broke through my reverie, and I turned to face her, trying to keep my expression neutral.
"I have a stomach ache," I said, thinking quickly. "I'm going to go to the toilet."
Before she could say anything else, I turned and made my way toward the back of the store, following the shop's directions to the restroom.
Once I arrived at the toilet, I didn't enter the stall, but stood in front of the sink and washed my face before I looked at my face in the mirror. I couldn't help but feel my nerves getting the better of me. My mind was racing, trying to piece together what had happened. The mission itself was already enough to drive me crazy, but then there was Aria. Then the mysterious memories only added a layer of mystery to the situation.
"Calm down, Azrael," I muttered to myself. "Once you return to your realm, you can interrogate your dad until you are satisfied."
I took a deep breath, trying to center myself before I left the restroom. But as I emerged from the small room, I saw Claire standing at the counter, a paper bag in her hand.
"Thank you for your purchase!" the cashier said cheerfully as Claire turned to face me.
"You have chosen his present?" I asked, my mind still reeling from my internal struggles.
Claire nodded her head, her expression serious. "Shall we go to the coffee shop? I'm a little thirsty," she said, her voice soft.
"I also need a refreshment," I said, glad for the excuse to get out of the shop.
The cool breeze of the spring afternoon gently brushed against our faces as we walked down the bustling street, searching for a cozy coffee shop. The sound of honking cars and chatting people filled the air, but I felt my mind start to quiet down as we got closer to our destination. Claire had chosen a small café that I had never noticed before, tucked away in a side alley.
As we entered, the warm smell of freshly roasted coffee beans hit us, and the cozy atmosphere immediately made me feel at ease. We made our way to a small outside table, overlooking the busy street. Claire ordered a latte with extra foam, and I opted for a simple cup of tea.
Finally, our drinks arrived, and Claire passed me the paper bag with a smile.
"Happy birthday, doc," she said with a smile.
I looked at her in confusion. "Happy birthday?" I repeated with a frown. My mind was still caught up in her words, and I couldn't remember if today was my birthday.
“Yes. Today is your birthday, right?" she said again, her smile still present.
“No, my birthday is…” I was about to refuse her assumption, but then I remembered that Carl had randomly written down a date when he applied to me to the academy. I had never paid much attention to it since it seemed insignificant and unrelated to my mission. But now, it seemed that it was around this time.
"So is that a fake?" she guessed, disappointment evident in her tone. She had already realized that something was off from my expression.
“Yeah. I can't possibly give away my real birthday,” I took the paper bag from Claire's hand. As a devil, I knew that we were inherently greedy creatures, always yearning for more. However, I learned to control my desires over the years. Still--- I wouldn’t reject it.
"All the devil was greedy," I said in a low voice, almost like a whisper. "As long as it is a good gift, as long as a mortal gave it, we would not refuse it."
"Am I also not allowed to know your birthday?" asked Claire curiously.
I opened my mouth to refuse her, but before I could even utter a word, another woman's voice interrupted us. She was calling my name.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

24