Chapter 16: Who are you? Where am I?
2.9k 11 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, I am not a native English speaker, and as I started this story, I never expected that with the end of arc 1, would I have nearly 400 readers for this story.

That's why before this chapter begins, Thank you.

Further, this chapter and the next chapter don't belong to the second arc. The chapters build a bridge between arc 1 and 2.

 

"Who are you?"

 

"A very good question. Tyche should answer you."

 

The woman with the golden hair patted the shoulder of the woman with the silver hair.

 

"Tch."

 

She turned her eyes away from the woman and turned to me.

 

"Since I need to introduce everyone. To my right is my AUNT Persephone next to her is her husband Hades and next to him is Hecate she is a distant relative and good friend of my AUNT Persephone."

 

I think she likes the word "AUNT".

 

Persephone grimaced when she was repeatedly described by Tyche as her aunt.

 

"And I'm Tyche like you should know already because of my AUNT. I'm Tyche, the Tyche you were fighting against."

 

"Just a moment, you're this monster Tyche?"

 

"I am."

 

"But you-"

 

"Look very different? Are not a monster? Can talk? "

 

"Exactly!"

 

"Well, that's what I originally looked like 500 years ago."

 

"Tyche, you wanted to tell her something?"

 

"Yeah, I know. I wanted to thank you, you freed me and saved me. It's just because of you that I'm here, and no longer trapped inside my own body."

 

She lowered her eyes slightly and put on a thoughtful face.

 

"How should I say it ... I'm not me, at least not 100%. I'm just a core splinter of my magic core."

 

Her entire body suddenly became transparent and a small light shone at the heart's position.

 

"Only a splinter?"

 

"Exactly. My real body, as well as my soul, are already too corrupt. This is only a temporary solution, but I think the time I need is enough."

 

*clap*

 

"Enough of that, Tyche. Let's go to my palace."

 

Persephone released Tyche from her negative thoughts. She turned to Hades and Hecate.

 

"What's with you two?"

 

"I'm leaving."

 

Hades didn't hesitate for a moment and stood up. A red portal appeared in front of him. He walked through the portal and disappeared.

 

He had just disappeared out of sight when Hecate spoke up.

 

"I'm going to sleep *yawn*."

 

She put her pillow onto the stone bench next to her and lay down herself.

 

"Well, then only the three of us."

 

"Is it ok if she sleeps here all alone?"

 

"That's not a problem. She's known to sleep anywhere at any time. And in this area is not a single thing that could harm her."

 

"Oh, ok... I know this question comes late, but how do you understand me."

 

We left this garden area and walked a field way towards a big castle.

 

"That's because of the place we are right now."

 

"Because of the place?"

 

Wait! Hadn't Tyche said, she was just a splinter of herself? And that she was defeated by me? Wait a moment, that guy's name was Hades or not !? He is Tyche's uncle! F*CK that's the underworld!!!

 

"I'm dead!?"

 

"Huh!? How did you come to this thought?"

 

"Tyche herself said that we defeated her and the guy, uh, I mean your husband's name is Hades, he has the same name as the king of the underworld. "

 

"Ha. Ha. Hahahahaha."

 

Persephone laughed.

 

"What?"

 

"Ignore my aunt she's special when someone calls Hades the king of the underworld."

 

"Why, is he not?"

 

"He always looks tough and emotionless, but he's very tame and he doesn't have much to do in the underworld, so he always hangs around somewhere."

 

"And... Ha... he feels... Ha... too important himself."

 

"He helped you as well."

 

"Us!?"

 

Yes."

 

"How?"

 

"The (Unleashed Abyss) is an ability, in possession of Hades and he bestows it onto you."

 

"Why me?"

 

The answer is simple, it is the (Darkness affinity). (Darkness affinity) is something very special, many confuse it with shadow abilities belong to (light affinity). The special thing about the (Darkness affinity) is that it can literally negate other magics, which makes their potential almost unlimited. There are only a few races that possess it, such as Dark Dragons, for example. And without your unique ability (overdevelopment) couldn't you receive (Darkness affinity). "

 

"You know what (overdevelopment) can?"

 

"Unfortunately, I have to disappoint you the only thing I know is that it gave you the affinity. We still don't know where you got this ability from."

 

"What is the answer, am I dead now?"

 

"No, you are not. (Unleashed Abyss) opens a one-way portal into the underworld, which means that everything that walks through the portal is consecrated to death, only its user, you, not. "

 

"If I'm not dead, why am I here?"

 

"Ah! That's my fault."

 

"Hm!?"

 

"I took you along with your physical body."

 

"W-why?!"

 

"I wanted to give you something."

 

"Me?"

 

"Of course you! After all, you have redeemed me. But I'll talk later."

 

===

 

We reached Persephone's castle and were current in her throne room.

 

"Where do we start with, Tyche?"

 

"With something light?"

 

"Good. Please try to open your status once? "

 

"Ok..."

 

I tried to open my status, but nothing happened.

 

"It doesn't work. Why?"

 

"This place has different rules, then Tareh. We talked about the underworld just now, but we are actually not in the underworld. "

 

"We are not, where is this place then?"

 

"This world is an intermediate world. It is located between the spirit world, the underworld, and the mortal world, Tareh. Once this world was connected to the other world, the earth. Even Herat can be reached from here."

 

Persephone pointed to a ceiling painting. I recognized the earth immediately, and there was another painting with another world.

 

That must be Tareh and Herat together!

 

"In this world, time flows differently, the time has a completely different meaning for us. As for you, when you return to Tareh, remember who knows how many hours, days or weeks have passed. "

 

"So Tyche, now she knows about this world, my part is done. And she received my gift already."

 

"Good. Then it's my turn. It's about what I want to give you."

 

"What you mentioned on the way here?"

 

"That's it! What I want to give you... is me"

 

"Uh!?"

 

She gives herself to me!?

 

"Sorry, but I don't have such a hobby."

 

"Ahh!"

 

Tyche's head was all red.

 

"I... I... I didn't mean it that way!"

 

"HAHAHAHA!"

 

Persephone couldn't hold back her laughter, and let it echoed through the room.

 

"What I meant was that I entrust you with my core splinter. I can only keep hold onto my body for a few more days. If I am unable to do so, my consciousness will simply disappear, everything would be over, but I think that I can still help you. I have lived eons and I think that my knowledge can be handy for you."

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"Yes, I'm serious!"

 

"Then I will not disclaim your gift."

 

"T-thank you."

 

*clap*

 

"Well, then is your business settled as well. Perfect!"

 

Persephone clapped her hands together and let her gaze wander between us.

 

"Eris was the name, right? Would it be a problem that you can wait a few days for this gift? I would like to spend the last few days with my niece."

"I see, no problems there, it's not like it will be a few years."

 

The next chapter will be released tomorrow when I have enough time.
If not will be a double release on Sunday.

60