Chapter 2: You said you’d love me forever!
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: You said you'd love me forever!

Two days passed since Johnny left him, and Filarion felt like he couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't even breathe. He spooned the pillow that Johnny usually preferred, and waited for the return of the tank.

"Big brother, this is enough," Prisila and Feneria came into the room. It was Prisila who spoke. "We need to do damage control."

"I will not harm Johnny. He can still come back to me," Filarion said, his eyes full of unshed tears.

"You should have known that it wouldn't work out. A goody-two-shoes like Johnny, who likes to play the hero, and a mafia boss like you? Like oil in water," Feneria said, and then sighed. "He was likable, make no mistake, but he was not a good match for the head of the Elathana family."

"He is my heart," Filarion growled. He stood then, and faced his sisters with blazing eyes. "And only I decide who is a good match for me!"

"I am sorry, brother. I misspoke," Feneria's eyes were wide at the outburst. Filarion must really be upset, if he would glare at her so.

"Make sure you don't do it again. I am going to search for him, see what I can do," Filarion said, and then went to the bathroom. He hadn't visited it in the past two days, and it showed. He had a stubble, his hair was greasy, and he stank of sweat. It occurred to him, he needed to be presentable again, before he went to the inn and searched for Johnny. Catch more flies with honey, than vinegar, and all that.

After two hours, Filarion felt like himself again. He took some of his leathers, and put them on. Just in case Johnny turned violent. The elf was no slouch. He knew his way around with daggers, even if it would tear at his heart, to point them at Johnny.

The human had been a breath of fresh air in Filarion's life. Honest to a fault, never afraid to say what he thought. Something that Filarion didn't encounter in the murky waters he usually swam in.

Filarion went, and had the stable boy saddle his horse. As he waited, he nibbled on a loaf of bread. He hadn't eaten in the two days, either. Still, he figured he could always eat on the road.

The stable boy gave him the reins after a while, and Filarion took them. He got in the saddle, and rode off, eating from the still warm bread every so often.

The job had been a success, but there were rumors the sheriff had been tipped off, and had tried to save the five lowlife scum who had tried to cheat the Elathana family.

That must be Johnny's doing, Filarion knew. Still, he couldn't find it in himself to be angry at the human. It was his fault, for keeping secrets from the one he was going to propose marriage to. It could have been worse. Johnny could have yelled at him. Called him names. Broken up with him that night.

Filarion gulped a large gulp of air, and he shuddered. The horse knew the road to the village, and so it didn't mind its rider. As Filarion kept on tormenting himself over what happened, the horse stopped before the village gates.

"Sir Elathana, are you ok?" One of the village guards asked. Filarion blinked at him, holding the now cold bread.

"Ah, yes. Is Johnny Morrel inside the village?" Filarion asked. The guards were notorious gossips. If Johnny were here, they would know.

"Yes, Mister Morrel is at the inn. Rumor has it he is drinking himself under the table. This has been going for two days," the guard then tilted his head to the side, and took a good look at Filarion. "Problems in paradise?"

"Nothing that won't be fixed," Filarion told him, and the guard let him inside. Leaving the horse at the stables, he forced himself to eat the rest of the bread. The elf needed to be in top shape for when he met with Johnny again.

After he brushed the crumbs from his leather vest, he went in the direction of the inn. The place was just as rowdy and full as usual. There was a dungeon, a beginner one, nearby. So, adventurers came and went.

He spotted Johnny in a dark corner, surrounded by empty beer tankards. Filarion made his way to his lover, and then sat by him. Johnny didn't rise his eyes from his tankard.

"Johnny, we need to talk," Filarion began, but Johnny just snorted.

"You are a monster, little leaf," the human tank snarled, and gulped back the rest of his beer. The bitterness in his voice, couple with the words themselves, made Filarion want to cry.

"The family business is not so bad, but it needs to be regulated. We do some good, too," Filarion tried to defend himself, but the piercing blue eyes of the tank found his green ones. There was betrayal in the hazy blue look.

"Five people died. The sheriff found them just in front of the beginner dungeon. He said it was an Orc attack, no matter how many times I told him that you were involved," Filarion's breath hitched. Johnny had done the one thing that the elf couldn't forgive. He had tried to give him away. "Five people, little leaf."

"They didn't pay..." Filarion began, but Johnny smashed his tankard on the table. He swayed, and for a moment, Filarion felt like the tank was going to fall under the table.

"Fuck that," Johnny said, slurring the words. "I pledged to protect the weak, when I became an adventurer. For how long has this been going for?"

"I can't tell you..." Filarion's eyes looked around. They were attracting the looks of the other inn patrons. Filarion reached out, and tried to lay a hand on Johnny's shoulder.

"The great-great... how many greats were there? The grandfather, right? Elathana family- owners of the bloodiest money around here," Johnny yelled, and a couple of people coughed in their hands. If there had been people ignoring them before, there were none now.

"Johnny, don't leave me. You said you'd love me forever," Filarion begged. Johnny was his soulmate, he was sure. The one bright light in his dark life.

"We are over, little leaf," Johnny said, looking hurt, and thus tearing Filarion's heart to shreds. "I will make sure you are brought to justice."

Filarion stood then, and walked out of the inn. He swayed on his feet, as if he were the drunk one. The first tear fell, just as he closed the door. Then, the anger set in.

1