Chapter Nine: Opening Up
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following night, Midas laid in bed unable to think about anything but Shade. He wasn't sure what it was Shade had meant when asking 'what do you do to me'; is it a good or bad thing? With his thoughts preventing him from sleeping, Midas found himself outside of Shade's apartment. He knocked and Shade promptly responded, "Come in."

When Midas entered, Shade had his back to him. Midas was immediately surprised to see Shade wasn't wearing his cloak; instead, he was in dress clothes, complete with a waistcoat. "You're not wearing your cloak," Midas looked him up and down quickly. Shade turned towards him; his face was still covered by the masks. Midas looked at Shade's hair, seeing it for the first time; it looks so soft. "Your hair..." Midas trailed off. He had the strong urge to touch it; that's weird...

"The black is my natural color," Shade ran his hand through it. "Anyway, I was just trying something new. The cloak was getting warm anyway. Also, people still seem to be afraid of me... Do I look more approachable this way?" He held out his arms for a moment, showing off the look.

"I think so- I thought you didn't care about the people though?"

"I guess... It'd be nice if they were at least more relaxed around me," Shade admitted.

"I see..."

"So, what brings you here? Did you need something?"

"Uhm." Midas realized he had shown up without a good reason; why did I show up like this not knowing if he would want me to? How am I going to explain coming here in the middle of the night? This was stupid. As he tried to come up with a reason to have come, his face grew slightly red with embarrassment.

Shade watched him; he looks embarrassed. Is he here for what I think he's here for? Why do I love it so much when he gets nervous? Shade's heart skipped a beat; let's find out if that's really why he's here... Shade walked up to him, getting close. He leaned in, whispering in Midas' ear, "Are you here because you want to scream?"

Midas' stomach flipped and he whispered back, "Please..."

"Well then." Midas could hear the grin in Shade's tone. "Let's get you on my bed." Shade guided Midas to the foot of his bed, removing Midas' shirt, then pushing him to the bed. He removed his own red tie, using it to restrain Midas' right arm to the footboard. Midas watched Shade tie his hand, his mind racing; he's moving so fast. Was he wanting this too? Shade paused for a moment; is this really okay? "I swear to you, there will be no more biting; do you trust me?"

"Yes," Midas' heart was already pounding; it's really happening...

"I have a request of you."

"What's that?"

"Please, grip my bedsheets if you feel the need but do not grab me, especially not my head," Shade requested nervously; I don't want this to go badly again.

"Okay. I won't touch," Midas promised; guess I won't get to feel his hair... Shade removed his converter and kissed Midas deeply before moving down, kissing his neck while running his hands down to his pants. He hastily undid Midas' pants, then removed the rest of Midas' clothes completely. Shade slowly ran his tongue down Midas' body and Midas found himself nearly breathless with anticipation. As Shade's mouth enveloped him, Midas let out the breath he'd been holding. While Shade moved up and down on him, Midas moaned and gripped the sheets, as he had promised. Midas squirmed as Shade continued. After some time, Midas gasped a warning. "I'm getting close..." Shade didn't stop and Midas' hips raised off the bed as he climaxed, then he dropped back down, panting.

Shade was about to move away from him when Midas sat up and quickly, but gently, took him by the chin, bringing his mouth to his. He kissed him deeply, moaning in his mouth. Shade felt as though he may lose control again; keep it together. He gripped the footboard and barely managed to keep his silence. Midas sighed as he pulled out of the kiss, collapsing to the bed once more.

Shade stepped away, into his bathroom. Midas watched him; is he running away? Shade turned on his sink. His mind raced; did you really just do that? I thought we agreed, just the one time! You can not make this a regular thing, you moron. You are not Shade. You are Vee and you need to focus on your work.

 

Shade returned, composed, with his converter back on. Midas had laid on the bed a bit longer, still coming down off the high. He sat up when he saw Shade had returned. "If you want to shower you could use mine, if you like. I mean, yours isn't far away either, whatever you prefer," Shade offered sheepishly.

Midas was looking at him, trying to read his emotions without facial cues; he seems nervous suddenly- A little embarrassed? He was so confident before... "Thanks," Midas said. He untied his hand and stood up, wrapping his arm around Shade. He pulled him in and then grabbed Shade's slightly open collar to loosen it a little more, intending to kiss his neck. Shade tensed as Midas reached for his neck; what's he doing? Midas saw markings on his neck and his heart sank, "These-" He opened the collar; there were obvious strangulation markings as well as a few scars and what appeared to be a cigarette burn. Shade was looking away from Midas, his body still tense. "Someone did hurt you..."

"Don't... Please..." Shade was speaking so quietly.

Midas put his arm around him again, hugging him gently, "I'm sorry. I won't ask." He held him for a short while before gently tilting Shade's chin up and kissing his neck; please don't be afraid of me. When Shade didn't tense, Midas kissed his neck more passionately. "I just want you to feel good too." He continued to kiss and suck on Shade's neck, moving his hand to Shade's back, gripping him. Shade shivered; God. Why can't I control myself? I feel... So good when he touches me like this. Shade moaned and gripped at Midas' back. "Are you sure you don't want me to do anything for you?" Midas asked seductively; he is getting excited- But he's holding back... I wonder if there's a way past his fears?

"N-no, I'm good. I told you; I won't be undressing," His tone was apologetic.

"Okay," Midas responded softly. "Is there something you are afraid of? Anything I can do to make you more comfortable? I'm not trying to make you do something you don't want to. It just seems like you do want to, but are holding yourself back? I just want to know, why?" Midas held his hand; can I help somehow?

"I-I'm not ready," Shade mumbled; and I'm a liar.

"For what exactly? Being touched?"

"Being seen, or heard, or touched."

"What do you think would happen if I saw you without the mask or heard your real voice? I just want to try to understand."

"What if- I'm ugly?" Shade asked; this one isn't even a lie, Shade or Vee, whatever you call me- I am ugly... Compared to those other women, at least.

"Ugly?" Midas wasn't even sure what that meant to him, considering he'd never thought much about the attractiveness of other men before Shade; I just know I like him. Would he be less attractive without the mask?

"Just, hypothetically, what if I'm the ugliest person ever? What if the only reason you can even stand to be near me is that you can't see me?"

"That's very hard to imagine," Midas said, unsure; is the mystery of his disguise pulling me towards him? No; or at least, it isn't the only thing- There is the curse, that bond that I feel with him. Is that even the only thing? There's something else- But what, exactly?

"Humor me?" Shade requested.

"What?"

"Who's the ugliest person you've ever seen?"

"My great-aunt," Midas didn't even hesitate. "I'm pretty sure how awful she was on the inside contributed a lot though. I'm also remembering her through kid eyes, so make of that what you will. Are you about to ask me to imagine you look just like her?" Midas couldn't help but smirk a little.

"Yea, yeah. I know, it's stupid," Shade conceded. "Still though, could you desire someone who looked like her?"

"Well; she was nearly a hundred, so..." Midas frowned; I won't be entertaining this nonsense. "Maybe," Midas grinned wickedly, looking at Shade. Shade burst into laughter and Midas realized he hadn't seen him laugh. He watched him; that's cute! How can such a man ever be cute? Midas laughed.

"I didn't fucking know you were funny," Shade almost sounded genuinely mad but then laughed a little more.

"Only sometimes..." Midas chuckled, then sighed, "Well; I suppose I should get that shower now."

"Wait," Shade took his wrist. "I think, maybe, there's still something to do even if I don't undress." Shade's heart beat nervously; I give up. I can't deny how much I want this to continue...

Midas smiled; good, something he wants from me! "You have something in mind?"

"Do you enjoy doing it standing?"

"Sure," Midas answered, a nervous excitement building in him. "I just need some way to remind my right hand not to move."

"Follow me to the bathroom," Shade directed, grabbing a tie on their way. Inside the bathroom, Shade pointed to the wall. "The towel rack?"

"That should work," Midas confirmed.

Shade positioned Midas so that he was facing the wall and tied his arm to the rack. Shade then placed himself against the wall, facing him. "I'm not ready to reveal any more of myself but I could keep my vocal converter on, so that I don't have to worry about making noise. I'm okay when you hold my waist or back. I love you whispering in my ear and kissing my neck. I also think the fabric of my pants is nice, if you maybe wanted to..." Shade trailed off, looking away, clearly embarrassed. His confidence was suddenly depleted; what exactly was I even thinking? "Now that I've said it out loud, it's juvenile-" His voice faded to barely a whisper, "It's dumb."

Midas frowned; he's insecure... It's crazy how he can go from so confident to feeling like this. If I want to continue this relationship with him, I've got to show him it's okay to open up to me. Midas placed his hand on Shade's back and pulled him close, whispering in his ear. "I think I like this idea." He smiled; probably good for me to start slow anyway. I've never done this stuff with a man. He nibbled lightly on Shade's ear. "Do not be afraid to stop me if anything is wrong." He kissed his neck, licking then sucking on it while keeping his grip firm on Shade's back. Shade moaned in pleasure and Midas pressed more tightly against him. "Is this really enough for you?" He asked, uncertain.

"Yes; you drive me crazy you know..."

Midas gently ran his hand on Shade's thigh; the fabric is nice. "Between or against?"

"A-against..." Midas pressed himself against Shade's thigh, rubbing; okay, guess I'm doing this. He kissed Shade's neck more as his hips moved against him. Shade put his arms around Midas, gripping at his back, moaning excitedly; his body is so tight against me... I can feel his every move. Midas began to moan and pant in Shade's ear as he picked up speed. He witnessed for the first just how much this truly did excite Shade. With his converter on, Shade wasn't attempting to keep his cool anymore; he allowed himself to moan and breath more heavily. Subtly, Shade squeezed his thighs together, rubbing them in sync with Midas' movements. As Midas was getting close, he began to moan louder. Shade gripped harder at Midas' back, "Midas, please..." He begged.

Midas gripped Shade's back, pulling him as close as he possibly could while he reached climax. At the same time, he felt Shade's body quiver as well. Shade let out a gasp of pleasure and then leaned into Midas, seemingly a little weak in the knees. Midas was surprised; Did he? Really? Midas felt a mixture of confusion and excitement; either way, he definitely enjoyed it. Midas kissed his neck passionately before speaking in his ear. "I love feeling you quake like that."

Shade was panting slightly; he removed his converter momentarily to kiss Midas deeply. "You probably should get that shower now, then I can take one."

Midas smiled at him, "Right away; I'll be quick." Midas untied himself, then walked over to the shower. Shade was moving to leave the room when he heard the curtain draw. He suddenly remembered something; shit. He turned back and Midas was looking at a chair in the shower, the kind he normally associated with the elderly. "Is it okay to move this?" He asked.

Shade grabbed it. "Sorry, guess I- Forgot... Somehow..." Shade's ears were red with embarrassment; how did I forget about this? He placed the chair in the corner of the room.

"Can I ask?" Midas was watching him.

Shade lifted his pant leg just enough to reveal the ankle area of the metal prosthetic. "I can't get it wet so I have to sit to shower."

Midas detected what seemed like shame in Shade's demeanor. "I see," He spoke sympathetically; it's fucked up that I find him so hot right now, right? But- He is opening up to me. He's being vulnerable... Midas stepped towards him, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you, for trusting me enough to share."

"S-sure," Shade mumbled; he keeps hugging me... Midas released him and returned to the shower, turning it on. Shade left the room while Midas stepped into the shower. He collected Midas' clothes for him and placed them on the bathroom counter, as well as a set of fresh clothes for himself for after. Then he closed the door to let Midas finish in peace.

Midas stepped out of the bathroom, clothed and clean. He went to Shade taking his right hand and kissing the back of it. "Tonight was amazing. I should go and finally get a little sleep. I hope you'll get some too, after your shower. Goodnight."

"Goodnight..." He kissed Shade's hand again and left. Shade watched the door for a moment; how do I miss him already? Is this how it's going to be? Sometimes we'll do this, then we part ways and act like nothing's going on when we see each other out there... I guess I can live with that. Tonight... Felt good- I want to do it again. When Shade went to shower; he discovered that Midas had returned the chair to its original place for him.

1