Chapter 4 – Reward.
2.4k 11 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reading the first volume of One piece, a notification flashed in front of my eyes.

[ New items added ]

[ New characters added ]

Excited, I opened the list of items available for summoning. There, I saw that I didn't have that many options. The first thing on the list was the fruit that Luffy had eaten at the beginning of the manga called "Hito Hito No mi."

Besides, I also had how to summon chairs, a sword much like a katana, and even a whole boat. It was a sailboat commonly seen in the work. And the characters available to summon were not many.

There was only Luffy, Nami, and Zoro. I was eager to summon Nami since she was a beautiful woman, but she was unavailable. I forgot that I only had one bed in my house.

So, I summoned my first item. Of course, I chose the fruit Hito Hito No mi.

When I summoned it, the fruit began to materialize in front of me, but this time even more slowly. I wonder if I will also summon the characters in the same way.

And after almost a minute, the fruit was floating in the air. Without a second thought, I grabbed it.

An extraordinary, slightly bluish-purple fruit. I summoned it because I wanted to eat it, but now I was a little worried about whether I should do this. I don't know how it tastes, but maybe it's not so bad.

The big problem is that I'm afraid of the side effects. Maybe I get Luffy's abilities, or perhaps I get poisoned and die. Well, I guess the system wouldn't allow me to summon it if it was poisonous.

So I took the fruit and bit into it.

The first thing I felt was a viscous liquid entering my mouth with the bite. Fortunately, it was not a bad taste. I don't know exactly what it tasted like in the original work, but the flavor I tasted was similar to an apple.

The only difference was that the fruit was slightly softer and more disgusting.

I kept eating it until finally, it was all in my stomach. I caressed my stomach and then burped. I stood there for a few minutes, waiting for something to happen, only to be disappointed.

The only thing different was the completed mission notification floating in my vision.

[ Quest completed ]

[ Reward of 100$ added to your balance ]

"WHAT? 100$?!"

####

Unbelieving the amount of money I had earned, I almost lost consciousness. I opened the cash bar, and there were 100 dollars. "How do I withdraw it? I need to put an ATM somewhere, right?"

I said out loud. The system seemed to hear me as right away a message appeared in my vision.

[Do you want to put the ATM here?]

"Put it here, against the wall of the room," I said aloud, and the ATM suddenly appeared where I had asked. This time it hadn't materialized. It was as if it had teleported here.

I approached it slowly, startled.

It looked just like a regular ATM. The only difference was that it didn't have any bank logos; it was completely white. Furthermore, it had only two buttons on it.

When I approached it, the ATM screen came on. There, I saw the amount available on my cash bar.

[ $100 ]

So I clicked on the first button, which was the green one. When I did, a new message appeared on the ATM screen: [ Say the amount you want to withdraw ].

"100"

[ Click the green button to confirm or the red button to cancel ]

So I clicked on the green button.

[ Withdrawal confirmed ]

A $100 bill came out from ATM.

"You've got to be kidding me..." The first thing I did was to pick up the $100 bill and look to see if it was fake. No, it wasn't fake. I stood there looking at the $100 bill, not knowing what to say or do.

This was all so unbelievable. A little while ago, I was starving, but now I am holding a $100 bill. And this without making any effort. This is something divine.

"Thank you, God." I said as I held the money and felt a tear appear in the corner of my eye.

However, I quickly wiped the tear away and put a smile on my face.

"Now I'm pretty excited to get on with my life!"

####

Fascinated by my new system, I opened my Status again and waited for a new mission to appear; however, it didn't appear. But that didn't matter; I'll go out and buy food.

I know I have instant noodles in the cupboard, but it's not enough.

So I got to the market faster than ever and bought a tray with meat, various fruits, and some snacks I was craving. I also bought bacon and eggs.

Now I was going to eat decent and nutritious food.

Using my old stove, I made the bacon and eggs, then fried a beef steak and also made a salad of tomatoes and lettuce. This was all during the night. I had gone to a 24-hour market.

I quickly devoured all that satisfied, and I was ready for bed.

I had a lot of bacon and egg left over, so I put them away as I went to bed. I was so anxious that it was difficult to sleep.

####

Waking up the next day, I got out of bed excitedly and opened my Status to see if it wasn't all a big illusion. And it wasn't. The Status was there. I opened the list of items and characters available for summoning, and there were the same.

Even though I summoned the fruit Hito Hito No mi, it was still available to summon. I think I can summon the same items multiple times and characters only once.

And as I looked at the Status.

[ New mission available ] flashed in front of my eyes. I soon realized that I would receive one quest per day. Depending on the reward, I could be rich in a short time.

I think I'm exaggerating... There's no way to get rich that quickly.

[ Reward - $500 ]

"Huh?"

73