Chapter 10 – Does the system want me to become a criminal?
2.1k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rias continued to choke me for a few seconds before finally letting go. She was smiling and looking much better than before. She seemed a little calmer now.

I hope she will adapt to this world.

"Rias, I've dealt with the rats, so don't worry about that anymore. And in case of bugs show up, I'll kill them somehow too." I wasn't the one who dealt with the problem, but the giant bat.

But since I was the one who summoned it, I guess I have some merit in that.

"I see. That's great. So that's why you left at that time? To kill the rats?"

"That's right. Not only that, but I wanted to test some things and cook food for both of us."

"Speaking of which, I'm hungry."

"If we take any longer, the food will get cold. Let's go downstairs."

"Okay."

We went down the stairs together, and Rias saw the rest of the house for the first time. The first thing she talked about was how the place was clean but at the same time looked so dirty. And, of course, she made it clear how old and ugly the house was.

You know, it hurt my feelings a little bit.

But that doesn't matter.

So, after putting some food on a plate and handing it to Rias, she tasted the food I had made. Her first reaction was to widen her eyes and then to look at me. She was surprised.

Next, she put more food in her mouth and then some more.

'I think she liked it.' I smiled and put food on my plate to eat along with Rias. 'I hope it won't be long before we have a big dining room and maybe maids to prepare our food.

I'm dreaming too much, aren't I?

####

When we finished eating, I decided to talk to Rias about housework. She said she would help me clean the house and could also cook for both of us.

"I'm good at it, so I see no reason not to do this. Besides, I hate to do nothing. And in this world you brought me, there's nothing to do... Even demons don't exist."

"Hahaha... Yes, that's right. If demons existed, they probably would have figured this out by now and would be studying a demon's body in a government lab... I'm kidding."

"A lab? I think it's best not to let them discover my existence."

"I was kidding... And even if they find out about you, I'm sure with your skills, you could handle it, right?"

"Probably... But I'd rather not do that. I don't want to be treated like a police fugitive or something.'

"Yeah, that sucks."

"Have you ever been treated like a fugitive?"

"No, but my dad has been wanted by the police a few times...he wasn't a good person." I gave a slight smile as I scratched my head. Rias looked at me as if he wanted to know what my dad had done.

I had no reason to hide it, so I told her. "My father was someone who worked with illegal things, so he's been wanted by the police a few times. The last time, he disappeared completely and never showed up again."

"Did the police catch him?"

"No, he just disappeared. Maybe he traveled to another country and lives under another identity or something."

"What about your mother?"

"She died a while ago. After my father disappeared, she ended up getting sick. I cared for her until she couldn't stay home anymore and had to stay in a hospital."

"I'm sorry about that..."

"I am over her death. At the moment, she is resting. After my father's disappearance, she suffered a lot of pain and insomnia., It was a complicated situation." I gave a forced smile and looked at Rias.

This is the first time I've talked about all this with anyone. For some reason, I felt comfortable talking about it to her. Rias was looking at me, clearly with pity on me about what had happened.

That makes it even worse. I don't particularly appreciate being pitied. But I won't say that to her.

I got up and put the dishes in the sink. When I went to wash them, Rias came over and offered to do so. I let her do it, returned to the living room, where I had my old couch, and sat down.

I took a deep breath, and images of my mother in the hospital came to mind.

"I must stop thinking about that..." I sighed again and stood up. "Hey Rias, I'm going to take a shower and go to the room. If you need anything, call me."

"Okay."

####

The next day, an annoying noise woke me up. It was like an alarm clock, but I didn't have an alarm clock in my room. And when I opened my eyes, there it was, the system wanting me to wake up.

[ It's time to wake up. ]

When I saw this notification, I started to get quite irritated. However, I became calmer as soon as I saw the following notification.

[ New mission available ]

As soon as I opened the notification, there was a new mission. It wasn't a main mission; it was just a simple mission.

[ Use a skill for your benefit ]

When I saw the mission, I was speechless. What the fuck? Does the system want me to become a criminal or something? I won't be arrested, but it's still a crime.

Do I have to do this? Haaa~~

I quickly got out of bed and combed my hair before going downstairs. I had even forgotten to wash my face.

When I got downstairs, there she was, Rias. She was in the kitchen preparing something for breakfast. She looked at me in surprise as soon as she saw me, "What happened? You look nervous." She said.

"It's nothing. I just remembered there is something I need to do." I opened the front door to leave, but Rias called out to me.

"Aren't you going to breakfast?"

"Don't worry; I'll eat as soon as I get back!" I told her before running out of the house.

'I will complete this mission quickly and return to the house. The reward is $500, so I can't ignore that.'

49