Chapter 40 – Russia.
214 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes slowly. I had slept on the couch, so I was feeling intense pain in my back. I slept in a not-very-comfortable position.

I got up and looked around. I saw the pool outside and the beach in the distance and remembered that I was in a new home. It wasn't all a dream like when those zombies attacked me.

So Edna is a god or something.

I walked to the kitchen and drank a cup of water. After that, I went to my room and took a hot shower. It was cold, as it was very early in the morning. The sun had just appeared on the horizon.

After I had showered, I got a cup of coffee and sat on a beach chair to look at the sea. I had put on a sweatshirt.

The strong wind was creating high waves. It was a great place to surf. I have no experience with it, but now that I have much free time, it might be a good time to start practicing.

"No, I won't be able to do something like that." I took another sip of my bitter coffee and closed my eyes, enjoying the cool sea breeze. After, Rias arrived on the beach and stood beside me.

I looked at her and smiled.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked.

"Yes, I slept very well. The bed is very comfortable."

"I see. Can you share your room with someone? Since every bedroom has two beds."

"As long as that person isn't Bulma, I can. I also don't want to share a room with a man other than you."

"With a man other than me?"

"You understood what I meant."

"Don't worry. I wouldn't put an unknown man to sleep in the same room as you. But you can share a room with someone, right?"

"Yes. But will you summon someone else? Now?"

"Maybe... Another portal will open, and I need help. I considered ignoring it, but I can't do that."

"Another portal? So that one wasn't just a unique event?"

"Many more will appear from now on. I need to assemble an army to deal with them all."

"..."

"It won't be easy, but I have to try to do something... Or the world will end up destroyed. It's no fun living with you guys if we don't have a world to enjoy, right?"

"That's the first time I've seen you say something like that."

"I'm trying to win you over. I couldn't do it?"

"No, keep trying."

"Damn it." I stood up and walked to the seawater together with Rias. The icy seawater washed our feet, and before we knew it, we were throwing water at each other with our feet.

We laughed and had fun as if all the world's problems had disappeared.

####

Eight hours before the portal opened, I was still deciding whether to do something. Rias didn't want to give an opinion on what I should do. She just told me to do what I think is better.

We finished eating and sat outside the house. I had my laptop on my lap and was looking at a news site.

It was a news site from the United States. They had started constructing a massive wall around the hole that had opened before I left the country.

They were also working to investigate the hole. I hope they don't send people down there.

But there was nothing else besides this.

It didn't seem like anything had happened anywhere else in the world. Only the United States was suffering from monster attacks.

"So probably the second portal will also appear in the united states," I said aloud.

"Do you think this new portal will appear near the first one?"

"Maybe. But if the portal appears close to the first one, we won't be able to do anything about it. We are on the other side of the world, after all." I answered Rias.

"What if that woman appears again and teleports us to the united states?" Rias asked me. I thought for a while and answered.

"If she teleported me there, I would agree to help... But I'm not sure that will happen."

"What if the portal only appears near you? It will probably appear in japan." It was Bulma's turn to say something. Like us, she was in a beach chair, drinking berry juice. She was enjoying that.

"That could also be a possibility. However, Japan is far from our island. The portal would probably appear in the middle of the sea."

"Yes, you are right."

"Well, let's wait and see what happens. I hope not too many people die this time."

####

A big snowstorm had broken out in Russia in the middle of a snow-covered field. Close by, in a small village, all residents had already gone inside their houses and turned on their heaters and fireplaces.

In the sky, a large dark circle appeared. Various purple lightning started to come out of the middle of the circle and fall toward the ground. Wherever the lightning fell, the snow melted.

Less than five minutes later, a stronger glow appeared in the center of the large portal, and something came out of it, falling meters to the ground.

The monster stood up as if nothing had happened, and then other monsters began to come out of the portal and fall toward the ground. The big group of monsters marched towards the village a few kilometers ahead. No human had noticed what had happened.

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

9