Chapter 42 – I don’t want to get into a conflict.
240 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found Rias and Bulma on the beach when I returned to the island. The two were sitting on beach chairs and drinking coconut water. As soon as I reached the ground, the two approached me.

"Did you find the portal?"

"No, I found nothing, but the portal has already opened. Many people have already died." I answered Rias. She was confused about how I knew some people had died, but she didn't question me.

Unlike her, Bulma asked me about it. I said that every time a portal opened, the number of deaths appeared in my mind to warn me that I should do something.

"It's strange that you get the information that the portal will open and the number of people who have died but you don't get the location that the portal is at." That's what Bulma said. And I have to agree.

The system could make that easier, like... Making a map. But luckily, this time, I have a location.

"Murmansk... They told me where the portal appeared this time."

"Wasn't it better that you went straight there?" Bulma asked.

I scratched my head and replied, "Well, I don't know exactly where Murmansk is. I came back here to look at the map using my cell phone or laptop." It would have been simpler if I had taken my cell phone with me.

I ran into the house and grabbed my laptop. After that, I looked up Murmansk on google maps. And as I imagined, it was a region in Russia... far away from here.

A city in the northwest of Russia. I should have remembered this place since it is famous mainly because of the second world war.

"But why did a portal appear in this place? Is there a reason behind it?" I said in a loud voice. Rias also seemed confused about it.

It's not a very populated place and is relatively isolated.

'Fortunately, the deaths number hasn't increased since I arrived on the island. Maybe the monsters appeared in a more remote location where few people lived.' I must get there before they reach the city's most populated area.

But how will I do that?

I closed the laptop and stood up. I started walking around, thinking about what I should do.

I picked up the laptop again and did some new research.

"The distance between Japan and Russia is almost 4,000 kilometres. It is impossible." That is out of the question. If I am correct, a commercial airliner flies on average at 600 kilometres per hour. I would need to fly as fast as an airplane to get there in 6/7 hours...

I would get tired on the way... Damn.

"Hey, where are you? Can't you teleport me to Russia?!" Losing patience, I threw the laptop on the couch and stood up. I screamed because I knew God was watching me.

I got no answer. I looked like an idiot.

"The only thing I can do now is fly over there."

"Are you sure you can do that?" Rias looked worried.

"I think I can't go the whole way in one go... I'll probably need to take a few breaks along the way."

"Are you going to go alone?"

"I'd really like to take you with me, but I think I'll do it faster if I go alone. Can I count on you to take care of the island and Bulma?"

"Count on me!"

"Okay, I'll get ready." I opened the system and looked at the active mission. No one else had died. That's good. I went to my room and put on the most suitable clothes for this situation.

An outfit that can withstand a lot of cold and wind!

I put on two sweatshirts, two pairs of pants, two socks, and shoes. In addition, I put on a cap and took a pair of glasses to protect my eyes from the wind. Yes, it was time to fly.

####

I flew at high speed. I tried my best to fly as fast as possible using my Ki. And I was flying much faster than I expected. It was insane speed.

I don't have something to measure how fast I'm flying, but I'm pretty sure I'm flying at over 600Km/h, for in less than 30 minutes, I had already reached the coast of Japan.

It was an "trip" that take me hours to do when flying at the speed that I used to fly. Seeing that I could arrive in Murmansk much faster than expected, I smiled.

'The only problem is the cold I'm feeling.' Even though I'm not flying very high, I could freeze any moment. Also, my cap had flown off my head, and my ears were sore.

My hands were also hurting because of the cold.

But I didn't let myself be shaken. I kept going, and before I knew it, I had crossed all of Japan and reached a place that I believed to be North Korea. I knew it would be dangerous, so I decided not to fly over the country.

I don't want to get into a conflict with them.

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

10