Chapter 6 – The Kamehameha Wave
1.9k 9 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

'Do you know what a waste of time? Well, college. Regretted finishing that. Wasting four years of my life in that cesspool of sin and debauchery.'

 

Yamcha thought of his previous life. Mostly to move his mind away from how he was getting destroyed by a guy who was almost a background character. While his body healed quite well, the pain was still there.

 

At least he is staying true to the character of the body he now possesses, he thought jokingly.

 

If it were two days ago, Yamcha would have been afraid of falling into the folly of the original character… losing.

 

But it didn't matter right now, and he was looking at the bigger picture. Like how he might be able to get his Wolf Fang Skill to level up. Or maybe get even more points on his willpower stat, which he had already increased during this fight.  

'Okay, that maybe isn't the bigger picture around. But if a chance comes to get stronger, I should take it. Unlike Goku, I won't get stronger by just receiving a beating. Otherwise, original Yamcha would have been Beerus level.'

"So, how did this mountain get on fire?" he got up and shrugged his shoulders, there was some pain there, and his HP had just dropped below twenty. Time to take a break and heal up. 

 

Ox King looked at him, tilted his head, and sighed in disappointment as the unpleasant memories returned to him. "I hired a shabby magician. He was supposed to create fire around the castle. But the incompetent bastard had his spell go out of control and put the whole mountain on fire!"

"Really? I heard rumors that some fire spirit descended on the mountain." Yamcha contemplated the validity and power of magic in this world. It varied, just like Ki did, between users. He was excited and couldn’t wait until he had the chance to try and learn magic. 

 

"Nah, those are just stories people made up," the Ox King shrugged. 

 

That was when Goku arrived with Chi Chi in tow. Master Roshi also came in a… spinning turtle shell? Yamcha was confused and bewildered. 

 

He hadn't seen the show in a long time, but was this how Roshi came here originally? Original Dragon Ball was whacky as hell. 

As Roshi landed, he walked and stumbled, with his eyes spinning. "Ugh, all that rotating made me a little dizzy."

 

Yamcha immediately uses Observe on the old master.

[Roshi - Lvl ???]

[??? and due to ??? he can live longer. He has let himself go during the recent century. ??? after ??? and the ???. (PL: ???)]

He was surprised by this but also intrigued. At this stage, Roshi shouldn't be at a level where he was strong enough that the Observe wouldn't be able to read him. The old man would only start retraining himself back to his peak after Goku and Krillin enter the 21st Budokai Tenkaichi.

But Yamcha had also discovered something else: the difference between levels and power levels was huge. They each represented something else at their core. A person with a high level doesn't necessarily have to be strong, and a person with a low level doesn't necessarily mean they're weak. 

 

Though the ones with low level meant that Yamcha could use Observe on them. 

"Master Roshi, I am glad that you came,” Ox King welcomed Roshi, looking around the old man to try and see if the Bansho fan was there. It wasn't. “Did you bring the Bansho Fan?"

"Heh, Ox King, is that what they call you now? I have been hearing some terrible rumors about you." Roshi shook his head in disappointment, struggling to get rid of his dizziness.  "Killing anyone that comes into your territory, suspecting them of wanting your treasure."

 

Yamcha expected the Ox King to refute or try and make excuses. But the giant of a man only bowed, with his forehead hitting the ground. "Sorry! Master Roshi, I let greed take the better of me."

Suppose Yamcha didn't know from his past life. He would have doubted this case of the Ox King being sincere in his apology. No one could change so fast, but maybe having a mountain of fire around your home changed your perspective in life. 

The old man then turned toward Bulma and smiled. That single smile made Yamcha immediately lose a lot of respect he had for Roshi. In the show, his antics were amusing, not so much in reality, though. 

 

"Huehuehue," the old man approached Bulma. "Goku promised me that to blow out the fire. You would let me touch your boobs."

"No way!" Bulma refused him without missing a beat. 

'She might be a promiscuous young girl who used her flirty side to get other people to do what she wanted. But even Bulma has her limit. Though if a handsome man had asked her to do that, she probably would have gone along.' 

 

Yamcha remembered the old saying: If you’re ugly, then whatever you do is creepy. If you’re handsome, then it’s sexy. 

"Ah, I see that the legendary Master Roshi is nothing but a pervert," Yamcha intervened before the old man could say anything more. 

Yamcha’s original plan was to go and become Roshi’s student, but he wasn’t so sure anymore. After all, it wasn’t like Roshi even taught Goku anything special, and if he wanted to see how they trained, Yamcha knew he could just spy on them. Also, he remembered how they trained in the show, carrying milk, traveling up the mountains, and so on. 

Even if he became his student, the old man wouldn’t understand Yamcha’s physical ability and how to train it. For example, he wouldn’t worry about permanent injuries too much or about sleeping. Yamcha doubted Roshi would allow him to push himself like that. 

 

‘Maybe I could try and explain to him my Gamer Interface? No, that would be a foolish move. Showing someone your cards isn’t a smart thing to do. Whether they’re good or bad people doesn't matter. Roshi is also the kind of guy who would give up any secret for a pair of nice breasts.’

 

Yamcha thought carefully and planned his next move and what to say. He needed something that would pull on the old man’s consciousness. “Saying that you won’t help your student just because Bulma won’t show you her breasts. She’s just sixteen and still in high school.”

 

He knew that despite his depraved behavior that was more suitable to a thousand-year-old virgin who hadn’t had contact with a woman in two millennia, deep down, Master Roshi was a good man. So his threat about not doing anything unless Bulma showed her breasts to him was a big bluff. That was a logical conclusion, knowing Roshi as he did from the anime and manga.


“Heh, what do you know, brat, sixteen is a fully grown woman in my eyes,” Roshi waved him off nonchalantly while looking at Bulma with a perverted smile, causing her to go behind Yamcha and hide from his view. The old man sighed at that. “When you have lived as long as I have, age is just a number.”

 

“And a jail cell is just a room,” Yamcha added without missing a beat, smirking before continuing. “Also, a guy forcefully railing you from behind in the prison showers is just him showing his passion and love for you. Maybe many guys at once, will show their unadulterated ‘love’ in prison.”

 

Roshi winced at the mental image. Yamcha knew right then and there that he had got the old man. It’s hard to be horny while thinking of guys in prison doing unspeakable things to you—it kind of ruins the mood of the whole thing. 

 

“Sure, sure~" the old man sighed. "Young people these days know no respect for their elders.”

 

Roshi relented, and Yamcha nodded. Though the old master had given up, he knew the perverted martial artist wouldn’t change his antics. Being a pervert is one thing, and telling Bulma that you will only blow off the fire if she showed him her breasts is another. 

Then with Yamcha and everyone looking at him, Roshi clumps up a wall with a bit of difficulty and takes off his shirt. He took a breath, and his muscles expanded. In a split second, he went from a pencil-like thin old man to a bodybuilder like no other.

 

 

Everyone gasped in surprise except Yamcha, who looked on calmly and observed every movement the old man made, how he breathed, and how his arms moved. 

 

Roshi clasped his hands together as an ethereal blue hue covered his body, and he moved his hands to the side in the famous pose. “Ka-Me-Ha-Me-...” Blue light shone from between his fists, so bright that one could barely look directly at it. “HAAAAAAAA!!”

 

The beam pushed from his hands like a cannon and rushed toward the mountain of fire. 

 

BOOOOOOM!

 

The explosion was massive, and the world was white for a second. Everyone felt the after effect of the blast pushing them. Oolong fell to the ground, and Puar held onto the RV van’s door for dear life so as not to fly away. Goku looked on in shock. Bulma held onto Yamcha.

 

While this all happened, the world around Yamcha seemed to disappear. He didn’t care about anything else, as even though his eyes screamed at him to close them, he didn’t and looked straight onto the explosion. 

 

The mountain popping like a balloon, the aftershock, the smell of atomized dust. Everything was so… awesome. Yamcha felt like a kid who just got a new toy. Memories of a young boy and his friends doing the Kamehameha pose and fantasizing about shooting beams of their hands.

 

[Perception increased by 1]

 

When the blast went away, everyone could do nothing but look on in shock. Even Goku, who usually was not impressed by anything and kept a smile on his face, had wide eyes and a slack jaw. 

 

Roshi said something with a bragging smile as he adjusted his sunglasses and jumped down from the wall.

Yamcha came to his senses and saw Goku, who had gathered Ki in his hands and was about to throw a beam at the RV van. So he went and picked the monkey boy up by the back of his shirt and turned him around toward a wall. 

Baam!

 

A smaller blast came from his hands and smashed into the wall, making a crack in the hard stone. 

 

The others looked at him in surprise, Roshi muttered under his breath. “W -What talent, a move that took me fifty years to learn…”

 

“Ah, my beam was smaller than the old man’s,” Goku muttered in disappointment while looking at his hands. The Saiyan didn’t seem impressed by himself. 

Roshi was impressed by what he had seen. Even Yamcha could tell him that. But right now, he didn’t care about Goku either. 

 

The Gamer smirked, clasped his hands together like Goku had done, and turned toward the walls. 

 

Images of a kid once again flashed in his mind. This time, it wasn’t a fantasy; he wasn’t playing pretend any longer. Emotions he had long thought he had outgrown burst from his heart. 

He controlled every ounce of Ki in his body to gather in his hands, and once again, the world turned white, shining upon Yamcha’s wide smile. 

*******

A/N: Roshi might be a perverted old man. But we all know he’s the kind of guy who would give his life to save the world (like he did with King Piccolo). 

 

 

Name: Yamcha

Age: 16

Title: Bandit

Level 3 [EXP: 18%]

 

HP: 50/50

MP: (locked)

Ki: 25/25

 

Strength: 10

Agility: 11

Endurance: 10

(Power Level: 10)

*

Intelligence: 5

Perception: 5 -> 6

Willpower: 5 -> 7

(Magic Power: 5)

 

Status Points: 10

 

Description: Twice as strong as the average human. In general, still a weakling. 

 

***

Skills:

Wolf Fang Fist - Lvl 4

Swordsmanship - Lvl 1

Ki Control - Lvl 1

Ki Enhancement - Lvl 2

Observe - Lvl 3

85