Chapter 7 – Talent
2k 20 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Talents like this kid, Goku come once in a thousand years, Roshi thought. After all, if the Kamehameha Wave was so easy to learn, every single one of his enemies or those who saw him use it would have the power to destroy mountains and split the sea. 

 

Still, at least Goku’s Kamehameha was quite weak, showing he was still like a rough diamond that just needed a little polishing. Some physical training would increase the young boy’s Ki, and he would be using fully powered Kamehameha Waves in no time. 

 

But then it happened again. The well-spoken brat did the same pose next to Goku and gathered his Ki. 

 

Roshi felt his breath hitch as a huge amount of Ki gathered toward the teen’s hands. His Kamehameha was much more plentiful and bright, and while the others looked away, Roshi had his sunglasses and could see everything that happened, even the spiraling Ki in the youngster’s hand. 

 

Not one, but two! One of them had even caught on to the real essence of the Kamehameha Wave, the spiraling of the Ki and its charge up. This more mature version of the Kamehameha copied the one Roshi had used almost perfectly. 

“KA!-Me-Ha-Me…HAAAAAAA!!” Yamcha’s beam broke through the wall that Goku had hit with his own Kamehameha, which went even beyond that. It ripped through multiple houses in the abandoned town, then went to the trees and atomized them apart. A canal was created from here to as far as the eye could see.

 

If Roshi were a betting man (which he is), he would say that the wave had even reached the sea close by.

 

Two talented young men, even though Yamcha was older, his Kamehameha was also better than Goku’s. 

 

But Roshi saw something else in Yamcha’s eyes that Gohan's grandson lacked. Excitement, not the kind where you just learned a new technique. But the kind of excitement he saw when someone just got their hands on their new addictive video game.

 

‘Better teach the kid some control before he uses the Kamehameha whenever his Ki is full.’ Thought Roshi, a technique like this used recklessly could destroy the world. So he got closer to the young teen and, using his staff, hit him on the head. “Oy! Brat! Don’t go using the Kamehameha recklessly. What if in the direction you had shot it was a town or something?!”

 

Yamcha, breathing heavily, turned toward Roshi. The smile on his face was still wide as ever. “Oh, sorry, but shouldn’t there be an ocean that way?”

 

Did he know that before using the Kamehameha? Wondered Roshi. Maybe the kid wasn’t as reckless as he seemed. “Of course, but you still need to be careful. What if someone had been walking there or maybe some small village was in the way?”

 

There were only deserts in the way and some wilderness, so Roshi didn’t think Yamcha hit anything. 

 

“Sorry, I will be more careful next time,” Yamcha nodded resolutely. “I should never use a planet buster move so casually.”

 

Roshi would have believed the kid’s words, but Yamcha still had that childish wide smile on his face while looking at his hands. As if what he had used was something of a miracle. 

 

Also, calling the Kamehameha a planet buster move was a little pushing it. Sure, you could theoretically destroy the moon if you were strong. But the power that would take to blow up the earth is unimaginable, something no one had ever reached and never could reach in Roshi’s eyes.  

 

Goku nodded while looking at the destruction Yamcha’s Kamekameka had caused and went to ask him. “Why did your Kameka-thing break through things more than mine? ”

 

“You need to spin the Ki in your hands for more penetration power when you shoot it out, and charging up the attack helps,” Yamcha answered without missing a beat. “Also, it's called Kamehameha.”

 

‘So he didn’t use that instinctively and already saw through that aspect of the Kamehameha too? This isn’t just simple talent, but astute perception too. Judging by his breathing, it seemed like he put everything in that attack.’ Observed the old turtle hermit. Though the teen wasn’t showing it outwardly, which was commendable, it seemed like he had put everything in that one blast and was likely close to passing out. 

 

With his experienced and careful eye, Roshi could precisely judge Yamcha’s and Goku’s talents. He thought it would be a shame if these two young men didn’t learn the basics from the best out there and then develop independently. These talents are rare, less than once in a thousand years, and there are two at a time.

 

Usually, two people born with such immeasurable talent clash and become rivals, and kill each other. A mountain can’t have two tigers, and a world can’t have two be the best in that generation. 

 

Only one would reign supreme over the other. 

 

Roshi hoped Yamcha and Goku wouldn't walk down the path of envy and power. 

***

 

Yamcha’s body felt heavy like he was at the bottom of a wet noodle mountain. Even though he took deep breaths, his lungs felt like there wasn’t enough air. 

 

‘Okay, a reminder for the next time, don’t use all your Ki in an attack, or it will leave you so tired you can barely keep your eyes open.’

 

He would have probably passed out if he didn’t have the Gamer Interface. Still, ten out of ten would do it again. What was some critical exhaustion in the face of being able to shoot beams from his hands?

 

If only he had a Senzu Bean. Those things are miracle workers. They would have helped with grinding up some high Ki consumption skills. 

 

He opened his status page with a thought and saw that his Perception had increased by 1 point, and his Ki Control had gone up. Also, a new skill appeared on his Skill Page. 

[Kamehameha Wave - Lvl 1/50]

[The strongest Ki Attack on earth. An excellent move with limitless potential. The more Ki is put into the attack, and the longer the charge up, the stronger it becomes. At higher levels, the move can grow bigger and more powerful while using less Ki.]

Even through his pain and tiredness, he smiled. This was what he had wanted. He expected to fail at this. Still, despite what many fights said, the original Yamcha’s talent was also indisputable as he had learned Kamehameha by himself too. 

"I -Impossible!" Bulma exclaimed as she came closer to Yamcha, pulling him out of his thoughts, and looked at the destruction the Kamehameha Waves had caused. 

Then she looked toward the destroyed mountain and back at the newly-made canal. "This is impossible. Only a nuclear weapon should be able to destroy a mountain like that. Also, the beam you shot resembled a laser. How could a human release enough energy to shoot out a laser like this?! Even the military hasn't been able to create something like this!"

"You have been looking for balls to summon a wish-granting dragon," Yamcha shrugged nonchalantly. "Just go with the flow, and don't question things too much."

"Yeah, but even with the dragon balls, there's still a good chance they don’t actually grant wishes." Bulma insisted as she took out a strange metal detector-like device and pointed it at where Yamcha's Kamehameha had started its destruction. "There's no radiation either. So it doesn't have the same chain reaction as atoms splitting? Weird…"

Yamcha looked at her weirdly, he thought Bulma always believed that the Dragon Balls worked. Well, she was a woman of science. Though, he is the one who was transported from a normal world. Yet, among them, she’s the one questioning things even more than he is. 

After a while, Bulma sighed, peeved at finding nothing, and went toward the wreckage of the castle using her Dragon Ball radar, she was able to find what she was looking for.  

 

From the corner of his eye, Yamcha noticed Chi Chi promising Goku, and he agreed to take her as his wife. This was a good event since it meant that there was still a chance that Gohan would be born. 

 

Despite his later uselessness and talent waste, Gohan was integral to the Cell and Buu Saga. 

‘Oh… Majin Buu… now that’s another problem I shouldn’t think about too much, or I might just shit my pants.’ Yamcha shuddered just thinking about it. Because Buu was still on earth, buried somewhere unknown. About two accidents away from being awakened. 

 

If there was a God out there, Yamcha prayed that he wouldn't awaken that monster when everyone was barely even able to shoot a Kamehameha. 

 

Roshi came and offered both Goku and Yamcha to become his students, both refused for now. But they would think about it after the journey is finished.

 

After the event at Frypan Mountain, they set off again, this time Oolong riding.

 

As Yamcha was tired, he rested in the backseat, with Bulma by his side. 

“Are you sure you don’t need something?” Asked Bulma, batting her eyelashes. 

 

He knew she had nice intentions, but Yamcha felt some irritation. It was like having a headache and having to think simultaneously. She had asked this for the tenth time, and her voice was slightly irking. 

If it weren’t for Gamer’s Mind, he would have likely said something he might have regretted. 

 

“No thanks, I am okay,” Yamcha pulled through once again and answered calmly. 

 

"You sure~" she smirked seductively, mushing her body closer to his.

 

"Yep, I am 100% sure," Yamcha nodded. "I just need some rest."

 

"Having a hot girl next to you would help, right?" Bulma whispered in his ear. Implying certain things that were what most would call sinful. 

 

"No, I don't think it would," he shook his head, looking around. "Though I don't know how it would feel. Since I have never had a hot girl do that for me."

 

Yamcha could have sworn he saw Bulma's soul escape her body when she heard that. 

 

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly, pulling out his secret technique 'Brain Dead Harem Protagonist', where he acts like he didn't notice obvious hints and basic social norms. It was an evolution of the ‘Beta Male Harem Protagonist Technique’ where he blushes and does nothing despite the girls throwing themselves at him. 

 

"Y -Yeah, I am perfectly fine." She answered meekly, bringing Yamcha away from his weird thoughts and weirder-named techniques. 

Yamcha noticed that Bulma looked like she was about to cry and felt a little bad, so he added. “Though I think cute girls like you are better than hot ones, as you’re easier to relax around.”

 

Her face lit up at the backhanded compliment, and Yamcha wished he was Goku right now. Who was watching Puar play some console game instead of dealing with a girl who had a crush on you and had the balls to be very forthcoming with her intentions.

 

As he leaned back on the RV couch and contemplated sleeping, Yamcha noticed they were in a forest without trees. Instead, it had tree-sized mushrooms. Which was very weird. Something he had never seen in his life before. 

 

Yamcha promised himself that when he became strong enough, he would go out there and explore this beautiful and amazing world. Earth probably had a lot more amazing stuff than just these things. 

 

 

After a couple of hours, they arrived at a town where Yamcha felt somewhat better. But still a little tired. It seemed like when your Ki went to zero, it was harder to regenerate. Normally he would have been at max Ki after hours had passed, but he only had five Ki in his tank. 

 

The town that they arrived in looked normal, albeit a little small. Yamcha didn’t remember this part or what was supposed to happen. 

 

“The place seems strangely quiet,” said Oolong as he looked around. The people were looking at them cautiously. They didn’t seem to fear the newcomers but were more worried about them.

 

Yamcha used Observe in a couple of the residents and saw that some Local Gang terrorized them, but it didn’t say the gang's name or anything more. 

 

He didn’t remember Goku fighting with any gang until the Red Ribbon Army Saga. But he didn’t exactly have the best memory of this part of the story. 

 

Bulma went to buy some new clothes while Yamcha kept his eyes open for a sneak attack. You could never be too cautious in a world like this. Unlike his spiky-haired friend, who stood by his side as Bulma entered the shop, Yamcha wasn’t bulletproof yet. 

 

“So, do you think we can spar again sometimes?” Goku asked, with a smile on his face, likely already bored by not doing anything for a couple of hours. 

 

He looked confident and had every right to be. Comparing power levels alone, Goku’s was higher than Yamcha’s. But Yamcha only smirked in response and nodded. “Sure, I am a little tired today, so we should wait a while. Maybe tomorrow?”

 

[New Quest: Defeat Goku for the Second Time]

 

[Defeat Goku for the Second Time]

[  Goku has asked you to fight him, and you have promised him a fight to protect your position as being stronger than him. If you lose, Goku is unlikely to ask you to fight again. But if you win again, Goku’s competitive spirit will be ignited. 

Rewards: 1500 Exp, Escape Rope (Legendary).]

 

Yamcha accepted the Quest. There wasn’t a time limit on the Quest, so he didn’t have to fight Goku any time soon.

***

 

After Bulma bought clothes, which were a little too revealing, consisting of hot pants and a crop top with a cowboy hat. She tried seducing Yamcha and this time… failed again. 

 

Recently she has been kinda waking up to the reality that she wasn’t as sexy as she thought. Sure, other boys would blush if she even winked at them, but they didn’t matter, and neither did their opinions. They were the unimportant masses. 

 

What mattered was Yamcha’s opinion. The more she tried approaching him, the closer she got… as a friend. She didn’t want to get close as friends!!

 

 

They went to the gas station to fill up the RV van, and during the whole fifteen-minute journey, Yamcha was more concentrated on getting a nap than looking at her. 

 

Aghhhh!! That was so annoying!! But no, Bulma still kept a polite smile on her face. Yamcha wasn’t someone she could act like a child and get angry at or punch when annoyed, she had to act prim and proper. But she wanted Yamcha to care what she looked like and send her a lustful glance once or twice! It was super frustrating when he behaved like he didn’t like her!

 

Suddenly, as she was contemplating her frustrations with Yamcha. Two people, a man, and a woman wearing dark clothes and weird rabbit ears, with riffles in their hands, approached Bulma and the rest of the group. 

 

The man was more looking toward Bulma. He looked like the typical guys she didn’t like, not manly and not handsome. 

 

“Hey there, baby, wanna come and have some fun?” Asked the man, with a gross smile on his face. The guy wasn't handsome and dressed like shit, so Bulma’s answer was quite obvious. 

 

“No, you look like a frog. Your mouth is too wide. I can see missing teeth and can smell you from a mile,” she answered simply while scrunching her nose in disgust. Her frustrations with Yamcha were slipping out at him, but he wasn’t handsome, so she didn’t care about his opinion too much. 

 

“W -What did you say?! You bitch!” Yelled out the man, but Bulma wasn’t scared. She had two monsters with her. 

 

She looked toward Yamcha and Goku… both were having a nap… wait… BOTH WERE HAVING A NAP!!!

 

Both of the fighters were just there sitting on the road and sleeping. Goku even had a bubble cooking out of his nose as he snored slightly. 

******

A/N: If you like the story, leave some hearts. It empowers me. Or you can go the usual blood sacrifice, either works.

 

P.S: My sister is on vacation, so this chapter was longer than usual, and I might post a second chapter today. (Keyword being might. Because I don’t wanna make promises I might not be able to keep.) 

 

Name: Yamcha

Age: 16

Title: Bandit

Level 3 [EXP: 74%]

 

HP: 50/50

MP: (locked)

Ki: 25/25

 

Strength: 10

Agility: 11

Endurance: 10

(Power Level: 10)

*

Intelligence: 5

Perception: 6 -> 7

Willpower: 7

(Magic Power: 5)

 

Status Points: 10

 

Description: Twice as strong as the average human. In general, still a weakling. 

 

***

Skills:

Kamehameha - Lvl 1/50 (New)

Wolf Fang Fist - Lvl 4/30

Ki Control - Lvl 1 -> 2/100

Ki Enhancement - Lvl 2/100

Observe - Lvl 3/100

Swordsmanship - Lvl 1/75

90