Chapter 18 – Bottle Cap
1.5k 9 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 It didn't take long for Yamcha to figure out who this spaceship belonged to. 

 

The Namekian style built made it quite obvious this was Kami's spaceship. The same one Bulma, Krillin, and Gohan used to go to Planet Namek in the Dragon Ball Z Saga.

 

Yamcha swallowed the cold air, his hand shook. He wanted to get in so bad. He remembered the password was just the word: Piccolo. This was an honest to god alien spacecraft. Okay, for this world it sounded underwhelming, but for him…

 

Maybe he should go in. What could change just from him going in there? Even if something changed, it wouldn't be that big. 

 

‘No, I can’t do that. Just Kami noticing him would be enough of a change. What if they get suspicious of something?’ Yamcha tried to convince himself. 

 

He held in such desires, despite how insistent they were. 

 

Resisting a cute girl's advances, Yamcha did that easily, but curiosity was a whole other matter. 

 

It was like knowing you could get away with being on your phone at work. You wouldn't get anything done, and it would hurt your productivity, ruining your future chances of promotion. But there was that temptation still there. 

 

"No, no, I must resist," Yamcha shook his head and turned around. 

 

Once the spaceship was out of his sight, he just walked off in the distance, deciding not to approach the alien vehicle for now since the temptation was too strong.

 

Having seen the spaceship gave him some new ideas. Maybe going to space before DBZ would be beneficial in many ways. But for now, he was too weak to even think about it. There was some merit to having the spaceship studied by Dr Brief.

 

A roar in the distance woke Yamcha up from his thoughts, and he saw a dinosaur as big as a mountain covered in ice and leering down at him. The creature was quite far away, but with a dozen steps from the creature, it would be here. 

 

Other dinosaurs and some saber tooth tigers were charging from behind the creature. 

 

“You must be the kind of these parts,” Yamcha stated. He didn’t know if the creature could head him through all this howling wind. 

 

Normally during fights like this, Yamcha would take off his weights. But right now, he didn’t need normal and cracked his neck. Some of his skills had reached Level 10, and he wanted to level those bad boys up.

 

 

So without shooting a beam or anything, Yamcha charged Ki around his body and jumped toward the army of monsters. The giant dinosaur swiped its tail toward and, for its size, the attack was quite fast and the range too big, so Yamcha couldn’t dodge and was hit head-on. 

 

The feeling of his organs shaking, and blood bubbling up his throat was something he had recently grown familiar with. Through this pain, he saw his HP drop dangerously below 40%, even though he had enhanced himself with Ki. 

 

“Yes, this is it! This feeling!” It wasn’t something you could get when working in an office job as he had in his past life. The boring movements of doing the same thing every day like a machine.

‘My eyes are open now, and I can see clearer than ever. Life is boring without a little danger. Modern life is too comfortable. Man and machine become the same. I don't want to just survive… I want to live in this amazing world!’

 

[Willpower increased by 1]

 

Ki burst out of Yamcha like a tidal wave as he flew faster than before and charged toward the giant creature like a bullet. 

 

[Flying Skill Leveled up to 2]

 

A month later, Yamcha stood atop a giant mountain of monster corpses. Due to the cold, the corpses hadn’t started rotting yet.

 

Yamcha’s clothes were long since gone, and he was covered in the dried blood of creatures and had a rough sabertooth belt as pants. Ever since the first day he came here, endless attacks of creatures had been coming at him. 

 

“Puar, this battle is finished,” he called out. 

 

Puar came out from being in the middle of the corpses, hiding and looking around cautiously. "Are you sure everything is gone? What about that extra big dinosaur?"

 

"I killed like ten of those," Yamcha waved his friend's worries away. 

 

As the creatures seemed always to find him, Yamcha was a little suspicious of what was happening. During this month, he hadn't even gotten a wink of sleep. 

 

He glanced at the spaceship that was quite a bit away. 

 

Yamcha understood the situation somewhat. This might seem like coincidence to someone else, and maybe it is. But Yamcha suspected that someone didn't want him close to that spaceship.

 

Maybe Kami was worried he would destroy the only relic the old Namekian had of his homeland? Since Kami or Popo couldn't intervene in worldly affairs, they had to use other creatures to stop him. 

'Well, I won't destroy or take the spaceship yet since it would be useless to me. But that's only a matter of time. Maybe I should contact Kami better and show him that it's all good. Or maybe that's a bad idea since he wouldn't be able to read my mind.

 

Yamcha didn't want to make enemies needlessly. Also, he liked how Kami (maybe?) had sent dinosaurs to attack him.

 

 Sadly, his stats have risen quite a bit, especially since his willpower was breaking through the thirties. 

 

Opening his Status Page, Yamcha saw that he had a Power Level of 113, which wasn't bad by Earth's standards, as during this month, he had been training every skill he had. He could also push that Power Level past 150 if he went all out with his skills. 

Yet he was worried about none of his skills going past level 10. 

 

Initially, he had thought there was some kind of bottleneck, but since he was fighting most of the time during these months, he was certain that none of his skills had yet risen to that level.

 

Yamcha sat atop the mountain of corpses and stayed cross-legged, like a Buddhist Monk. He felt the Ki in his body, something he had long since been able to sense. Yet, for some reason, his Ki Control hadn’t improved despite using the skill to shoot beams, control the Kamehameha, and many other things. 

 

Suddenly, Yamcha was reminded of a scene in Dragon Ball Super, with Krillin concentrating his Ki onto his fists, and he tried to do the same. It wasn’t that hard, but then Yamcha realized and tried to concentrate all of his Ki onto his right hand.

 

A bright light shined as a hazy white aura gathered around his fist. 

 

[Ki Control has Leveled Up to 11]

 

Yamcha ignored the notification and instead punched down, and immediately as he did so, he knew it was a bad idea. Because of all that gathered, Ki exploded, and his arm blew up. 

 

Yet, for some reason, despite his arm blowing up, Yamcha had only one thought in mind. 

 

‘That is a pretty strong punch.’

 

His second thought was to understand why he never saw such a move used in the original show because it was the equivalent of a Ki Beam exploding at their fingertips.

 

Yamcha took out a Senzu bean, something he hadn't used in a while. Could a Senzu Bean heal an arm blown up to smithereens? Yamcha’s guess was a no. But he didn't know for certain. In his case, this didn’t matter since the Senzu Bean healed his HP to the max, which meant he had a new arm. 

 

[WIllpower increased by 1]

 

“Puar, since there’s no strong enemy here, let’s swim back to the mainland,” Yamcha stated while flexing his new arm. It felt normal, but seeing his arm blow up was a new experience. 

 

“I just saw your arm blow up,” Puar noted. “Also, what do you mean by swimming? You can fly.”

 

Yamcha sighed and shook his head. “Puar, do you know why Goku can turn into a giant monkey?”

“No?”

“Well, there are some mysterious things in the world. I don’t question things a lot.” Yamcha shrugged nonchalantly as he took out a new pair of clothes from a capsule but then remembered he was covered in blood and needed to clean up before that. “Also, I am swimming through the ocean to take a cold shower and test if I can swim through the rough waves.”

 

Puar looked at him with a raised lip. “You’ve changed. From not being afraid of girls anymore to this.”

“You’ve also changed and learned the Sexy Jutsu-”

 

“Don’t call it that!” Puar intervened, but Yamcha continued as if he didn’t hear him. 

 

“You have changed too. Life is the period where everyone changes.” Yamcha reasoned while using a Ki Blast to blow up the mountain of corpses. “Whether it's opinions, ideals, knowledge, everything and everyone changes with time. For some, it takes longer than others.”

He wanted to avoid and gaslight who he was and where he came from. Since he had none of Yamcha's memories, he wasn't him. But that didn't mean he was ungrateful to the original for this life. That's why he took his name and will fix the miserable life the original Yamcha would have had.

'I also need to travel to the mainland. Use the Dragon Radar Bulma gave me, and get one dragon ball and put it in my inventory.'

 

Yamcha knew he had changed the story and would continue to make many more in the future. So he wanted the one dangerous thing on this planet, the Dragon Ball. He wanted them to be unable to be used without him knowing. 

 

He had already tested, and the Dragon Balls disappeared from the radar when in the inventory. 

 

Depending on how things developed, Yamaha might or might not use the Dragon Balls. But one thing was for sure. He would know every wish and who makes them from now on. 

*******

A/N: Even though the Dragon Balls have their limitations, they're still very dangerous in the wrong hands. 

 

P.S: Another chapter will come later today. (For me it is today, as for some people it might be too late. Posting this during lunch break.)

80