Chapter 47 – Space Troubles
1k 11 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Space was a vast place, and Yamcha was afraid he might not be able to even stumble on anything for a while. Even with their spaceship traveling at such speeds. 

 

In the anime, the technical details of things were always glossed over. Which made sense. It was an anime after all, not a science documentary about a world with different physics.  

 

It hadn't been even a couple of dozen minutes since they had set off into space. Yamcha was already thinking up plans like finding Yaddrat and all that.

 

Though planning it was easy, putting it into action was much harder. 

 

As a fanfic reader in his last life, Yamcha had read stories where the main character (usually born a Saiyan) would go to Yadrat by just typing some coordinates in. 

 

But they forgot one thing… where the fuck is Yadrat? No, not as in this way or that way, but the exact coordinates. Where the hell is the planet? Yamcha had no idea, and the records on Goku's spaceship hadn't shown anything either. This could mean one or two things: Yardat wasn't discovered at Goku's time, which was very plausible, and second, it might not be discovered until the damn start of the series when the Ginyu Force was about to be sent there. Maybe both?

 

Frieza Force, who had millions, maybe even billions of people who 100% concentrated on finding planets and conquering them. Thinking that he could find such a thing by luck alone would be delusional and a waste of time. 

 

To take his mind off such things, Yamcha went to the gravity room and cranked it up to 10x gravity immediately. If Goku, at a Power Level below 1000, could handle King Kai's planet, so would he.

 

But immediately as he thought that, Yamcha's body plummeted to the ground. His hair felt heavy, pushing down on his head. Even as his blood flow felt constructed as if his vessels were about to burst off, he raised his hand, and it shook uncontrollably. 

 

Just by standing and doing nothing, with the increase in gravity, Yamcha's heart was beating like a drum to try and move blood through him. “How the hell did Goku make this look so easy?”

 

He got up, and his blood went to his feet. His heart started beating even harder, and Yamcha was sure that if he had been someone else, he would have had a heart attack. This kind of training wasn’t made for humans. 

 

If a human trained at 100x gravity, their heart might explode just trying to move the blood. Was this why the humans in DBZ never did gravity training? It was easy to forget, but Saiyans are aliens whose home world had 10x the gravity, they were used to that and evolved with it. Their bodies naturally shrug off bullets like they’re nothing. They become stronger the more they’re beaten down, so gravity training perfectly matches them.

 

In the anime, such things might have been just an oversight of the author. But when taken into account in reality, they’re given reason. Human internal organs weren’t made to handle intense training over long periods. 

 

‘Seems like I don’t know as much as I thought I did about the world.’ Others would be afraid of their knowledge not being accurate, but Yamcha was happy instead.

Three days passed, and time in space was surprisingly boring. Yamcha spent most of it training while Bulma read some romance books. How did Yamcha know she was reading romance books? Well, respecting the privacy of other people was never his highest priority. Also… space was dull. 

 

These random thoughts passed through his mind as Yamcha did pushups in 60x gravity. His bones were creaking like old doors, and his veins felt like they would burst. Even moving a finger was difficult, but Yamcha continued doing pushups like a madman. 

 

He had burst a couple of vessels every now and then, but a Senzu Bean or two a day makes problems like that go away. 

 

Though he didn't have that Zenkai Boost the Saiyans had, his progress hadn't been little either. 

 

He had increased his power level in just three days from 1500 to 20,000. With Senzu Beans, and Gamer's Body taking care of the need to sleep, Yamcha trained almost nonstop. 

 

Even eating had mostly become secondary to him. He didn't really need to eat, and he just ate to enjoy the food and not give away to Bulma that he could live without food. 

 

[Warning: The User's Health is below 20%]

 

As soon as that notification came, Yamcha took out a Senzu Bean and popped it in his mouth like a mint. During these days, he wasn't worried about training his skills at all and concentrated fully on raising physical might. 

 

Break and repeat, whether a Saiyan or Human, as long as they had a shit ton of Senzu Beans like he did, they would be able to enjoy this kind of training. 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Suddenly, an angry alarm rang through the spaceship. Yamcha immediately got up, which caused his body to rock a little and some of his organs to move around a little weirdly, but another Senzu Bean fixed the strange sensation, and he turned off the gravity machine.

 

Going to the control room, Bulma was talking with someone on the computer. "I don't know who this Frieza guy is. But we're just passing through."

 

"You're in Lord Frieza's territory with an unauthorized ship," the man on the screen, some weird alien featherless bird humanoid, said. "Step down or be destroyed."

 

Though they asked for unconditional surrender, Yamcha noticed they were turning something that looked similar to a cannon toward them. "Bulma, there's no need to talk to them anymore. They've already made up their minds."

 

He pointed at the canons, and Bulma's body shook. Her eyes widened in fear. It seemed like she was ready to cry. 

 

Yamcha put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Take a deep breath, and don't worry about it."

 

The last thing he wanted was to have the genius panic and not be able to think straight in a situation like this. 

 

Yamcha walked toward the window and pushed on the window, turning it into a ripple-like water as his hand snuck through. He immediately winced as pain assaulted his arm. The blood in his arm boiled and was freezing to feel like burning. But with his Solid Swimming, any of the oxygen on the ship escaped.

 

He shot a beam from his hand toward Frieza Forces’ ship. There wasn't even an ounce of hesitation within Yamcha as he saw through his Observe Skill that they were charging the cannons. He wasn't going to let them do that.

 

The enemy ship was this and tried moving. But it was too late, as a part of their spaceship blew up in a huge explosion. 

 

Booom!

 

The ship still had some cannons left, and they counter-attacked instead of backing away or trying to run.

 

"These guys have some balls," Yamcha complimented them. They might be Frieza soldier mooks, who he wouldn't bother even learning their names, but that didn't mean he wasn't impressed by their tenacity. 

 

As the laser beams approached their ship, Yamcha used Barrier Magic and formed a translucent shield around the ship. 

 

There was no way he would let anyone destroy his gravity room. Yamcha took his arm back in, and the whole limb had turned red as if it was scorched in hot water. Though strangely, his hand was actually cold, contrary to its looks. 

 

Yamcha decided to ask Bulma about the science of this later, and instead concentrated on the matter at hand. 

 

Suddenly, their ship started shaking.

 

"What's wrong with the ship?" Yamcha asked her hurriedly. 

 

But she sent him a confused look, and her eyes were filled with fear… she didn't know either. "I -I there's some shaking. Like some strange force has gotten hold of our ship!"

 

‘Some kind of telekinesis? I can’t stop something like that without killing the user that was likely on the other ship.’ 

 

From the corner of his eye, Yamcha noticed something more worrying than a telekinesis user. 

 

Huge mounds of rock and metal were spiraling toward them.

 

"An asteroid shower?! How did it come here? There were no signals before this!" Bulma looked confused and terrified.

 

Yamcha assumed this had something to do with the Telekinetic user.

 

The space rocks slammed into his shields, creating large cracks, which Yamcha tried repairing. At the same time, asteroids smashed into the enemy ship too. Unlike him, they didn't have magical shields. 

 

But Yamcha didn't have time to celebrate his enemy's destruction as asteroids kept rocking onto the shields and creating cracks faster than he could fix.  

 

Barrier Magic worked on simple principles. The more Magic Power and the smaller the shield, the stronger it would be. Despite his Barrier Magic being stronger than most, Yamcha couldn't hold long until it started cracking deeper and not long after breaking apart, leaving their spaceship at the mercy of asteroids.

 

 

*******

A/N: This is the last chapter for the day. See you all tomorrow and I hope you have an amazing day.

 

51