Chapter 56 – Cereal’s History
864 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: If you wanna read 10 chapters in advance, check out my Patreon. patreon.com/bucketofshirts)

Yamcha was quite happy, as Granolah tried to hit him and failed every time. 

 

The kid had potential; even if he could never break through his limits but still reached 40 million, that would be enough. Learning a move like Kaioken, he would curb stomp Frieza in the Namek Saga. 

 

Reaching such a high level would be difficult, but if Granolah joined him, Yamcha was confident the red-eye alien youngster would become much stronger than working with the Heeters. 

 

With his Observe Skill, Yamcha knew a lot of backstory from Granolah that even the teen didn't know. For example, how a Saiyan had spared him and his mother. It was a nice thing for a Saiyan to do, which was very uncharacteristic of them. 

 

Yamcha didn't remember Granolah from the Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Super anime.  

 

But he was confident Granolah must have been some kind of future antagonist or at least a side character. With a background like that, the chances of him not being some kind of main character were slim to none. 

 

"Since you hate Frieza, and I hate Frieza, how about we join hands?" Yamcha offered after kneeing Granolah in the stomach, making the youngster crumble to the ground. "Think about this calmly. I would be a good addition to our team. We will take out Frieza's power points first   and his closest commanders before instantly cornering the tyrant and dealing a hard blow."

 

Though he hadn't worked as a salesperson in years, Yamcha remembered the basics. Don't sell the boring present; sell the exciting future. 

 

Granolah clenched his hands and stopped attacking. The teen glanced at Yamcha's midsection, confirming he didn't have a tail.

 

There was an instinct to kick the youngster in the face to teach him a lesson about looking away from an enemy. But Yamcha felt like that wouldn't be a good idea to do twice to a future comrade.

 

"If you eliminate the Sugarians, then I will join you," Granolah said through clenched teeth. He still seemed angry, but likely understood by now attacking his opponent was useless. 

 

Yamcha thought for a second. It wouldn't be hard to wipe out the Sugarians. They weren't too strong. It was a logical decision to go along with that when compared to the benefits. "Sorry, kid. But I think the Sugarians look cute. Have you seen one running around in their little uniform? Also, they weren't the ones who wiped out your race."

 

If Grenolah were like Batman, then it would be the equivalent of Batman not going after the criminals but instead just beating up anyone who walked down Crime Alley, where his parents were killed. 

 

"Then no deal," Granolah got up and walked off.

 

Yamcha shook his head, disappointed. They could have been great together. 

 

"Well, I thought it would be better working with me than the Heeters who sold your planet to the Sugarians. But I guess everyone has their reasons," Yamcha dropped his bait and formed a barrier around himself, ready to fly off to planet Cereal. 

 

'Three, two, one-'

 

"What do you mean by that?!" Granolah turned to look with shock in his eyes.

 

Yamcha only smiled and burst off into space. If Granolah had questions, then he had to be the one to find him now.

 

..

 

He returned to where he had been trying the sweets, swam through the bathroom walls with Solid Swimming, and returned to the table. 

 

He sat down on his seat. His pudding with lightning inside had melted a bit. Yamcha tried it, and it felt like eating a small electric shock. Interesting feeling, but not something delicious. No wonder Beerus spared Earth; alien food sucked. 

 

"You were in there for quite a long time," said the Sugarian police officer.

 

Yamcha shrugged. "Humans take a long time in the bathroom. Just an alien thing."

 

Bulma looked at him weirdly, and he glanced at her with a face that said: Play along. 

 

She coughed, to his a chuckle.

 

He was more concerned with Granolah, who he could sense moving about on the planet they had spared on. "Bulma, use the credits in your account to get a good hotel. I won't be back today."

 

She looked at him for a couple of seconds and then shrugged. 

 

Yamcha only smiled reassuringly. They were both beyond a point in their relationship where they thought the other would cheat. 

 

Surviving an asteroid shower and working together to escape a lifeless planet always created the strongest relationships. 

 

When he was out of the restaurant, Yamcha sensed Granolah had already arrived on the planet. Except he was flying around like a headless chicken.

 

'Right, not everyone can sense someone's power.' 

 

Sometimes it was easy to forget how fighters in space couldn't even do what on earth was considered basics. With Kami around, Yamcha had no doubt that the Z Fighters had learned Ki Sensing by now.

 

It was kind of silly when he thought about it. With all this power, the alien species usually had compared to the average human fighter. Yet they couldn't use the most basic techniques. 

 

Yamcha flew and intercepted Granolah while he was flying around. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds of silence. 

 

Yamcha was relaxed. At the same time, the alien teen jittered around, afraid of what he would find out. 

 

"What did you mean by Heeters selling planet Cereal?" Granolah seemed angry. Whether at the Heeters or himself, it wasn’t clear.

 

"My words don't mean anything without facts. Do you have anyone who raised you? Or any elder who also survived the Cereal Massacre." Yamcha inquired. He already knew the answer. 

 

"Yes. Follow me," he flew off. 

 

They arrived at the cliff on the outskirts of the town Yamcha had been in with Bulma and the Sugarian police officer. 

 

A withered Namekian walked out of a small hut. 

 

'Holy shit! He looks so much like Kami! Even the walking staff is there to add to the image.'

 

"Monaito, tell me the truth. Were the Heeters involved in the execution of my people?!" Granolah shouted out the question.

 

"I don't know," the old Namekian answered with widened eyes. Even a fool could tell there was something the old man didn't want to say. 

 

Why was Monaito hiding something like this? Yamcha frowned.

 

Putting himself in the Namekian's shoes, he tried to understand why would the old man do something like this. The answer became plainly obvious.

 

'He doesn't want Granolah to get hurt in a senseless battle for revenge. The Heeters probably aren't weak. Also, Frieza was a dangerous man to cross.' 

 

Understanding that, Yamcha knew he now just needed to change the Namekian's mind. 

 

"He will go down the wrong path of revenge if you hide what really happened," Yamcha got closer to the old Namekian.  "At this rate, he will go down the road of killing the Sugarians, who didn't have any kind of involvement. They just bought what they thought was a cheap planet for their species to live on."

 

"What?! Slaughter the Sugarians! Granolah would never do that!" The Namekian refuted.

 

"You think he won't? As far as he knows, the Sugarians didn't kill anyone, but they still paid for their parent's deaths." Yamcha explained, trying to make the old Namekian see things from Granolah's perspective. "Tell him what happened. When everyone he loved was killed, you should at least ensure he doesn't direct his hate the wrong way."

 

Monaito looked down, with a bead of sweat rolling down his face. He seemed to be calculating what to say, but in the end, he decided quickly. "Before telling you the story of what happened, you will need to learn what my role and the other Namekian's role was before everything went to hell."

"Before the Cerelian Massacre, I and other Namekians lived in peace with the Cerealians on their home planet. One day the Saiyans invaded, wiping out all the Namekians save for me. I was given the two objects of great power to look after and fled to the mountains for safety, suppressing my power to stay hidden.

 

"But I was still picked up by a Sayan named Bardock who tracked me down to my house, bringing along you, Granolah," Monaito looked at the teen with a loving look. 

 

'Bardock?!' Yamcha's body shook. But he tried not to show that outwardly and listened to the rest of the story. 

 

"And with you be also brought your mother, Muezli, for protection. When Bardock entered the house, I took a swing at him though I was easily thwarted. When Muezli asked me for shelter, I happily complied.

 

"At night, whilst healing Bardock's injury," he grimaced at that, and Yamcha reasoned the old Namekian didn't want Granolah to ask where the Saiyan had gotten the injury from. "I spotted the Heeters talking about their plans to sell the planet to the Sugarians and usurp Frieza one day.

 

"Unfortunately, you awakened and upon seeing Bardock you screamed in terror, alerting the Heeters of our presence. I used a Kiai to put you to sleep and before the Heeters approached, Bardock put on a ploy pretending to have captured you, your mother, and me. However, one of the Heeters named Elec killed Muezli and Bardock created an opening for us to escape. I attempted to use my healing powers to save Muezli but my powers were not strong enough to be able to.

"Elec sent a youngster Heeter named Gas to kill the witnesses and Gas battled with Bardock for real this time though I urged the Saiyan to run away. He had already done more than enough for us. But Bardock refused, so I returned home and used the powerful items to summon Toronbo in an attempt to have the dragon send Bardock back to his home planet, yet the Saiyan refused to leave. On Bardock's request, I instead wished for Bardock's sons to thrive. I went back to the battle where I saved Bardock's life by intercepting one of Gas's attacks and then was subsequently knocked out by the enraged Heeter.

 

"Sometime later, after Bardock defeated Gas, I came around and made my way over to Bardock where he congratulated him on his victory."

 

Yamcha was awed by the story. His Observe Skill hadn't shown him anything this… detailed. 

 

He had noticed the old Namekian was hiding certain parts of the story. Like the part where he talked about the objects his people had put in his care. 

 

Taking out the dragon radar from his inventory, Yamcha turned it on and the radar beeped. 

 

'Yep, as I suspected. There are Dragon Balls on this planet.'

*********

A/N: By the way, the story Monaito said was completely canon. Dragon Ball Super Manga. Of course, everyone is weaker than they were during DBS.

38