Chapter 58 – I Know Magic
694 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The space was beautiful. There were green, gray, and red planets. Some strange space rocks and what he assumed was a statue of a naked alien floating through space. 

 

He wasn't as fast as a spaceship flying through space. But Yamcha was fast enough to find the Heeter's base within half an hour. 

 

Their base was an Arabian castle-like object built atop an asteroid. With an opening in the middle of the asteroid whose function Yamcha could only guess was a landing strip. 

 

A couple of cannons were built around the asteroid, but not enough to thwart any real enemy. This made it clear that this place's owners didn't think they needed weapons like that. 

 

Yamcha flew down to the entrance and canceled his barrier. He wondered how they kept oxygen around an asteroid. "They might be scumbags, but their base is cool."

 

Walking around, there weren't any guards in sight. Yamcha followed the main hallway, which seemed to lead somewhere important. 

 

"Who are you?" A voice came from above. It was a fat man with blue lips and lacking eyebrows. He had cyan dark circles under his eyes, short purple hair, and pointy ears.  The man wore a wide red jack, similar colored bracelets, and white pants. 

[Oil - Lvl 129] (Power Level: 20,000)

"So you're a Heeter? Well, I gotta kill a couple of you." Yamcha stared at him calmly as if talking about the weather. 

 

Oil frowned, his nostrils flaring. "You must be a fool then!"

 

The fat alien rushed Yamcha, and he was quick for his size. But Yamcha was faster. He kicked the alien on the chin. 

 

Oil smashed into the wall and slumped down. The big alien’s eyes started shaking before his gaze grew sharper. 

 

“I commend you for your bravery, at least,” Yamcha pointed his palm at Oil and got ready to erase the man from existence. But had to stop as he crouched down, and a swing of claws made out of Ki went overhead. 

 

'If I hadn’t moved, that attack would have decapitated me.' Yamcha commended their ruthlessness. With all the aliens he had fought until now, most were obsessed with power levels and arrogant. 

 

“Damn it,” the new attacker swore. She was a young girl with purple hair, darker purple lipstick, light blue skin, dark blue eyes, and pointy ears. “Oil, be careful, I didn’t make any sound, but this guy reacted as if he had eyes behind his head.”

 

[Macki - Lvl 137] (Power Level: 23,000)

 

“Eyes behind my head? That’s a little bit of an exaggeration, little missy,” Yamcha knew she was much older than she looked, over fifty years old. But age was a sensitive subject for most women, so he decided not to mention it. 

 

He would kill them, but that didn’t mean he had to be a dick about it. “Also, I suggest you go all out; otherwise, you stand no chance of winning against me.”

 

Yamcha hadn’t had to use his full power since he finished gravity training, and he wanted to flex his muscles a little and get used to the power of fighting someone at his level or preferably stronger. 

 

“Macki, back off. This guy is dangerous!” Oil got in front of him and charged up, creating a thin mist of Ki around himself. 

 

He was already big, but he grew bigger, with his muscle mass increasing tremendously, his eyes going blank, his incisors teeth growing to become fangs, and horns hanging down from his temples. 

 

The alien girl backed off cautiously and hid from her brother’s sight, which showed Yamcha that he likely couldn’t distinguish friend from foe in this form.

 

(Power Level: 20,000 -> 160,000)

 

“That’s quite the nice power boost you got there,” Yamcha whistled. He was impressed. With an 8x power boost, the guy had gone from being a scrub to posing a danger. 

 

Though Yamcha also noticed there were many problems with the form, the Ki moved erratically within their bodies, and he doubted whether they could even form Ki beams in this state. 

 

‘It’s like a knockoff and weaker version of the Saiyan's great ape form.’ Yamcha concluded. 

 

“Arrgrhhhh!!!” The man charged like a beast. His body had grown bigger, but his speed had also increased. 

 

Within the blink of an eye, Oil’s raging fist was in front of Yamcha. 

 

He barely had enough time to tilt his head to the side and dodge the attack. Even then, his cheek was grazed. Yamcha concentrated all the Ki from his body to his palm, giving Oil a blow to the belly. 

 

The beastly alien went flying and smashed into one of the walls. He got up almost immediately since the difference between Yamcha’s power and his was at such a stage that normal attacks won’t work. 

 

Oil attempted to walk, but his body buckled, and he fell to the ground, coughing out blood. While outwardly, he might look okay, his internal organs weren’t doing so well after the hit Yamcha gave them. 

 

This was Tao’s pressure point attack martial arts, and Yamcha hadn’t been sure how well it would work against a berserker alien. It did much better than he expected. If Oil had some sense, he wouldn’t have exposed his vitals so easily. 

 

“A method that releases a restraint point in the brain that allows the user to acquire the strength of their hereditary instincts,” Yamcha explained out loud. The yelp of surprise from the girl was enough of a confirmation of his theory. 

 

While the Saiyans needed the moon to use a similar technique, and their big bodies made for easy targets, Yamcha didn’t think he would have been able to pressure point attack any of the Saiyans' giant organs when in their great ape form. 

 

‘Also, the other girl is letting her decision-making be ruled by fear. If she had attacked me when I was hitting her brother’s pressure points, whether I wanted it or not, I would have left myself defenseless for a second.’

 

Since coming to space, Yamcha had seen impressive powers which earthlings could never even dream of. But all the aliens he saw so far had trash martial arts and fighting skills. Maybe that's what happened when you had them concentrating more on numbers and power levels.

 

Impressively, Oil got up and walked two more steps toward him before Yamcha appeared in front of him and delivered an elbow to the man's throat, knocking him out. 

 

The difference in power level had been huge, but a mindless opponent was easier to handle than someone of the same level but with a clear mind. 

 

Fwish!

 

Yamcha activated his barrier on instinct, but even then, it was too late as a berserk mode Macki slashed her Ki claws at his chest, cutting through his barrier and ribs in one fellow swoop. 

 

"Shit," Yamcha jumped back, but Macki gave chase like a mad dog. She punched, and he blocked and broke his arm. The bone poked out of his arm, and the feeling of pain traveled up his arm, but Yamcha didn’t let the ache distract him. Her other hand came with Ki claws and almost ripped his arm off.

 

'Why haven't the other two siblings appeared even though we have caused quite the ruckus?' Yamcha thought, setting his bone straight and eating a Senzu Bean. "Hey, do you mind telling me where the rest of your siblings are?"

 

"Ghaaarr!!" The answer he got was an angry roar that belonged to a cat who wanted to rip his face off. 

 

The battle grew more intense as it continued, and even though he rarely got the upper hand during the fight, Yamcha was learning to control his power.

 

His physical stats were also increasing rapidly as if all the fatigue in his muscles he had accumulated from the gravity chamber was all released. 

 

It didn't take long for Yamcha to take the advantage in technique alone. 

 

He hit a pressure point in her shoulder and dislocated the limb, making the arm useless. 

 

Normally anyone with basic knowledge and power would have been able to put the shoulder back in its socket, but she wasn't in the right mindset to do that. 

 

But the annoying thing about dealing with berserkers was that they don't hesitate even after a horrific injury, which would have caused a normally rational person to freeze. Yamcha suffered a point-blank mouth beam from berserk Macki.

 

He slammed through the asteroid and exited on the other side. Macki gave chase like a lioness about to eat her weakened prey. 

 

Seeing beer charging with such gusto, Yamcha kept his eyes peeled. 

 

When she was almost at arm's length, he used a Magic Ability he hadn't had to use in a while. 

 

'Magic Materialization'

 

A spear appeared in Yamcha's hands, and Macki couldn't stop her momentum and skewered straight through her stomach. 

37