Chapter 61 – Affair
809 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: If you wanna read 10 chapters in advance, check out my Patreon. patreon.com/bucketofshirts)

Winning against a stronger opponent who could kill you in one good hit felt strange. During the fight, Yamcha never worried, he kept calm during the battle, but now he had the chance to think things through. 

 

The fight had been dangerous. One wrong move, and Yamcha would have died. 

 

Panicking about this now, after the fight was over, was useless too. Kind of like blaming yourself repeatedly for a mistake. Only blame yourself once, and then move on. Any more than that, and it's a waste of time.

 

Yamcha destroyed Gas' corpse by shooting a Ki blast at it. 

 

Knowing how Dr Gero created creatures like Cell, the last thing Yamcha wanted was to create space's equivalent of that. 

 

Yamcha knew his actions might one day bite him in the ass. But that didn't mean he wouldn't try his best to ensure they didn't. When he was a kid, Goku killed some Red Ribbon army guys, and one of the guy's fathers created the strongest mortal being in the universe at the time.

 

Yamcha then flew off with the barrier around him, and once he was far enough, he turned toward the direction where the Heeter's asteroid was and shot out a Ki burst. Even from here, he sensed the asteroid blowing up and killing the Heeters there. 

 

Going back to planet Cereal, a healed-up Granolah waited for him with an apologetic look on his face. Yamcha smiled at the youngster. "After all that talk and couldn't beat even one guy?"

 

"Thank you, and sorry for all the problems I have caused you!" Granolah bowed down to his waist. "I will weaken Frieza's power and save planets that will be conquered."

 

"So you aren't going to join me?" Yamcha asked. He wasn't too worried about it and just wanted to put the youngster on the spot. It would be a shame if Granolah died somewhere in a ditch, but that's how life was sometimes. "Just be careful, and don't die too early on me. Before we take Frieza down, you're not allowed to perish."

 

Granolah nodded. "Yes, and you can call me if you need help."

 

"Don't let revenge make you do stupid or reckless things," Yamcha warned him as they walked together toward Monaito's place. 

***

 

Milly was a fourteen-year-old girl who grew up in a small town. A place that used to be terrorized by a monster known as Crazy Carrot. Some say he was a gangster too. 

 

She didn't know what Carrot had been, though he certainly didn’t look like a human. But she remembered one thing very clearly, despite how many years had passed. The same man who won two World Martial Arts Tournaments in a row had saved her mother. 

 

"You're not going on any journey. You have school," that same mother stopped Milly from chasing her dream.

 

"But mom~, he is the one who saved you. Yamcha of the rumored Wolf Fang Fist. He also has mysteriously disappeared for a while and hasn't been seen in public!" Milly whined. Usually, her mother would go along with her when she did that.

 

"No," but this time, mother was very resolute in the matter. "You still have school."

 

"It's summer break. Just a small journey, and I will find this rumored Martial Arts School, then I can learn from the strongest in the world!" 

 

Her mother's disapproving stare was enough of an answer, so with her shoulders down, Milly had to go to her room before she was grounded again. 

 

But as she went to her room, she stared out the window and saw the beautiful sunset, and her heart filled with adventure blazed again. 

 

She remembered the man who had saved her mother’s and her life and wanted to be like him. A hero who stood against unwinning odds and hurricanes without flinching. Coming on top through pure preservation and willpower. 

 

There were still recordings online where he had stopped nuclear missiles with a barrier during the Tenkaichi Budokai. There were rumors of him even defeating the world’s best assassin in the tournament before that one. 

 

‘I want to be like that, and every adventure starts with a brave decision. I’m sure Yamcha isn’t afraid of anything, and he took all the risks!’ She thought while jumping out of her house’s second-floor window and landing on her feet. Milly had trained in martial arts for years and was stronger than most. 

 

She also made sure to leave her mom a letter saying she would be okay. 

 

Milly then walked around town sneakily as it was getting dark. She knew every story in town about Yamcha and what he had done when here. So she sneaked and ran off toward the direction he had gone after defeating Carrot’s gang and leaving a couple of them who still worked on the farms around here. 

 

With the darkness around her, as if waiting for her and getting darker, she decided to run toward her next destination. 

 

‘I’m not scared of the dark! I’m a brave warrior!’ She was simply running because she needed more training. Yes! That’s what it was!

 

 

It took hours, and the moon was in the middle of the sky by the time she reached something more than the mushroom forest. 

 

The place was a destroyed castle with what looked like a big monkey’s footprint on the ground, which was now covered with grass.

 

“What happened here?” She looked around, but there weren't any direct indications. Also, it was kind of scary to be around a destroyed castle. What if it was haunted?

 

She kept running around, a little lost by now, and next, she ended up in a destroyed mountain with a village around it. Milly searched around and found a street vendor. She had read in novels that merchants who traveled around were the best source of information. “What happened to that mountain?”

 

“You must be new around here,” the brutish-looking street vendor with thick arms, smiled. “That mountain used to be on fire, but it was destroyed by the Turtle Hermit using his legendary Kamehameha Wave.” 

 

She wasn't interested in it, if it had nothing to do with Yamcha. Milly knew that Yamcha could at least break two mountains, which was more than whoever this Turtle Hermit was. 

 

Though she had never seen Yamcha do that, she still believed he was the strongest. 

 

“Do you know anything about the Wolf Fang Fist?” Milly asked the vendor. 

 

“Oh, you must be one of those youngsters who heard about the secret school. Most say it doesn't even exist.”

 

“What?! But they have won a lot of tournaments!” Milly refuted that. She was sure the Wolf Fang Fist School was real since Yamcha had created it, and they used the same techniques as him, and she wanted to learn it!

 

The vendor shrugged. “I have seen many people who were at the latest Tenkaichi Budokai feverishly go and search for the place. Rumors say they found it. But let me give you some piece, young girl, don’t go looking for fairy tales. Those youngsters died in freak accidents and disappeared, and I’m sure all those things you saw on TV were special effects. Don’t waste your life chasing something not real.”

 

Milly didn’t bother listening to him anymore. While others might have doubts about special powers, and what Yamcha did on TV might be just special effects. She wasn’t like the others as she had grown up with a humanoid rabbit who could turn people into carrots terrorizing her town. 

 

Walking around the village, she stumbled on a small bookshop and entered it. Inside was a young girl about her age, maybe a little older, managing the shop. “Hello, what can I get you?”

 

Milly wanted to ask the bookstore girl about the Wolf Fang Fist School. But she wasn’t stupid and knew that to get the information she needed to buy something from here. Looking around, she saw a sign which said Adult Books. She was an adult, so she’s obviously going to get some. 

 

Looking around, she found a book titled ‘The Wolf’s Forbidden Fruit’, which she chose because it had the word wolf in it. After coming to the register, the cashier girl looked at her weirdly. “Are you sure you want to get this?”

“Of course,” Milly puffed up her chest with confidence. She had heard that confidence was key when doing something. Handing the cashier some money she had saved over the years, Milly finally got to the crux of the situation and asked. “By the way, have you heard of the Wolf Fang School?”

 

The cashier girl shrugged and pointed north. “I don’t know what that is. But if you want to find something, you should go to a place called Baba’s Fortune.”

She handed Milly a flier, which showed a pink-haired granny with her hands over a crystal ball. 

 

“A fortune teller? That sounds like an amazing idea! Where do I find her?”

“Just take the plane to a place close to Yahoo Jungle and ask around there. A friend who used to live here went there to ask where she would meet the love of her life, who had promised he would marry her when they grew older. She’s kind of pissed off about that.” The girl over the counter shrugged. 

 

Milly didn’t care about the love lives of other people. She opened a small map and looked at Yahoo Jungle, which was on the other side of the sea. She sighed, and it seemed like she would have to take a boat… No! Yamcha would probably swim through the sea! So she’s going to be like him one day! How could she back off from such a challenge!

 

She walked out of the shop and town, charging toward the seashores. Milly was a bit tired from all the running she had done all night. But while walking, she was bored and decided to read the book she had bought. She was an avid reader, though they were mostly fighting Manga. 

 

On the first page of the book, it was a short summary of what the book was about. 

 

‘The older sister, Sights, had a secret affair with Chaamy, who was her sister’s crush. He would later go on to become Lulma’s lover. Sights and Lulma were sisters.’ Milly summarizes the summary. “That sounds boring.”

*********

A/N: If you read this story once and then re-read it again after some things are revealed. With the context, the story is different. 

35