Chapter 114 – Short battle and Hello
695 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Noah's skill 'He who hears the call' reacted to Samantha's inner thoughts of him, Noah was sucked into his mind realm where the first thing he saw was the white screen of 'Comment Section'. On the screen, the last post that ended the comment 'Wave of pain' was a picture placed there by the same wicked person that made everyone suffer from seeing all those atrocious pictures. His last picture was of a black bald man in circular sunglasses with lenses like mirrors, sitting on a red armchair in the middle of a ruined world with his hands spread to the sides and a sentence of green words above him.

"Welcome to the real world." Said the sentence on the picture as if mocking everyone that looked at it.

"You son of a….!" Started to say Noah but the next moment the world whirled around him, taking him away from the landscape of his mind realm with tremendous speed, transferring him to the caller. 

It was his first time being called by a person who was not dreaming and being conscious enough to witness the process. The last time this worked he was called by Priscilla and he was possessed by the Nightmare while having an out-of-body experience, hiding in Lina's dream world. This time his experience was full. 

The interesting thing was that he did not get immediately transferred to that place as he thought he would. What happened instead, as he understood, is only his mind transferring to the place he was called to… or was it connecting?

What it looked like was similar to what people imagine about ghosts or out-of-body experience. He was floating above Samantha without anyone noticing his presence, while he could witness and hear everything. He could not see his body or feel his limbs, however, he kept the ability of control to his actions. As if turning his head, he looked around and saw what was happening on that end of the connection. 

Just one moment was enough for him to assess the situation. The moment he saw the werewolf attack Samantha, something welled inside him. Deep anger, feelings of possessiveness, and a very, very strong feeling of domination. It was hard to describe, but that was the word he wanted to use. In the corner of his mind, he remembered that he still did not deactivate his domination skill, which he just used on Nosferatu Duchess. But this was just a fleeting thought with no concern to him at the moment. What did concern him, however, is the dirty dog harming what was his. Daring to bare its fangs at what he owned. At the thought of that Noah willed himself to appear.

And that's what he did. In the spot that he was floating at just a moment ago a pitch-black ball suddenly appeared out of void space and with a shiver it morphed into the humongous form of his Transformed body.

In the corner of his eyes, he saw the sword that flew out of Samantha's hands and grabbed it while falling. Turning it with a quick motion in hand he threw it full force down at the mutt that dared to touch his woman. Then he slammed that dog with his full weight punching into the sword to nail it on the ground together with the werewolf that it pierced into.

When he stood back up he fleetingly gazed into Samantha's shocked eyes and then jerked the sword out of the werewolf's body throwing it to the side with such force it painted a blurry line in the air before piercing through the man that froze in shock at Samantha's side. Sword pierced his torso coming out of his back and slammed the warrior's chest with a Quillon of the hand guard so hard that he was lifted from his feet and thrown back for a few meters.

While Noah was falling at the werewolf he noticed Samantha's friend and the mage in their team that was standing behind her, falling to the ground from a hit from one of the assaulters. Even before Noah stood back up to his feet, a battle golem appeared in front of that man, standing over the fallen woman. Before that man could even understand what happened he was bisected by a line of shimmering energy beam that protruded from the golem's hand. Before his body even slid off his lower now separate part, golem stretched out his other hand toward the second man. 

The man that Kate fended off with her magic shield barely reacted when the loud *WHOOP* sound echoed in the forest pulverizing a large hole in his chest.

At the same moment that the shot of the golem's weapon sounded the second man that rushed at Samantha from the side, following the werewolf and the man that just died from a thrown sword, received a beam of black energy directly in the face and dropped dead with half his head evaporated.

That all happened in just a few seconds, shocking everyone around them. Before they started to move, Noah already bent down grabbing the werewolf by the jaws and lifting his head, while pulling his jaws apart. The metal hand of a golem slammed into his opened maw reaching his throat and with another *whoop* sound, the head of a werewolf separated from his shoulders, with his entire neck and a good part of the head splattering in all directions.

Four other men jumped forward with their short swords at the ready while two more men and two Tariaksuq stood back starting to prepare their spells. However the closer the four men got to the huge vicious monster and the battle golem that came out of nowhere the more they felt some kind of pressure. It pierced into their minds as if pressing at their brains to make them bow down and gripped at their hearts making their movements constricted and sluggish.

The first man that reached Noah was met with a blinding white flash that disoriented him for a second, but before he came to his senses his head was blown off his shoulders. Another *whoop* sound from golems weapon reached him a split second later. Before his body hit the ground, Noah grabbed his sword and shot another corruption beam at the man that reached battle golem that was aiming at Noah's enemy and turned his back on his own opponent.

The warrior evaded the black energy beam but was met with the energy sword slash. He tried to guard with his sword but his weapon was sliced apart together with him.

Noah met the second man that was running at him with a sword. The moment their swords clashed, Noah slammed into him, grabbed his head, and smashed his head against the ground, splitting it like watermelon.

Battle golem met the slash of another man with an energy shield. However his assailant noticed a black beam shimmer in the corner of his eye and dodged before it killed him. However, the sound of *whoop* ended his battle by opening a hole in his chest.

Noah dropped to the side, evading the valley of fire arrows, while a battle golem stood in front of Samantha holding two energy shields to fend off the arrows that flew in their direction.

After a few rolls on the ground Noah jumped up waiting for a new valley of magic, however, they did not come. When he gazed in the direction of two human mages, one of them was trashing on the ground trying to break a noose that was tightening on his neck while binding his body, the second one was lying on the ground with a pierced neck still pumping blood out of the wound. Soon a sound of breaking neck came from a man that was bound by the rope and he stoped moving.

The monster mages disappeared behind their veils feeling endangered when they saw how their team was dealt with in less than a minute.

They thought they were hunters that would strike their unsuspecting prey, but Noah could clearly see them on his minimap. He rushed at one of them, firing his black energy beam, but monster felt the danger and evaded letting a barely visible shimmer of air outline his figure.

Once it understood that his enemy could see through his disguise it started to spill valleys of magic in Noah's direction to stop his rush with icicle rain, but it stopped after barely a second as he felt himself being bound by a snow-white serpent, jumping at him from the ground.

Noah sliced the icicles that would not miss him and rushed forward. By the moment he reached the monster he was almost immobile and cutting off his head was almost effortless.

The second monster tried to escape but a sudden pain in his leg made him stumble, with his leg going out from under him. The moment he keeled to the side he saw a sharp point flash out of the grass and pierced his eye, tearing through his brain with thorns.

When the last monster dropped dead, Rope-chan and Whip-chan slithered through the grass toward Noah and weaved over his legs climbing toward his torso and bounding on his forearms.

Noah turned around and walked back toward the three girls that were staring at him with shocked faces full of terror. Kate was knocked down to the ground but she was a strong woman, that hit was not enough to knock her out of consciousness, and by the end of Noah's fight she slowly stood up to her knees. Lilly lay on the ground with her mana exhausted and body weak as a child from potion overuse intoxication. Samantha stood staring at his closing figure with a tremble in her body.

When he neared them his transformation skill ended and he reverted to his normal appearance. After the transformation skill Noah also turned off the domination skill. 

He came face to face with Samantha gazing into her eyes.

"Hello, Sam." He said, stretching his hand and whipping the werewolf's blood from her cheek. 

"Noah?" She groaned with a trembling voice.

50