One Coffee, Please
476 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood on the stage with the mic in front of me. I looked at the audience consisting of the girls that I met these past few weeks. After hearing Kasumi, the other joined in the fray to make me stood on the stage. I could understand a bit of Arisa feeling of being dragged around by her now/

Well most of them might just curious about my song.

"Do I really need to do this?" I sighed.

"ehh! What are you saying? Our practice will be in vain if we don't show it" Kasumi with her guitar said to me while smiling.

I didn't have a band here so I asked their help for the music,  I crashed in their place a few times to practice for this occasion. They were surprised at first but accepted my request when I told them the reason.

Even though its already pointless to play because all of them already agreed to play in the event.

"Don't worry Elliot. Moca-chan will take it easy with the judgement" Moca acted like a judge was showing an amused smile in the audience.

No matter might as well show off some of my abilities to impress them. Before that I looked at the two people who started some trouble before.

"But are you sure about this?" I asked to all of them especially toward Ran and Yukina while checking the sound of the mic.

They looked at me wondering what I mean.

"This event is for you girls to introduce one another? isn't it bad if I steal the spotlight?" I grinned while looking down on them from

Both of them stared at me after my provocation. It was just a little revenge for earlier.

"*Chuckle* Don't stare at me like that, Its just a joke. Then please listen to this song..." I looked at the member of Poppin'Party who helped me with this. I made sure they were ready.

"Ain Soph Aur (Eternal Light)"

With that as a cue the sound of music started to fill the room. I listened to it while holding the mic preparing myself.

Music was a way to express your emotion and a professional would be able to make the audience who listened to it relating themselves to said emotion.

It took quite a skill to do it. Thankfully I had skill that made it easier for me to do it

[Your skill Musician Prodigy started is active]

Even though I was not stranger to it, it usually took a lot of practice to be good at singing. But with this skill, the thing that usually took months or year to master became so easy to acquire. It showed me the way how to best utilize the sound, breath, and my voice to create the best music to captivate the audience.

I listened to the intro of the music and when the time right I raised my voice.

"A dazzling bright ending is wrapped in darkness♪"

My voice started to envelop the room. My voice told the story of the song and their emotion.

Someone who rebel because he didn't know what his existence was. The wish to be acknowledged and not as somebody replacement.

His wish was granted in exchange for the corpse of the person he admired and envied.

"What makes the sky blue, My wish gets further away the more I ask♪"

Was this what he wished for. When he knew it regret filled his body realizing that he was one of the reason that his friend died.

However people need to keep moving forward even with the weight of wings that was too heavy for his small body.

"My fleeting paradise collapses into a new garden♪"

Even when your important person was lost, a new bond was forged. Time moved forward, the person who was protected would be the one who protect. But...

"If I were to wish...♪"

Even if it was a dream, they could meet again. not as subordinate and their leader but just as a friend who shared a cup of coffee in the promised garden

I kept singing toward the music. Even though it was sad, this song was not to mourn the one who lost but to show that someone had grown and his light won't be extinguished.

When I realized it, it was already into the outro. With the sound of the instrument getting lower and lower the song ended.

Silenced filled the room. I didn't know when it started, but the sound of clapping star appearing and filled the room.

I was glad that they liked it. I looked at the audience with a smile.

.

.

.

Music could evoke emotional reaction from the listener. Even so some people might get different emotion from the same music.

Yukina listened to the song by Elliot silently.

(I never heard this one, then it might be an original one by him) she thought  silently.

Yukina listened to a lot of songs of different genre, so she could guess  name of most  popular song by its intro.

(The one who played the instrument is the same but the feeling changed greatly with different vocalist)

She now realized that his title for genius was not for show. Whenever she heard the song she could some kind of emotion wheeling up inside of her.

Her longing for the past that drove her to the path of music.

The scene of her father, Lisa and Her playing music in the past. It was a time when she was happy just playing an easy song without worry.  Still that was the past, Her father stopped playing music and her relationship with Lisa started drifting apart.

But not right now. She looked at Lisa who was enjoying the music. she closed her eyes again)

(I just need to go to Future World Fest, not for the past but for the future)

While thinking about the bright future, she let herself be drowned by the song.

.

Ran looked at Elliot who sang the song. Was there a need for something to change. If it was already good why did people need to change.

It was miracle for her friends to be still together with her until now.  She was scared when they were not in the same class in the past. But her friends still found a way for them to be together.

The same as always, even though something change, their relationship would be the same. It didn't  mean that Ran wanted their relationship to remain static without change.

The thing that she wanted was that even when they became adult or separated, their feeling would remain the same as always.

(It is not good for me to be afraid of the future. like in the past when they helped me stay with them, I will also protect our place)

Every one who heard the song had different emotion inside them. It couldn't be refuted that they liked the song. The one who already heard about Elliot or the one who just knew about it were captivated by the voice and the song.

Although surprised with the level of skill. It didn't make them felt down, but a fighting spirit was ignited instead.

.

.

With the end of the song, they continued the meeting. It went without a hitch. It was decided that they would have a joint practice for some time to learn from each other before performing.

Kasumi suggested to hold some small concert before the big event to promote it. it could be problem with the cost and time. But after Marina asked for permission to the owner, it seemed the proposal was passed.

They named the events Girl Band Party. They each put them selves in some group and gave task for each of the group. It was a very efficient method. Me and Marina looked at them satisfied. It seemed they didn't need any more help.

Some interesting Ideas was also proposed by some girls.

One of them was to have performance by all of the vocalist. All of the vocalist agreed with it while also planning to write a song for it. Still they also decided to pick the one who perform the instrument, Kasumi and Ran on guitar, Hagumi on bass, Maya on drum and Tsugumi on Keyboard while all vocalist would sing together.

They also told me to perform with them which I politely refused. It would be putting a cart before the horse  if I participated. This event was to promote girl band after all.

When some of them trying to shove girl clothes to me. I just smiled silently. which made it the last time they got that idea.

After some time, few of the band already performed. Hello Happy World! was the fist one to do small concert. I was in the live house helping with managing equipment and light.

Today was Roselia time to perform, I was busy preparing the equipment until I saw some small animal looking at me intently. I tried to ignore it but it kept following me when I was working.

After a while noticing a chance, she jumped swiftly from place to place until landing on my shoulder. I left it to its own device because I couldn't sense any negative thought from it and just continue doing my business.

Realizing that it was ignored, it licked my cheek with it soft lip.

"Pfft! what are you doing!" I asked her while flustered. Its not because, I was excited from this cat, but knowing it could transform into beautiful girl made me imagining something else.

(Nyahaha, Its because you ignored me) She sent telepathy to my mind.

The one who did it was Kuroka in the form of cat. Even though still in the form of cat, I could imagine her grinning seeing me flustered.

I really like Ain Soph Aur from the WMTSB trilogy. If you never heard of it, just search Ain Soph Aur on youtube. The MV kinda gay though

15