Lets start again
3.2k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Japan-

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

The sound of alarm hit me hard in the morning. I begrudgingly pushed down the alarm and  opened my eyes into the unfamiliar ceiling.

Opening the curtain of my room, I squinted my eyes from the bright light of the morning sun.

It's been few weeks since then, It was a hell of ride for me but I safely arrived in Japan. 

Even after arresting Felton, I still angered some people,. It seemed Croix had a lot of crazy fans. Well, might as well spent my time in Japan. I already got myself a place to stay with the help of Kazuki and the old man.

Document for my transfer from the clock tower itself was already prepared. I will continue my study here in Japan I guess. I planned to transfer to some normal school to not make some trouble happened again. It was enough that my childhood was the only thing played by some strange old man.

Not only that, I always wanted to visit Japan, because most anime and manga setting took place in here. That was why I thought that if I study here, I might met some characters that I knew.

Power was still important here thought, I couldn't count how many strong being were here. At least Zelretch taught me many useful things in the time I went under him.

In the past, I already told my parents that I would like to study here in Japan. With this accident as a catalyst, I think it was a good time to start now.

Kazuki said that she would take it to explain to our parents about what happened. I hope they understand.

It seemed not much information about the accident got out into the public. At least if you didn't search hard enough you wouldn't find anything about it. That was a good news at least.

While thinking that, I checked my phone, There were 2 video message notification. They were from Mother and Rean.

"Elly, I heard from Kazuki that you decide to take the student exchange program to Japan. Is it true that you were in hurry because you are molesting a nun from the church and some important people from church is looking for you...."

It was a short message with a hint of concern in her voice. I cursed Kazuki in my heart. You should had left that part. Imagining her smug face, I took a note to have my revenge the next time I met her. 

"Remember to contact us regularly, ok?" With that, the message ended. The milk was already spilt, I would be seen as pervert from now on by my parents.

Then I played the message from Rean played out. He was one of the person I was close to and someone who could be depended on.

"Elliot, I heard from your sister that you will be continuing your study in Japan. Its too bad we won't be able to meet often anymore.  Please keep in contact with us here, Elliot you are an important person for me, I think I need to go back to...."

"..."

He really need to tone it down a bit there, that was almost borderline gay. I took another mental note to told him to only use that cheesy line to girl. After reading the end of the message I closed my phone.

I looked around my room and noticed that some of the box was still left unpacked. Feeling that it would take a long time, I  decided to go out to get fresh air a bit and maybe grab some breakfast.

I walked out of the house and followed the sidewalk passing the river. I remembered that yesterday the girl that I met Yamabuki Saya told me that her family ran a bakery. Getting bread as breakfast didn't sound too bad. with that in mind I continued walking while looking for the Yamabuki family's bakery.

After some minutes  I arrived in front of the bakery. It was not so far from my house. The bakery wasn't too big but if you see the building you can notice that it was properly maintained. I could smell the aroma of fresh bread which aroused my appetite

I opened the door to the bakery which made the bell on top of the door rang. I could saw there are a lot of bread lined up in the store with different kind of color indicating their flavor. I even spotted some cookies and doughnut lined at the store.

On the counter, I saw the girl that I met yesterday with a smile on her face. She wore the same casual clothes as yesterday, long pale yellow skirt with a white, frilly off-the-shoulder dress showing her healthy skin of her arms. The only difference is, she also wore an apron on top of her clothes.

"ahh... Artel welcome~.... I didn't expect to see you soon. would you like to try our bread" still smiling she welcomed me warmly.

She might be the poster girl of this bakery. I could imagine some guy coming here just to see her smile. As expected of the bakery daughter I thought. 

" ahhh. Yeah, I didn't have my breakfast yet, My feet take me this way when I knew it" I didn't tell her her that I took some time to find the bakery.

She was the first friend I made and she helped me yesterday and its not bad to be friending a local resident in a foreign place like this.

However after smelling the appetizing smell from the pastries here, I thought I would really became a regular customer here

"Fufufu, then, You are coming to the right place, our bakery is very popular in this area you know, you wont be able to forget the taste after eating our bread" She talked puffing her chest with pride in her voice.

"Then what would you like? I can even give some discount for a first time customer" She winked at me while offering some discount.

I tilted my head confused to choose which one even though I always ate bread at home.

"Do you have any recommendation?" I couldn't seem to decide which one to buy, might as well asking the owner recommendation.

In my home usually the servant was the one who buy the bread for me. I didn't know how different would be the taste from the one at home. I heard  that the taste bud of westerner and easterner was different after all.

"Then I recommend our today special...." She tried to give her recommendation but before she could finish, other voice was heard interrupting our talk.

"Saya~.... I would take all of this please.~"  The one who interrupted us was breads. I mean a girl. she has a sleepy demeanor and speaks with a slow, monotone voice. she has short,  ivory blonde hair and big, sleepy-looking, blue-grey eyes.

Her clothes was kind of tomboyish with over sized hoodie  with a white shirt inside and short pants. Even thought like that, I could say that she was a cute girl with a kind of boyish look.

The reason I mistook her for a bread is because she brought a lot of breads. When I said lot I mean a LOT. not 3 or 4, I saw 10 or maybe 12 stack of bread in her tray. Did she buy it for her families or maybe friends.

""ahhh.... Sorry, Sorry. I didn't realize you were there." She noticed me and apologized hurriedly while putting the tray with the bread on the counter.

"hahaha... Moca, thank you  for the business as always" She talked with the girl. it seemed her name wass Moca. I guessed they knew each other.

"Artel this is Moca Aoba one of our loyal customer in the bakery.... Moca this is Elliot Artel, He just moved here" Saya introduced us to each other. I said my greeting to this girl.

"huhuhu... You can call me Moca-chan you know, I like bread especially Yamabuki bakery's bread" She greeted me with a slight playful tone. That is how I met the self proclaimed number #1 fan of Yamabuki's bakery.

https://bandori.fandom.com/wiki/Aoba_Moca?file=My%20Own%20Pace%20Live2D%20Model.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

43