Angel of the Moonlit Schoolyard 2
1.3k 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Xenovia POV-

A lot of crater was seen in the school yard signifying the battle that happened here.

Her whole body was covered with fear looking at the Fallen Angel above.

Even though they were already going this far, will all of them die here?

She looked around. The dead body of Valper Galilei and the incapacitated Freed Selzan.

They already come this far.

They used all of their power to fight but this fallen angel was just toying around with them.

Even the power of Rias Gremory boosted by the Red Dragon Emperor can't put any damage to him. Rias Gremory passed out after being attacked by him.

We can't win. That's what went through my mind. The power difference between us was absolute. Even though the knight of Rias Gremory reached Balance-Breaker, there is still this much difference. Even our cooperation prove futile.

That was still okay, she already prepared herself when accepting this mission.

But like putting the last stab, the word from him stabbed through her the most.

It gouged her existence and her reason to live.

(God is dead)

She thought about the meaning of his word.

"...Lies...…it's a lie...…"

She muttered that in hoarse voice, She started losing strength in her arms.

She had a panicked expression that was too unbearable to look at.

She was a God's servant. A person who lived by serving God as her mission. That was how she was raised until today.

If the existence of God was rejected then....

(What would I live for from now?)

Her mind was in turmoil.

She bit her lips thinking about it.

Around her, Asia Argento was showing the same despaired look as her.

She can't hear what they are talking about anymore.

The Red Dragon Emperor tried to fight back but was blasted back by Kokabiel.

Maybe feeling bored Kokabiel started creating gigantic light spear. He gathered all of his power into it.

"So this is how it end" With a resigned voice, I closed my eyes.

Kokabiel was showing savage smile and prepare to throw it to us.

But before he could do it, a bright light appeared and three light beam fell toward Kokabiel.

"Crown of Ashes"

Someone voice was heard amid the light.

Showing a fast response, Kokabiel hurled his spear toward the light beam, both of the attack were destroying each other but suddenly another light beam was coming toward him. Panicked, He hurriedly deployed full powered barrier.

He defended again the attack but his hand was injured from the intensity.

"Whoopsie, did I scare you?"

A lighthearted voice was heard in this battlefield

All of the people in here looked at the source of the voice.

There high above was a young man smiling. On his back was twelve wings with mismatched color.

His visage was graceful. I was fascinated by his appearance that emitted a mysterious light.

All of the people were confused about his identity. But there was one word that came to mind seeing him.

(Angel?)

"Who are you?" Kokabiel was saying that warily.

But he ignored him. His eyes was looking at me.

The she noticed around her a white feather was falling slowly. It was also the same with the Gremory Group.

It was really beautiful, the feather was glowing and dancing around her.

Then she felt it, her wound was healed. her mind was also becoming calm.

(Is this healing magic?)

She thought about it.

Remembering something important, I looked at the others. Although they just fought together briefly, she also worried for them.

Healing especially from light based magic was harmful to devil. But to her surprise, they were fine and looked the same as her healed by it. They also showed me confused look.

Maybe feeling it was enough, He then looked at Kokabiel and started to speak.

"That is a fine wings you have there, sir...."

He paused for a second before continued speaking.

"It would be a shame if something happened to it"

Like a hunter seeing its prey, he showed a savage smile to Kokabiel.

.

.

.

-Elliot POV-

I faced Kokabiel after healing all of the Gremory Group and Xenovia.

I was actually here since few moments ago and watching the event happening in silence.

If the event proceed normally, I planned to left it to Vali.

However even after waiting for a while, there was no sight of Vali. So I decided to take the matter to my hand.

The mission description still bugged me a little.

Abby was hiding, observing the surrounding.

I observed Kokabiel the main star of this event

But after looking at him, I was sure that he was not buffed.

He still had that arrogant tone that thinking his dick was the biggest one in the world.

In his battle that I observed since a moment ago, there were no new skill, just some boring light based skill with no cool sounding name.

Even his appearance didn't change, he still wore some boring black dress, with his long black hair and red eyes. In short, he also didn't get any new skins.

Conclusion, he was still small fry boss that got owned by Vali.

I thought about those rude things about hime

"You... Are you the result of Jean Tucker experiment?"

He suddenly asked some strange question to me.

I lowered my altitude and already in the same line of sight as him.

The others just watched our conversation while holding their breath.

They can't do anything even if they wanted to protest.

I though about what he said.

"Jean Tucker?"

That was unfamiliar name uttered by him. I was sure there were no such person in DXD. I was confused by it.

Well I can't really said that, because I only read until the arc where Issei got his new body. I can't find any continuation in the system.

Is there someone like that I wonder?

In this world anything goes I guessed, I can't remember all of the person in the anime world.

"The Holy Sword Project and The Artificial Angel Project were two project that the church was pinning their hoped for.... But both of the one in charge in those project were madmen and was kicked out from the church"

He started blabbering important information. I just listen silently.

Is it normal for villain to give so much information to his opponent? It's not like I am complaining. It was a good thing for me.

He looked like someone who didn't have many friend. Maybe he was just happy to have someone to talk to.

"Last I heard there are two successful subject from the Artificial Angel Project and they are called children of Woes. It was one boy and girl. The female one was taken by Jean when he escaped and the male was under the protection of the church. But... How curious... I am sure he has a black hair."

Damn, I started to feel sorry for him. I decided to take only half of his wings from my initial plans of taking all of it.

Thinking something rude like that, I also processed information that I got from him. Children of Woes? I think I remembered something like that from Nursery Rhymes

"Kukuku.... No matter... It is not my problem... From your expression, It seemed you have no relation to that experiment... Your wings might be some artifact or maybe some sub-species balance breaker of Sacred Gear... I am sure there were no angel like you in heaven"

"I don't know why, but I feel positive feeling toward you... How about it, would you like to join me? I can give you everything you want... Join the fallen angel side"

He stretched his hand confidently.

This started to sound so gay. Why was he showing that expression to me?

Where did he get that confidence from? What's next? He will say that he is my father?

All of the people started to get nervous waiting my response.

Did he forgot that I attacked him and made a rude remark a moment ago

"That sound interesting..."

"then"

"But is there any benefit joining a weakling like you?"

I stated in mocking tone.

A vein appeared on his forehead.

"You brat... Do you know who I am?... Don't think because you had those fake wings, I will be afraid of you"

He started to get angry.

"This brat just injured you a moment ago old man"

I continued to taunt him.

Now that I thought about it, did I forget to turn off the sense disruption.

Well no matter, I just need to beat him up.

But before that lets just play with him for a bit.

32