Chapter 6: Upgrades, Yay! Politics, Boo!
2.6k 27 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After entering my assigned room, I quickly run up to my bed and jump onto it. Hitting the bed and bouncing a bit in the middle with a slight pomf sound.

 

Nova: “Irritation: I am a fucking machine and yet I almost feel physically drained! How?!”

 

That debriefing took over four hours. We were only in that other universe for like ten! I am starting to really despise the word ‘briefing’ lately. I can understand they wanted all the details, but they wouldn’t just let me upload what I have to a server and be done with it. So we ended up talking about everything that happened. I remember from the show they were pretty hesitant to believe Daniel that he experienced this. Despite the fact he got shot by a staff weapon, alone in a room.

 

I left no room for doubt though. While they wouldn’t let me leave after the upload, they did at least let me upload. I gave them a first person view of what happened from my perspective. Naturally Jack had made a joke about the level of height the recording was from. Not going to lie, I snickered inwardly. Anyway, now they have a full recording of most of the events, undeniable proof. And I even gave them the same thing I gave the other SGC; the Goa’uld tech prints and other goodies.

 

There were astrogation charts, but I kept those to myself. While you can trust most stuff to be the same between the two universes, it’s better to not take a risk for something like that. So while I kept them for curiosity's sake, I won’t use them for navigation.

 

Anyway, time to look at my spoils in a greater detail! Oh, I also got a shiny new “ability” after I absorbed bad Teal’c’s staff weapon.

 

[Goa’uld Ma’Tok staff blast]

Able to generate and discharge a pulse of plasma energy like that of a staff weapon. Can also hold the charge indefinitely without shooting it. The more energy used, the bigger and more destructive the blast will be. Overcharge effect is only limited by the current output of your generator.

 

Smiling inwardly, I raised my right hand in a claw-like position pointing upwards. I concentrate on generating this energy pulse, and instead of the classic orange-gold energy, it is sakura pink with royal purple surrounding it. I still got the classic sound of the energy crackling from a staff powering up to shoot coming from my hand though. As the power reaches to the tip of my fingers I hold it there. It just idly jumps all around my fingers humming with power. It looks amazing. And the power draw from my generator is laughable. I dismiss the energy charge without releasing it; I don't need a hole in my room's roof.

 

‘I seriously wonder if I can actually shoot down their starships with this. After all, even their mother ships do not have the power output of a single ZPM. And I can overcharge this with 10 of them…’

 

I then take a look at the blueprint of the staff weapon, and see what is needed to make one. The staff is made of Naquadah metal, and powered by liquid Naquadah. I forgot how heavily Naquadah is used in the Stargate universe. It seems that the Naquadah also amplifies the shots from the liquid Naquadah. Kind of like double dipping. While interesting, this has nothing on Morphium.

 

With that line of thinking, I try to create a Morphium based Ma’Tok staff weapon. Causing the weapon to form slowly in front of me, I take note of the power draw on my generator spiking to an 8 ZPM’s. That is ludicrous. Tech with complicated parts and delicate designs are most definitely more costly to make than mere random geometric shapes.

 

It takes around 10 seconds to craft a 2 metre long staff, the standard size. I notice there is a distinct lack of a glowing gem on the flat club section at the rear of the staff, indicating that Morphium can not change its chemical makeup. Yet anyway. There are however digital blue lines all along the staff, coming from where the power source is. The glow however is the same as the energy I generated on my hand earlier. The staff is a nice light silver colour.

 

With the staff floating in front of me, I also take note that even though I can control it with my [Limited Control: Technology] it didn’t take up the one single connection I am able to sustain for now. That is great! That means anything I personally make, I can connect to freely, and with as many as I want.

 

I focus on the staff lightly, and the front oval-shaped part of the staff splits open into four sections and the sound of the weapon arming is heard. I take notice of the arming energy’s colour. It is the same sakura pink with a royal purple surrounding it. I wonder if that is just the energy colour that Morphium makes? But I glow blue, and while in combat red. Oh well, not important.

 

I want to shoot the staff badly, but this is powered by liquid Morphium, and not Naquadah. I fully expect the blast to be several, if not a hundred times greater than normal. With a passing thought, the oval-shaped part closes and the weapon sits there floating.

 

While it’s floating, I get an idea. I try to move the staff with my mind. And much to my shock, and delight, it floats away from me! I keep ‘pushing’ it away from me till it suddenly falls down to the ground with a clatter. I am currently sitting on my bed, which is in the back corner of my room. My new weapon dropped out of my control when it reached near the door. I think it is about 5 metres? I suddenly feel something click in my mind, and my UI opens up in front of me, with a new ability!

 

(A/N: She is not magically getting new abilities! As the survey said, she did not get a system.)

 

[Morphium Domain Control]

Able to control all Morphium constructs you create in a 5m radius around you seemingly with telekinesis. Upgrade yourself to improve the range.

 

Now that is a cool ability I think. I get up off the bed, and walk over to the weapon, picking it up with my mind and bringing it towards myself. As I reach out and grab it, I notice there is power flowing through the weapon, even in an idle state. It’s not conductive or anything, but there is clearly power flowing through the entire weapon. I release the weapon letting it float again, and I form another tennis ball’s worth of Morphium in my right hand.

 

It too has energy flowing through it. I see if I can stop the energy flow from within it. When I do, the Morphium loses its light silver lustre, and looks more dead, for a lack of a better term. The concrete also cracks heavily around my feet, and I sink almost a foot into the ground much to my shock. This small ball of Morphium must weigh several tonnes at least for this to happen!

 

I then clue in to my natural draw of 1 ZPM of power. I am using energy to not only power myself, but to make my Morphium body weigh a great deal less. This solved that little mystery I had. For a metal that is nigh indestructible, I wondered why it (Note: me) was so light. That is amazing. Morphium really is a god level metal.

 

I absorb the ball, and head back to the bed. I sit on the end of it, and focus on another weapon I want to create. After several seconds, there is a Zat'nik'tel floating in front of me. Or as Jack will soon call it, a Zat. While creating this weapon, I took care to make sure to limit its power output to what a normal Zat is capable of. There is a switch on the weapon to bypass this, but if it was always overcharged, it would defeat the purpose of the weapon itself.

 

The weapon itself is colored much like my staff, and even has the same digital looking lines. With the safeties engaged, the weapon looks like a snake laying flat in a curved like Zed position. When activated it stands up, alert like a snake.

 

I always liked this weapon. It first fires a stunning shot of energy. It incapacitates the target via a great deal of pain. Most often than not, knocking out the target because of the pain. If shot again within a few minutes of the initial hit, the target will be killed. A third shot will disintegrate the target and their clothing, and also small inanimate objects with low densities, leaving no visible trace of their existence. A very unique kind of weapon, honestly.

 

I turn it towards the wall, and shoot it. While it makes that awesome sound effect from the show, the colour of the shot is again the same colour as the staff weapon, instead of blue.

 

(A/N: I am sorry, but I have NO hope in hell trying to describe the sound effect of the Zat gun.)

 

Now, to test something else I’ve been wondering and hoping I could do. Instead of absorbing the Zat gun like I do with the orbs, I absorb it with the intention to take it in like with my Pod, or Teal’c’s staff. Reaching out with my hand, there is the usual explosion of liquid looking Morphium that covers the weapon, and then returning to my hand. If I could, I would have a big dumb looking smile on my face right now.

 

[Zat'nik'tel Energy Shot]

Able to generate and shoot out the energy like that of a Zat'nik'tel. Able to hold the charge indefinitely. The more energy used, the bigger and more distance covered on impact by the released energy will be. Overcharge effect is only limited by the current output of your generator.

Notice!

Overcharging will cause the first shot to kill, and second to disintegrate. You may affect higher density targets with more energy used.

 

I had a feeling this was the case, but it puts my mind at ease to have solid proof like this. This means it is infinitely more valuable to learn how something is made than just absorbing it. Well, if it’s possible to learn anyway.

 

With those two weapons done, I look at the blueprints for the Death Gliders and the Attack Vessel I stole all this from. Seems the ship was a “Cheops class warship.” Much too large for me to even think about making, and it would take a long time to make it piece by piece. Even as a machine, I do not have the patience to do that. At least, not yet.

 

A Death Glider is more manageable, but would still take months.

 

‘Ah, but there is a thought. What if I just make the propulsion system, and then absorb that? Wouldn't that then give me the ability to fly like a Death Glider?’

 

As much as I want to do that right now, I have no idea how long it will take, nor do I know how large the system is. I might not have enough room available without destroying something while making the system.

 

That spawns another idea. If I can spend more energy to create things faster with Morphium, can I save on energy if I slow things down?

 

With that thought, I started to remake my own Zat'nik'tel. But this time, I try to make it as slowly as I can, with as little energy. This time, instead of making the weapon in several seconds, I make it in several minutes. And the energy draw dropped substantially. From the 8 ZPM’s down to 3.

 

I might be able to make all of the Death Gliders propulsion system in one go, but it would likely take many hours. It is something I should at least try once.

 

Getting up from the bed, I head towards the door and leave my room with my two weapons floating vertically behind me. I quickly connect to the camera system, and look all over the base for my team. With luck, they are all in the mess hall. While I am making my way to the mess hall, I pass by several people who all look at me and my weapons with curious eyes.

 

‘That’s right you organics, be amazed by what you see… okay, that is the third time. You know what, never mind. I can’t change anything that is happening to me from this situation and it honestly doesn’t have any negative effects on me. Moving on!’

 

It takes me a few minutes to make it to the mess hall. When I enter it is nearly empty besides SG-1 and a few cooks. I walk over to my team, giving a small wave when they notice me approaching.

 

Nova: “Greetings: Hello everyone. I was wondering if you all would like to join me in weapons testing? Though, from my projections from the data I have, I am also looking for a non standard and more reinforced testing area. Do you know of one, Sam?”

 

Everyone looks at my two weapons with great interest, while Teal’c raises an eyebrow at the very familiar but foreign looking weapons.

 

Nova: “Pride: I see you recognize the weapons Teal’c. However, these are built with an entirely different metal and power source. And before you ask Sam, all I will tell you is that the metal is called ‘Morphium’ and nothing else.”

 

Sam: “Awe, but at least I know the name of the metal. What is its power source?”

 

Nova: “Reply: Liquid Morphium. Now, about the testing area and you all joining me?”

 

They all nod their heads. Jack is most definitely enthusiastic about this test.

 

Sam: “Right! There is a reinforced lab on one of the lower levels, it should do. Do you mind if I also invite General Hammond?”

 

Nova: “Dismissive: I do not care, so go for it. I will not be supplying these weapons to the SGC. Only to my team, you guys, should you want one. I can almost be sure you will Teal’c when you fire the staff.”

 

Teal’c: “Indeed? I look forward to this test.”

 

I nod my head, and start making my way to where the elevator is at. The others get up, and follow. Sam stops by a phone on the wall to make the call to Hammond and invite him. After waiting a bit for her to finish up, we all left the mess hall.

 

Sam: “The General said he will meet us at the lab. It’s on the 39th floor by the way.”

 

Nova: “Reply: Okay.”

 

Daniel: “How are you making the weapons float behind you and follow?”

 

Jack: “Yea, I wanted to ask that as well.”

 

Nova: “Smug: I can control all Morphium constructs in a certain area around me as the centre.”

 

Jack: “That’s really neat.”

 

We finally arrive at the elevator, and take it down to floor 39. Exiting the elevator, I look to Sam to lead. I have the full map of this complex, but I have not looked at anything beyond the floors I will commonly go to and use.

 

Sam: “Ah, right. Follow me. It is this way.”

 

As she was leading us to the room, I noticed a distinct lack of personnel on this floor, and asked Sam about it.

 

Sam: “These testing floors are normally empty. When we got off the elevator it was flagged in the system as being in use. It is this way to keep possible casualties to a minimum when these rooms are needed. While we are on this floor, no one else but the General or someone else with authorization can open the elevator doors.”

 

That was a neat feature. I really should take a look at all of the features and protocols this place has, but I just can’t bring myself to care enough to do it.

 

After a minute, we finally arrived at a testing room designed for testing weapons. It looked pretty good for what the SGC is most likely to be testing, honestly. While we were waiting for the General to come along, Sam and Jack started to set up targets.

 

The General arrived not long after Sam and Jack were done setting up the targets. I floated the staff weapon over to Teal’c’s hands.

 

Nova: “Inform: That staff weapon is set to the default of what other staff weapons are set too. But because of its make and power source, it will be far more powerful.”

 

Teal’c nodded his head and headed over to the firing line.

 

Hammond: “So, what exactly are you testing Nova?”

 

Nova: “Reply: I am testing some custom made Goa’uld weapons made from Morphium. And before you ask, it is indeed the very same metal I was created with. I am eager to see how the metal will perform when using inferior designs of technology.”

 

Hammond: “Right. Teal’c, you may fire when ready.”

 

Teal’c takes aim at the furthest testing dummy. It seems to be a standard mannequin of an adult human. When he activated and arms the weapon his eyebrow raised ever so slightly at the energy colour; I almost missed it. And then he fired the weapon.

 

The glowing pink with a purple outline bolt of plasma energy ripped through the air and mannequin far faster than a normal staff shot. And when it impacted the wall behind the target, it exploded wildly. After the dust cleared, the mannequin’s top half was completely vaporised and there was a 3 metre wide and 2 metre deep hole in the reinforced concrete wall.

 

Teal’c: “I would very much like to keep this weapon, Nova.”

 

I nodded my head in approval of his request.

 

Nova: “Pride: That is no problem Teal’c. The weapon has lower settings as well, but even its lowest setting is very powerful, so keep that in mind. Also, let me improve it. If you are going to take this out into the field, we need a bit of insurance.”

 

The weapon then floated out of his hand and came to a stop in front of me. With a ripple, the weapon was updated.

 

Nova: “Statement: There we go. This weapon will now no longer be able to be shot by anyone outside of our SG team. I added biometrics to the trigger.”

 

That seemed to have snapped Jack and the others out of their stunned state.

 

Jack: “Biometrics eh? That’s a great idea Nova. Good thinking.”

 

Hammond: “I concur, Colonel. Nova, would you be willing to make more of these weapons for the other teams?”

 

Nova: “Denied: I do not want this metal to be spreading outside of my control if at all possible. While your civilization lacks the means to make use of it, that is not the case more than likely for others out there.”

 

Hammond: “Disappointing, but understandable. I assume you will be providing SG-1 with advanced weapons though?”

 

Nova: “That is correct.”

 

The General nods and asks about the other weapon floating behind me.

 

Nova: “Inform: This is a Zat'nik'tel. I added a limiter on this weapon though, unlike the staff. The main point of this weapon is for a non-lethal takedown via extreme pain. However, the second shot made within a few minutes will kill the target. If you turn off the limiter, the first shot will instead kill, and affect a massive radius. Would you also like this as a backup weapon Teal’c?”

 

Teal’c: “Yes, I would be very pleased to have that as well Nova.”

 

Giving him a nod, the weapon ripples as it lowers itself to his hands.

 

Nova: “Inform: The weapon is functionally the same with the limiter on. But the fire rate has been vastly improved. Give it a try?”

 

Teal’c nods, and turns back to the fire range. He takes aim at the back wall, and lets it rip. He was a pretty fast shot. Getting about 8 in a second. After shooting it several more times, Teal’c nods his head, and deactivates the weapon.

 

Jack: “What was it called again?”

 

Teal’c: “A Zat’nik’tel.”

 

Jack: “I am just going to call it a Zat gun.”

 

Sam gives off a little suppressed laugh. Hammond looks at his watch, and frowns.

 

Hammond: “Alright people. We got about an hour before the hearing with the senator.”

 

Everyone groans at that, and loses a bit of light in their eyes.

 

Nova: “Confusion: Hearing?”

 

Hammond: “Ah, right. Lieutenant Colonel Samuels arrived shortly after you left the debrief when you got back from your first mission. There is a senator coming from DC that has doubts and questions about the Stargate program. And is looking to possibly shut it down if he doesn’t like what he sees.”

 

Nova: “Astoundment: You are joking? Someone who knows about this program, and what you are doing, wants to shut it down? After all you have done? Is he mentally deficient?”

 

Jack barks a laugh at that.

 

Hammond: “He just doesn’t see the reason or point to the Stargate program and its massive drain on the budget. We are hoping to change his mind.”

 

Nova: “Bafflement: He does not see the point in a program that is quite literally your civilization's only chance at survival now that you have made enemies with an advanced civilization? More to the point when said enemy is possibly about to knock on your metaphorical door, and glass your planet? I would honestly execute him under the suspicion of being a spy, and be done with it.”

 

Everyone's eyes slightly widen at that last statement. But surely they have to see the logic right? Why would someone want to shut down their only chance at survival over something as meaningless as money.

 

Nova: “Exasperated: I can not compute the stupidity of what I am hearing. I think it is best that I do not attend this hearing. I can not tolerate a Neanderthal organic who willfully ignores all facts and evidence that points to his civilization being destroyed within months because of the concept of money. I will however still attend if you decide that my presence is needed in the end.”

 

With that, I gave everyone a nod, and left to head back to my room. I knew the senator was coming, but even after all the evidence I was able to show, he still wants to shut it down.

 

‘Maybe I should kill him? A thought to think about for a while.’

 

It’s been several hours, and I have just been wasting my time connected to the internet. I really should be doing something else, but I just want to chill. Muted emotions or not, I just know I am going to have to deal with Kinsey, and I am going to need all the help from Null to put up with him.

 

‘Null. That is the second time I have thought about that word. But thinking more about it gives nothing. Was it what my creator worshipped? Or did that come from the survey? Hmm’

 

While I was thinking about that, someone knocked several times on my door.

 

‘Whelp, I bet this is it.’

 

Getting up, and disconnecting from the internet, I floated to my door and opened it.

 

Nova: “Query: Yes?”

 

The airman was clearly not expecting me to be floating I think. I am honestly debating if I should just float everywhere.

 

???: “Ah, pardon me Ma’am. Your presence has been requested in the Stargate observation meeting room.”

 

Nova: “Resignation: Fine. Thank you airman.”

 

He saluted and walked off somewhere. I floated out of my room, landed on the ground and headed to the meeting. Didn’t bother closing my door, not like I have anything in there.

 

A few minutes later, I entered the meeting room. Seeing my team dressed all official like, except Daniel. He was in the casual clothes the personnel use around the base. Along with the General, Kinsey, Samuels and a few other people I don’t know or care to know.

 

It looked like they were all waiting for me. Great.

 

Nova: “Query: You asked for me, General?”

 

Kinsey: “Ah, if it isn’t the vaunted robot every–”

 

I don't know what it was, but the moment he said "robot" something flipped in me slightly. The normal blue glow pulse started to tint red, and my eyes also started glow with a red hue.

 

Nova: “Threaten: Call me a robot one more time, you useless organic, and I will break your arms for the insult. I am an Omega Class First Generation Automaton. I also have a name. Use it.”

 

Understandably, everyone was quite shocked at my response to being called a robot. But you can’t blame me. That is so demeaning. I am so much more than a mere robot.

 

Kinsey got red in the face with anger, and spoke a bit more loudly and with what I think he thought of as authority, “Listen here you piece of junk metal, you–”

 

Again, my colours started to shift more solidly to red, and my eyes gained a more prominent red glow. Understandably, my team and the general were starting to get a bit worried. As they know what the red glow means.

 

Nova: “Threaten: That is the second time you have insulted me. There will not be a third. General, I have just entered the room, and already have been shown such an extreme amount of disrespect. Reign in your pet before I, as you humans say, take him out back and put him down.”

 

Before Hammond could respond, Kinsey opened his mouth again, “How DARE you. I can have you destroyed, you know?! You have no rights on this planet because you are not even human, and not recognized as alive! So if you know what is good for you, you will shut up, sit down and listen to what I have to say!”

 

Nova: “Reply: I have warned you.”

 

And with that, I blur from my spot, and appear in front of the senator. Before he, or anyone else for that matter, could react I broke both his arms in 15 different points, on each arm. Then I returned to my previous spot. I was now fully in my "Combat Mode" and glowing fully red.

 

He let out a loud scream of pain, and fell down to the floor curling up into himself.

 

Nova: “Threaten: Your civilization has no weapon capable of harming me, let alone destroying me. Not even your prized ‘Goa’uld-buster’ missiles would be enough to harm me.”

 

Samuels eyes widened when he heard my statement.

 

Samuels: “How do you know about those?”

 

Nova: “Disdain: I am the most advanced automaton ever built. And am most likely the most advanced in this universe by a long shot. You really think your pathetic technology can keep me out of your systems if I so desire to look?”

 

Samuels: “Those are national secrets! It is illegal for you to know about them, and to hack into our systems like that!”

 

Nova: “Mockery: Well, it is a good thing that useless organic crying on the floor just said I do not count as a living entity to your world. Thus I do not fall under any laws do I? After all, you can’t jail a computer can you? Not like you can stop me. You and that sack of shit on the floor truly do not understand just how worthless your level of technology is to the other civilizations out in the stars.”

 

Nova: “Condemn: You have already made an enemy who is far more advanced than you. And is highly likely to be coming to your planet to glass it. From the data I have on your little toy nukes and their yield, and the data I have on the strength of the shields on the Goa’uld capital ships? They are not going to do a thing besides provide a nice lightshow for the Goa’uld to admire while they glass the planet blow them.”

 

The room was completely silent, you could hear a pin drop. Or rather, the whimpering of Kinsey was actually quite loud, but I elected to ignore it. If this doesn't change his mind, or he bothers me again, I’ll just kill him.

 

Nova: “Query: General, was I actually summoned here for a point?”

 

Hammond: “No, I uh. I think you made the point yourself, Nova. Thank you.”

 

Nova: “Reply: You are welcome? Do you need anything else?”

 

Hammond looked around the room and everyone, including Samuels, shook their heads.

 

Hammond: “It doesn’t seem so Nova. Thank you for coming. You may leave if you desire.”

 

I nod my head to everyone, and turn to leave. But as I was turning, I could have sworn I saw an extremely subtle smirk on my team's faces. Glad they enjoyed the show. My glow gradually turning back to the calm blue as I walked out.

 

‘I think I’ll just head back to my room, and surf the web again till they come for me. I look forward to the fallout. Hmm… Seeing everyone dressed up, reminds me I really need to change my look. I always have the same “SG-1 mission” getup. Oh well, I’ll think about it.’

 

Woo~. New chapter! How was it? Well, that's all for me~ I'll see you guys in the next one~. It might be here, or on my other story~.

91