Chapter 6: Team 7
49 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first page turned into ten, then a hundred, until, by the time Sasuke finished the book, he knew that he would not get enough sleep.

Now, sitting at a desk in the middle, Sasuke was fighting the urge not to sleep.

'Ugh,' He thought, shaking his head after feeling his eyes drop, 'When I walked here, I felt nothing, but now that I am in one place, it feels like the weight of a mountain is on my eyelids,'

"You look tired," Sasuke looked to his left at Naruto, 

"I stayed up reading, and now I regret that decision," He replied.

"I thought the team placements made you excited all night," Naruto said, smiling, "I know I was,"

Sasuke glared at him, "Team placements?"

He did not expect it to happen today.

"Yeah, were you not listening?" Naruto asked, sounding surprised, "Iruka-Sensei told us yesterday,"

'Yesterday? Damn, I must have been thinking about the sword all day and never paid attention,' Sasuke thought, "Nope, I was not paying attention yesterday,"

"Wow Sasuke, even I paid attention to that," Naruto said, folding his arms, "but either way, we will be placed in teams,"

An intruding thought pierced its way into Sasuke's head upon hearing that.

There was a high chance that he would be placed with Sakura and Naruto, like in canon, but there is also that chance that different teams could occur.

He doubts this could be changed, but Sasuke hopes that it won't.

"Alright," Sasuke said, nodding.

"Who do you think we would be paired with?" Naruto asked, making Sasuke pretend to think.

He needs to be careful with answering Naruto, as he does not want to be seen as someone who knows the future.

"I don't know," Sasuke replied, "we could be paired with anyone, but is there someone you would like to be in teams with?"

Sasuke could swear he saw Naruto's eyes light up a little, "Well there is someone..."

Sasuke could not help but snicker.

Naruto looked at Sasuke again with a flushed face, "Hey wait not like that! I am just hoping I could be with her- I mean them,"

A nod came from Sasuke.

"Not forgetting you, Sasuke," Naruto said.

"Same with you," He replied, looking away from Naruto and looking around the classroom.

As he expected, Sasuke saw Sakura walking towards the desk he and Naruto sat at.

Sasuke looked to his right at the empty seat, 'Hold on, I am sitting in the middle, and since I am friendly to Naruto, that event may not happen,'

Expectedly, Sakura, sat on the right, next to Sasuke.

"Hi, Sasuke," She said, having a bit of red on her face.

"Morning," Sasuke responded, cringing at Sakura blushing even more.

"Hello Sakura," Naruto greeted, also having a tinge of red on his face.

"Morning, Naruto," Sakura's voice sounded annoyed, even Sasuke saw Naruto's face have a bit of hurt in it.

Looking back at the front of the class, Sasuke saw Iruka walk in.

'Time for the placements,' Sasuke thought, listening to Iruka speaking.

Due to having his eyes drop every few seconds, Sasuke pulled his attention to that instead. Besides, he knew more or less what Iruka was going to say. 

"Okay, next is Team 7," Iruka's voice pulled Sasuke back to listening, "this will have Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki..."

Sasuke heard a glee from Naruto and a sigh from Sakura.

"...and Sasuke Uchiha." Iruka finished.

This caused glee from both Sakura and Naruto.

"Your Jōnin Senseis will be introduced this afternoon, so until then, take a break," Iruka ordered, making a few students get up to walk out of the class, while the rest stayed to chat with one another.

"Naruto, you go on ahead, I need to take a nap," Sasuke said, putting his head down on the desk.

"Oh, alright," Naruto replied, "If you don't wake up, I will have to throw water on you,"

"Please do, if that is needed," Sasuke said, watching Naruto walk off.

'Now, time for a nap,' Sasuke thought to himself closing his eyes.

Losing track of time, Sasuke awoke from a feeling within himself.

He placed his hands by his crotch, 'I need to number 1, badly,'

Getting up from his seat, Sasuke saw that the row he was in was empty.

'So Sakura did go as well,' He thought to himself, walking to hopefully the bathroom.

Luckily, he found what appeared to be the bathroom and relieved himself.

'Wait, I remember this,' Sasuke thought, walking out of the bathroom and zipping up his shorts, 'Naruto must have transformed into me and spoken to Sakura,'

'I better go to where that event is taking place,' he thought, starting to walk, 'it is a good thing I have Sasuke's memories of where the heck that place is,'

Shortly, he arrived at the place and saw Sakura standing there.

"Oh, you are back," Sakura said, "you are so shy Sasuke, I hope you are ready now because I am!"

Sasuke looked at her, thinking of what to say.

He knew what happened. Naruto tried to kiss Sakura as Sasuke, but drinking expired milk prevented that. Sasuke knew he could not say the same things the original Sasuke said, but he knew one thing.

And that was whatever he says here, could shape how Sakura treats Naruto.

"I am looking for Naruto," Sasuke said, "Have you seen him?"

"Don't try to change the subject," She said, waving her hand away, "who cares about Naruto?"

'Here it comes,' Sasuke thought,

"He used to fight with you all the time," Sakura said, leading Sasuke to purposefully stare at her.

"Well," She continued, "He does not have a normal childhood so..."

"That is because he has no parents," Sasuke said, 

"Exactly why I find him annoying," Sakura said, "With no parents, he can do whatever he wants without anyone reprimanding him, he is so lucky,"

After hearing what Sakura had said, Sasuke carefully began to speak.

"Sakura, he does it for a reason, you know?" Sasuke said, "Your parents scolding you, is something Naruto would beg to have,"

"What do you mean?" She asked, full of confusion.

"Remember, there are always two sides to a story," Sasuke answered, "With having no parents, Naruto is alone, and just wants to be acknowledged,"

Sakura looked away.

"You should know that feeling as well, right?" Sasuke asked, turning away, starting to walk, "Meet you back in class,"

'Phew, let's hope Sakura is the same," Sasuke thought, walking away, 'if I am correct, Naruto should be in the bathroom for obvious reasons,'

When he reached the entrance to the bathrooms, Sasuke saw Naruto run out of the door and stop dead in his tracks upon seeing Sasuke.

"Oh uh, hey Sasuke," Naruto greeted, looking away from him, "I was heading to Sakura,"

"She is going back to class," Sasuke said, "If you are going to her, we better get to class,"

"Right," Naruto said, running away, "let's go then, slowpoke,"

'Even though I do feel bad for you Naruto,' Sasuke thought, running after him, 'What you did with Sakura was downright creepy, and I will not forgive you for doing that,'

A few minutes later, the classroom was empty, only consisting of Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke.

Naruto stood at the door, looking around.

"You find it weird as well, Naruto?" Sakura asked, looking at him, 

"Yeah," Naruto answered, "It is strange that our Sensei is so damn late,"

'That is Kakashi for you,' Sasuke thought, 'but I am excited about meeting the cyclops,'

Naruto went to the board and picked up the duster, placed it in the opening of the door and closed it to where the duster would stay.

"What are you doing?" Sakura asked.

"That is his punishment for being late," Naruto replied, smirking.

Speaking of the devil, a hand grabbed the door and opened it.

Their Sensei, or as Sasuke already knew, Kakashi, moved into the class, not reacting in time with the duster landing on his head.

The duster was occupied with the laughter from Naruto, "Hah! You fell for it!"

Sakura was more sympathetic, "I apologise Sensei, I could not stop Naruto,"

Lastly, Sasuke could only look away trying not to get roped in with Naruto's contagious laugh.

"Hmm," Kakashi started, putting his hand on his chin, "My first thought of you all is... a putrid one,"

Sasuke saw Sakura and Naruto feel dejected and he let in a little smirk.

"Either way," Kakashi said, "Meet me on the roof," 

With that, The one-eyed Jōnin disappeared.

Once on the roof, the three spotted Kakashi, who was looking over the guardrail down at the village.

"You guys finally made it," He said, "take a seat in front of me,"

So they did, and Kakashi began to speak.

"Since this is our first time meeting," He said, leaning against the rail, "Let us introduce ourselves,"

"What must we say?" Sakura asked.

"Likes, dislikes, hobbies and your dreams for the future," Kakashi answered, "you know? Stuff like that,"

"How about you introduce yourself first?" Naruto asked, "You are our Sensei after all,"

"Oh, me?" Kakashi asked, pointing a finger at himself, "Well... My name is Kakashi Hatake, I do not want to tell you about my likes and dislikes... My dreams for the future? Hmm... My hobbies? They are plentiful,"

"So all he did was tell us his name?" Sakura asked the two, 

"Now that I am out of the way," Kakashi continued, "It's your guy's turn, from the right,"

With that, Naruto began his speech, but Sasuke was not paying much attention.

'I think I can change my introduction,' Sasuke thought, 'wonder how Kakashi will react-'

"My dream is to one day become Hokage!" Sasuke heard this and prepared for his speech.

Looking over at Kakashi, he of course looked impressed at Naruto, but then looked at Sasuke, "Okay, now you,"

A breath in, and Sasuke began.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha," He began, "what I like is training and reading fanf-"

Sasuke stopped speaking, feeling his heart beating. He never looked at the other three's faces, because it will make it worse.

"Books, I like reading books," Sasuke corrected himself, "What I dislike is the time I am not spending with those things, and with my friends," 

He quickly glanced at Sakura and Naruto, but did not see their reactions.

"My hobbies are the things I mentioned earlier," Sasuke spoke, "For my dream..."

He froze.

It seemed time marched on, even though nothing moved except for Sasuke's thoughts blasting through his head.

'What is my dream?' Sasuke thought, 'Must my dream be acting out someone else? Mourning over never seeing my family or my old life again? Or is it... Damn it, I must answer,'

So he did.

Sasuke's vision and reality melted and began to cog up once more as he moved his lips.

"Despite what happened to my clan," He began, "my dream is to live a fulfilling life, doing the things I love,"

Once finished, Sasuke looked up at Kakashi, who looked surprised.

"Okay," Kakashi said, looking to Sakura, "now the girl,"

As Sakura began, a yawn escaped from Sasuke's lips.

'I forgot how tired I am,' He thought, 'I can only train with those weights once I get home,'

The looming tiredness that echoed itself into Sasuke made him ignore Sakura's introduction which of course had nothing to do with Sasuke.

"What a fascinating team," Kakashi said, "Tomorrow we will do our first mission,"

"Really? What is it?" Naruto questioned, 

"Survival training," Kakashi answered, 

"Have we not had enough of that in the Academy?" Sakura asked, 

"You need it if you want to be a Shinobi, but either way, it is compulsory," Kakashi said,

Kakashi took out three papers and handed them to the three, "This will show you where it will occur tomorrow,"

"Oh, and make sure not to eat breakfast as the training will be tough," Kakashi added, "See you guys tomorrow,"

Much to their surprise, Kakashi walked off instead of disappearing.

"Well, I am going as well," Sasuke said turning around and placing the paper into one of his pockets,  "Bye you guys,"

"Bye Sasuke," Sakura said, 

"See ya, Sasuke," Naruto greeted, 

After hearing their goodbyes, Sasuke walked off, and after a long walk down flights of stairs, Sasuke was out of the Academy, walking home.

'Hmm, should I go to Kenji?' Sasuke thought, walking, 'Better not today, I can ask those questions another time,'

Sasuke looked around while he walked, and sped up a little.

'I hope I don't run into Ino,' He thought, 'not for her pranks, but I don't have the energy for that girl,'

Luckily for him, Sasuke got to the safety of the Uchiha Estate before that could happen.

He sighed, "I better find those arm and leg weights before I rest,"

A moment later, Sasuke was on the training ground with the weights wrapped around his limbs.

'Okay,' He thought, looking at a tree, 'These weights should give me resistance when I punch and kick, so let's give them a try,"

Walking to the tree, Sasuke was surprised with not feeling that much pull from the weights.

'Maybe it's only when I kick,' Sasuke thought to himself, stopping at the tree.

Sasuke breathed in and pulled one of his legs up with more force, which only made him nearly fall. With that, he kicked forward, sending his leg into the tree.

"What the..." Sasuke said, putting that leg down and kicking the other one into the tree, "Weirdly my legs don't get bruised or scratched when I do this, but I thought these weights were heavy,"

Sasuke threw a punch at the poor tree, then another one with his other arm.

Like the tree, he was stumped.

"Kenji did not con me, I am sure," Sasuke said looking at the weights on his arms, "They were heavy when I purchased them, so why does it feel like I am not wearing them?"

'That gives me an Idea,' Sasuke thought, walking off the training ground.

When he returned, the infamous scroll was in his hand.

'I will take these arm weights off,' He thought, taking off the weights, 'Don't want my arms to rip off,'

Sasuke unrolled the scroll and placed his hands into a hand sign.

'Sealing Jutsu: Release!' He thought, watching the sword reappear on the scroll.

"Now, to check," Sasuke said, gripping the sword and lifting it.

"Nope, still heavy like always," He said, holding it up against himself, "So the weight does increase whenever I get stronger? Huh,"

Carefully placing the weapon back onto the scroll, and sealing it again, Sasuke thought of something.

'Kenji mentioned it when I was there,' He thought, rolling the scroll up, 'it was something to do with unsealing it in the middle of a battle, right?'

Though he had no interest in summoning a shadow clone, Sasuke decided to test it out anyway.

First, he decided to open the scroll a little, which would be around the width of the sword.

'Sealing Jutsu: Release,' Sasuke thought, seeing only the handle appear out of the small space.

Instinctively, Sasuke let go of the scroll and grabbed the handle, watching the sword appear as the scroll fell.

He then swung it down, making dirt fly once it smashed into the ground.

'I see what he means,' Sasuke thought, 'This could be very interesting if I play my cards right,'

Then, with the force of a bullet train, sleep came back to greet the excited Uchiha.

'Oh dear,' Sasuke thought, yawning, 'I need to sleep,'

Letting go of the handle and grabbing the scroll, Sasuke laid out the now unravelled scroll.

Moving to the sword, he groaned upon lifting the menace, and felt relieved once placing it down on top of the scroll.

Yawning once more, Sasuke made a hand sign.

'Sealing Jutsu: Seal,' Sasuke thought, watching the sword disappear into the scroll.

Rolling it up again, Sasuke did not waste time walking into the house.

Walking in, Sasuke continued until he flopped onto the bed in his bedroom.

'I can still feel the sun on me,' Sasuke thought, seeing some light in the room, 'it is a good thing my head is faced this way, because I may not be able to turn it,'

His eyes gazed at the scroll in his hand.

'Damn, I still have that thing in my hand, not forgetting the weights,' Sasuke thought, 'I don't even have the energy to shower,'

'Maybe I should not have laid my head down on this pillow,' He thought, his eyes slowly closing, 'Now I will fall...a...sleep...'

Without even realising what happened, sleep had capitulated the Uchiha's mind.

3