Chapter 7: The Bell Test
55 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite sleep being the victor, a gnawing feeling residing within his stomach gave way and routed the tiredness.

This led to Sasuke waking up.

The light of the sun, which was on him when he fell asleep, got replaced with the darkness of the night.

With eyes moving around the dark room, Sasuke groaned while sitting up, and grabbing his stomach.

"So... hungry," Was spoken from his lips.

However, Sasuke looked over to the clock to check the time.

"4...4 o'clock?" He asked eyes widened, "How long did I sleep?"

A growl came from within Sasuke's stomach.

'Right,' He thought, moving to the end of the bed, 'I remember being so tired I did not eat a thing,'

Reaching the end and placing his feet on the floor, Sasuke found a scroll in his hand, as well as a note sticking out of his pocket.

'Oh yeah,' Sasuke thought, 'wait, oh no,'

He took the paper out of his pocket and opened it, reading the contents inside.

'I definitely remember this,' He thought, groaning, 'but at least it is very early, so I can prepare at least,'

Getting up and walking into the kitchen, which itself was dark, Sasuke felt a little weight within his footsteps.

Sitting down on a chair at the table, he felt his legs.

'I still have these weights on?' Sasuke thought, taking them off, 'No wonder my legs felt like they were going to give in,'

Another growl came from his stomach, and Sasuke immediately went to the fridge.

He could have made himself noodles, but this was another time where if he had to wait, Sasuke was sure he would starve to death, so he instead took out cereal once again.

'There is my energy again,' Sasuke thought, eating a spoonful of cereal from a bowl, 'now, what can I do first?'

'Perhaps I should get ready, and with the huge amount of time I have before I go to school, I can train a little,' He thought, 'then I head to the area where the bell test will inevitably happen,'

The gulp that Sasuke did was occupied with disdain, 'Speaking of which, I better not change anything with this and try to make it the same as much as I can,'

'Even if I do not change anything, at least I can test out the skills that I learned,' Sasuke thought, nodding, 

Taking another bite, he looked over to the chair next to him, seeing a scroll laying there.

'I must not forget about that sword,' He thought, 'that reminds me, I must buy more weights from Kenji,'

With that, Sasuke finished the apparently appetising meal, and after doing nothing for a bit, he went into the bathroom.

After doing his daily routine, and putting on new clothes once more, Sasuke went outside.

Despite the rather dark and dim surroundings, he still wanted to practice.

Walking onto the training ground, Sasuke took out a few shurikens and after seeing what appeared to be a practice target, he began to throw them.

Seeing the sun's light starting to peek out of the horizon, starting at the roofs of the buildings around him, Sasuke stopped for a moment.

'That is enough of that,' He thought, pulling the shuriken out of the targets and placing them back into his tool bag, 'now to test out the kunai,'

Moving back to the same spot, Sasuke now held a kunai and attempted to throw it.

Once it stuck to the target, Sasuke looked at it.

'Huh, my kunai throwing is not as perfect as my shuriken throwing,' Sasuke thought, 'Either way, I doubt I will use the kunai that way,'

With a yank, he pulled on the chakra string that was attached to the kunai.

The kunai flew back towards Sasuke, but at that moment, he felt his eyes begin to spin.

Once that stopped, the kunai was caught effortlessly by the black-haired boy.

"Heh, Sharingan," Sasuke said, posing a little, "that was silly, but so darn cool,"

He took out another kunai, and did the same thing, ending with both kunai being backhanded.

"Anime characters get off so lucky," Sasuke sighed, "If I did this in real life, I would look stupid,"

Sasuke stared at the kunai in his hands.

'Hmm,' He thought, walking to a nearby tree.

Positioning himself under a sturdy branch, Sasuke threw both kunai up and focused on the chakra threads.

A minute later, he began to pull himself up with the kunai. Looking down, Sasuke let out a gasp.

'It actually works,' he thought, letting his body lean forward and backwards, 'I doubt it will be useful against Kakashi though,'

Sasuke carefully placed himself down, and pulled the kunai out of the branch, letting them fall, and picking them up after they landed on the ground.

He then groaned.

'It is probably not even 7 o'clock yet,' Sasuke thought, noticing the sunlight now touching every part of the estate, 'added with Kakashi being late, such a pain,'

Reaching into his tool bag, Sasuke took out a scroll.

'Time for the big boy,' He thought, 'so how do I do this again?'

After spending time getting into a form, Sasuke rolled the scroll open a little and took a breath in.

He stepped forward, 'Sealing Jutsu: Release!' 

This caused the handle of the sword to appear from the opening. Upon seeing it, Sasuke wrapped his hands around the hilt, letting go of the scroll, and began to bring it forward.

Taking a guess, Sasuke swung the sword, taking another step.

He felt the force of the sword through his legs, for they slid when the weapon made contact with the ground.

"Oh yes," Sasuke sighed in satisfaction, "that felt good,"

Swinging a few more times, Sasuke was careful not to overdo it, as the sword could take him with it if they fell.

"I'm going to stop now," He said to himself, rolling out the scroll and sealing the sword, "Must save energy for the training,"

Picking up the scroll. and placing it into the bag, Sasuke went back inside the house.

'Let me check that note again,' Sasuke thought, taking out the note from this pocket and staring at it, 'wait there is a time?'

"Oh," Sasuke said, "Oh,"

Placing the note on the table, Sasuke walked back to his bedroom and looked at the clock that sat next to his bed.

"I see," He said, "So now I wait,"

---

When Sasuke arrived at the meeting place, it looked just like it did in the anime. 

The area was a forest, perfect for training.

Luckily, Sasuke knew this was the place when he saw Sakura and Naruto, both waiting.

"Morning," He greeted, 

"Morning Sasuke," Sakura said, 

"Morning," Naruto said, "You ready for the survival training?"

"Yes, I am," Sasuke replied, "Are you two ready?"

"I am," Sakura answered.

"I'm not," Naruto said, shaking his head, "I hope Kakashi-Sensei hurries up because I want to eat,"

"Yeah, same," Sakura said, "I really wonder why he told us not to have breakfast,"

"I wonder as well," Sasuke said, feeling bad as he knew he had eaten.

After waiting for quite a while, Kakashi finally appeared.

"Hey guys, good morning," He greeted in a cheered-up tone.

"You're late!" Both Naruto and Sakura shouted, looking like they were going to rip Kakashi to shreds with their faces.

"Anyway," Kakashi continued, ignoring both of their glares, and took out a timer, "This is set for noon,"

While Kakashi spoke, Sasuke was still thinking about his options, and mostly did not care to listen.

'Hold on,' He thought, realising something, 'when Kakashi says begin, all three of them jumped in various places to hide, so I am going to have to cover my head,'

"Alright then," Kakashi said, 'The test begins now!"

With that declaration, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke jumped in different directions.

Despite Sasuke holding his head, he was able to land on a branch in a concealed position.

'Saved by Sasuke's abilities again,' Sasuke thought, staring at Kakashi, who was still standing, 'Now, Naruto should attack him now,'

As if on cue, Naruto appeared not too far away from Kakashi.

"Come on, fight me!" He shouted, folding his arms, "Or are you scared?"

"If you want to fight me," Kakashi muttered, turning to the side, "then come at me, or are you scared?"

Hearing that, Naruto dashed towards Kakashi, who reached into his pocket, making Naruto stop in his tracks.

A book was pulled out of the bag, and Kakashi began to read it.

'Oh great,' Sasuke thought, 'there is Icha Icha Paradise,'

"What is the book for?" Naruto demanded, 

"I just wanted to see what happens next," Kakashi replied, not taking his eyes off the pages, "It would not make a difference against you guys anyway,"

Naruto growled, "I will kick your ass for that!"

He attempted it though, first by jumping and sending a kick to Kakashi's face, which he squatted for, to avoid the kick. Once Naruto landed on the ground, he charged again, reading his fist.

The punch plunged forward, but hit nothing.

Kakashi however, still squatting, was now behind Naruto with his fingers together.

'Oh no, it's the thousand years of death,' Sasuke thought, clenching his bum, yet he activated his Sharingan, 'I do not think I need to use the Sharingan to copy that, but you never know,'

On cue, Kakashi thrust his fingers forward, right into Naruto's rectum.

This made Naruto do a cartoony jump.

"Leaf Village Secret Finger Jutsu: A Thousand Years Of Death!" Kakashi shouted, watching Naruto fall onto a nearby stream, and then turning back to his book.

After a while, Naruto jumped back out with a few clones. Of course, the real Naruto sneaked behind Kakashi to grab him, but then he used a substitution jutsu, causing the clones to fight amongst themselves, which in turn hurt Naruto.

'I better get ready,' Sasuke thought, watching Naruto walk over to the bell that is part of a trap, 'Kakashi should purposefully show a fake opening, and then that is where I can test a few of my skills,'

"What is this?!" Looking back, Sasuke saw Naruto get caught in the trap, and see Kakashi reaching to pick up the bell.

Upon seeing this, he took out a few shurikens and aimed, but felt himself hesitate.

'Damn it,' Sasuke thought, 'Even if I know Kakashi will use a substitution, I am still stopping myself from throwing something dangerous at another person,'

'Come on,' He thought, shaking his head, and aiming once more, 'I said to myself that if I hesitate, I will die. This... is my first trial,'

Taking a deep breath, Sasuke flung his arms, letting the shurikens slice through the air, eventually piercing into the one-eyed ninja.

As Sasuke had known, what he had hit was a substitution log instead.

'Okay, here we go,' He thought, jumping and landing on the ground, 'Now where should he be?'

Starting to walk, trying to find Kakashi, Sasuke heard a scream.

He realised it must have been Sakura, who was put under a Genjutsu.

"Ah, a member from the Uchiha clan, this will be interesting," Sasuke's eyes darted to where the voice came from, and it was none other than Kakashi, who was standing a few feet away.

Gulping in some air, Sasuke took out a few shurikens, and threw them once more, but were dodged by Kakashi, and instead flew into a nearby tree.

"Pretty obvious attack," Kakashi stated.

Then, Sasuke put his hands together, with Kakashi watching along.

'Horse, Serpent, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse,' Sasuke thought along, watching Kakashi's eye widen, 'Tiger,'

Sasuke took in a deep breath, and with a moment of hesitation, unleashed the breath in a flaming roar that engulfed the area in front of him, including Kakashi.

After the fireball cleared, Kakashi was gone.

Despite knowing where he went, Sasuke could not react in time, and could only look down to see a hand that came out of the ground, now wrapped around his leg.

'Damn it, I did not think Kakashi would do it so soon,' He thought.

"Earth Style: HeadHunter Jutsu!" Shouted Kakashi from below, before pulling Sasuke into the ground until only his head was visible from the surface.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings, Sasuke," Kakashi said, climbing out of the ground and staring down at Sasuke's head, "So this would not happen during a real mission,"

To this Sasuke nodded, and then disappeared, leaving only a space in the ground.

"Shadow clone?" Kakashi questioned.

Then, out of nowhere, he sensed something flying towards him from behind. Kakashi did not need to look behind him, as there was not enough time.

Looking to his right where he once was, a kunai flew past, nearly hitting its mark.

"Weird," Kakashi said, staring at the kunai, "That did not feel like it was directed to me at all,"

His eyes then gazed upon a blue line, and Kakashi gasped.

"Chakra threads?" He said, turning around, now facing Sasuke Uchiha, flying towards him.

Though, the Uchiha looked as if he would pass Kakashi and not fly right into him, which confused the jōnin.

But to Sasuke, he knew what he was doing.

With his left hand, he brought out a scroll, and unrolled it a bit, having his right hand in a hand sign.

Kakashi knew Sasuke was going to unseal something, but did not know what.

'Sealing Jutsu: Release,' He thought, instinctively grabbing the now appearing hilt with his left arm and turning his body to the left.

Now, with both arms on the handle, his left above his right, and the blade to the side, Sasuke lead the sword right into Kakashi.

Feeling as if it was the right time, he swung it, letting it slice into the jōnin.

Once past Kakashi, Sasuke looked back, seeing him turn into a log.

'Phew,' Sasuke thought, 'At least he did get out of there,'

Sasuke's worry soon turned on himself, as the sword, now straightened, shoved itself into the ground, causing it to stop, and Sasuke to land face first onto the ground.

"Blegh," Sasuke said, spitting out the dirt he ate,  and wiping his face.

"Those shurikens..." He turned his head to Kakashi, who was standing next to him, staring at the shurikens in the tree that he had thrown, "You turned yourself into a shuriken, letting your shadow clone be pulled into the ground, allowing you to ambush me, I am impressed,"

"Oh uh, thanks," Sasuke said, standing up, feeling exhausted.

"Though, about that shadow clone," Kakashi said, his tone lowering and a kunai now in his hand, "How were you able to be in possession of a forbidden jutsu?"

Sasuke jumped back from the sudden demand, his heartbeat rising, "I copied it with my Sharingan from Naruto, you see?"

"If that is the case," Kakashi sighed, "then that is fine, though I am sure you know what happens if you use too many on low chakra?"

Sasuke responded by nodding, and Kakashi continued, "Right, so I am waiting,"

As he took a step, a rain that weighed a ton washed over Sasuke, and he kneeled to the ground.

"I'm so tired," Sasuke said, breathing heavily, "I can't attack you anymore,"

"Thought so," Kakashi muttered, turning around, "Once the alarm rings, you know where to go,"

'He is probably going to stop Naruto from eating the lunch,' Sasuke thought, standing up again.

"Oh, and Sasuke," Kakashi said, turning his head so his eye is staring at him, "That sword you used... had more killing intent than any other attack you pulled off,"

Sasuke felt a jab to his chest, but he knew that too well.

Nothing else was said by Kakashi, and he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

A sigh came from Sasuke's lips, 'That was exciting, and knowing the battles that I will have to fight ahead, I am both scared, but also cannot wait,'

A loud ring caught Sasuke's attention, and knowing what it was, he decided to walk back to the three stumps.

While walking, Sasuke heard a gasp, and he was tackled down to the ground.

"Oh my God, your alright Sasuke," Sakura cried, holding him tightly, "I thought you were dead,"

"Let go...of me," Sasuke pleaded, having no energy to fight back, "Going to...suffocate,"

Sakura looked at him, and released him from the death hug, "Sorry, my bad,"

"It's fine," Sasuke blurted out, standing up again, "time is up already so we should better go,"

Sakura nodded, and the two continued walking.

Once they reached the place, they saw Naruto tied to one of the stumps with Kakashi dusting his hands on his pants.

"Kakashi-Sensei, why is Naruto tied up?" Sakura asked, watching Naruto squirm around like a worm in the dirt.

"That is his punishment for trying to eat before the training was over," Kakashi answered, "Speaking of which, I want to tell you all something,"

"You should all quit from being a Shinobi," Kakashi stated, getting shocked looks from Naruto and Sakura, but a nod from Sasuke, who knew about this rant.

Funny enough, Sasuke decided to ignore most of the speech.

"I will give you all another chance after lunch," Kakashi said, calming down, "you can eat, but do not give any lunch to Naruto, if you do you will immediately fail,"

With that, Kakashi disappeared.

Opening the lunchbox, and seeing the lunch inside, Sasuke knew he could not eat. 

"Here," He said, giving the lunch to Naruto, even though he could not take it, "eat up, Naruto,"

"What if Kakashi finds out?" Sakura asked, freaking out, "you will fail,"

"Naruto needs to have strength if we want to get those bells," He answered.

Hearing that, Sakura gave her lunch to Naruto.

"Thanks, guys," Naruto said, "but I cannot eat with my hands tied,"

"I am already on that," Sasuke said, pulling out a kunai to cut Naruto free.

Before he could do that, however, Kakashi appeared once again with an angry look on his face.

'Right on time,' Sasuke thought.

"You guys..." His tone was filled with anger and disgust, causing the other two to have wide eyes, expecting the worse.

"Pass," Kakashi finished, with a lightened tone.

"Wait, really?" Naruto asked, his face lighting up.

"Yes," Kakashi answered, "You were the first team to actually pass, as everyone else would just obey to what I said,"

"But you know what?" Kakashi continued, "Those who break the ninja code and rules are trash, but those who leave and abandon their comrades are worse than trash,"

"He really is cool," Naruto said in awe.

"So we are officially a team," Kakashi said, doing a thumbs up, "Our training ends today, so go get some rest for the mission tomorrow,"

This got nods from Sakura and Naruto, while Sasuke was still busy cutting lose a tied-up Naruto.

"Thank you Sasuke," Naruto said, stretching once the rope was cut open, "you know, I did not expect Kakashi-Sensei to pass us,"

"Well, what was that you said to me?" Sasuke said, poking Naruto's forehead, "That you must always expect the unexpected?"

"Huh? Hey, wait!" Naruto said angrily, "I did expect him to pass us,"

"But you did not expect me to poke your forehead," Sasuke said, making Naruto frown.

"Yes I did," Naruto argued.

"Okay," Sasuke said back, making Naruto fold his arms.

'It's a good thing that stayed the same,' Sasuke thought, 'Now, I can go to Kenji to buy those weights,'

With that thought in mind, Sasuke had a smile on his face as he walked with the newly founded Team 7.

2