[Vol 1 ] Chapter 15 : Upcoming Trouble
164 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Vol 1 ] Chapter 15 : Upcoming Trouble 

------------------------------------------

"Ok it's done. Now help me complete my assignment." Katsuragi said.

"Yes of course, we agreed with this before "

Rousin company came out from the office room after formally signing the contact with Katsuragi. If it were to be breached by any party the offender would be immediately expelled.

But then simultaneously everyone's phone rang .

"It says everyone should gather at the conference hall." (Fuutarou)

"Oh yeah,it's about time "(Katsuragi)

" Is this our welcome party?"(Khota)

"Hmm not exactly."(Katsuragi)

" Sorry Katsuragi it seems you have to wait a bit. "(Ryuji)

Katsuragi fixed his glasses and turned to leave.     " No, It's all right. I hope you choose wisely."

Rousin immediately stopped him , "Hey what do you mean? Is this some kind of a secret test or something?"

"Wha..where do you get these ideas? I just told you to vote for the right person in the upcoming election. There is no other meaning."

"Thank goodness. " Rousin was relieved.

"Um..election?"(Fuutarou)

"Yes election, A few moments later you'll all be voting in the Student Council Presidential election. As you are all in my team so i expect you vote for the candidate because of their policy proposals not for their looks. That's it."(Katsuragi)

" Come on Katsuragi , you can't leave us hanging. Tell us the full story." (Rousin)

"You know i get the feeling that you are using me as your personal Wikipedia page." (Katsuragi)

"Come on we are your friends. Better beware of the danger than sorry "(Rousin)

"It's not a big deal for us. Just don't make your vote public and it'll be alright."(Katsuragi)

" We just arrived. We are not familiar with the situation here. So why do we get to vote?" (Nariyuki)

"It's for impartiality. It is expected that the new students, without being bound by contacts will vote impartially .Because of established contracts it is most determined who will vote for whom.

 But the new students are the spoilers, as they are the largest in number your vote will be the deciding factor.But most of the time newcomers vote based on the attractiveness of the candidate ." (Katsuragi)

"Why would anyone do that?" (Nariyuki)

"Of course many will. Especially the newcomers like you tend to vote for the most handsome boys and boys to the most attractive girls.

I hope you don't do the same. I expect you guys to have better judgement."(Katsuragi)

"That's a bit too simplistic and the contact doesn't force you to vote for a specific candidate..right? "(Rouji)

"Many times the most important issues have a simple explanation. And yes it doesn't but usually most people do vote for their contractor. It's like a norm. "(Katsuragi)

"Isn't this a problem? The one with the most affiliates and contacts will win, regardless of his ability."(Mob)

"If one can coerce that many people to affiliate with him, then as far as the university is concerned that person has the talent for leadership.

There is no such thing as right or wrong in politics."(Katsuragi)

"What's the big deal? You people are making it sound like it is a Presidential election.This is just about the student council president not The President of The Repablic."

Everyone looked at Rousin. He was confused. "What? what did i say something wrong?"


" You don't even know that? I assume you don't even know what the student council is."

"Of course i know what a student council is. But why are you taking it so seriously?"

"This isn't your neighborhood high you living in a cave? How can a person be so ignorant." Katsuragi took the chance to ridicule him.

Fuutarou explained, " The student council president is a very important position in Estart university. Comparable to the President himself when in the academy or rather the student council is the government of the Estart university. It has its own laws, finance, and politics. Imagine the Estart University as a country within a country.

It has an extremely powerful position. It's pretty much guaranteed that those in the Student Council will be the influential people in the future. Like our current President was the vice president of the student council when he was a student in Estart.So yes, it is like a presidential election for us."

"Wo.. that means as long as I win the election i can do anything i want, great!."(Rousin)

"Not quite. Other council members are not elected and the principal can veto your decision and he has the authority to impeach the President."( Nariyuki)

"Ahh. Is this a university or some sub branch of the government ? Now it is sounding like an actual government."

"Because it is. When you are the President you actually have to run the entire university, imagine the paperwork, meetings and problems that you have to solve everyday. 

Though it has many peeks and privileges, i don't think you'll have the time to enjoy them. "(Katsuragi)

"Now it doesn't sound like a cosy position.You seem to speak from experience. Katsuragi were you in the Student Council?"

" Yes , you guessed right. I was nominated as the assistant secretary and it took nearly all of my in dating sim games. I had to cause a lot of trouble to get out from there.

What's more i was the unlucky guy who was selected as the lottery candidate in last year's student council president election."(Katsuragi)

"Lottery candidate? Do the candidates have criteria?"(Fuutarou)

"Yes, and it's quite high. Every block students can only have two candidates for each position. But the first year's representative is chosen randomly to participate in the election."(Katsuragi)

"So did you win?" Rousin asked cheekily.

"With the limited intellect of the masses they couldn't comprehend my policy no i didn't.

I think it's a bureaucratic error. I was more like an inauguration representative. "(Katsuragi)

"It appears you took the defeat seriously."

" I wouldn't if they had chosen someone with better ideas than me. I just don't want to see another good looking idiot as the President."(Katsuragi)

"Ah guys! If this conversation goes on like this we'll be late. If we fail to attend the event we'll be disqualified."(Khota)

"Right! let's hurry." " Ya" "fast!"

-------------------------------------------

The conference hall was big . And i mean really big. It was big as a football stadium.

Rousin couldn't see the other side of the wall from one side . He sat down on his allotted seat while marveling at the building.

(Man this is just the conference room.)

Rousin was in a good mood. Though he had to separate from his group to attend the event he would meet them after this as Khota promised them a treat to celebrate the founding of their group.

Rousin was really happy to be friends with actual anime characters. In a good mood he started a casual conversation with the student sitting next to boy had light-brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hi"

"Hello"

"Also new here?"

"No. I am from the third block. You seem to be new."

"Ya, just arrived. Can you see the stage from here?"

"You will be able to see when the lights are lit."

"It's very crowded here . Any idea how many students are here?"

"Hm.. fifty no at least seventy thousand students are here. And these are direct academic students."

"So there are more?"

"This is the main academy. If you count the affiliate academies then it will be over a few million.

What's more you can count the entire Estart city or the entire 8th continent as a part of the university. So,don't be too surprised, it's very different from any other parts of the world."

"Wow, It is really like its own country." Rousin greeted him with a handshake.

"Rousin Mikoshiba from the 11th region. Nice to meet you."

"It's a pleasure. I am Light Yagami. I am also from the 11th region. It's always good to meet people from home." Yagami responded with a smile.

But Rousin's smile became stiff. As they continued to chat Rousin's face gradually became paler. So Yagami asked, " Rousin are you okay? you don't seem very well."

"It's fine. I am fine. It's alright. I am just feeling a bit uncomfortable. Look it seems the inauguration ceremony will start."

"Yes, It was nice talking with you."

"Haha.. me too. We will meet again."

After that he stopped speaking and tried to squeeze himself on the other side to get away from Light Yagami as much as possible.

(Author! you can't just drop someone like Light Yagami so casually. I don't want to die! I am still a virgin!)

Though (Death Note) was one of Rousin's favourite anime he was absolutely terrified to meet a mass murder like Yagami.

( I don't care how much i liked him in the anime but there is no way I am willing to even breathe the same air as him. I cherish my life dearly. so i am not going to trust on the sanity of a genius sociopath for it.)

...

While trying to move on the other side Rousin accidentally hit the student sitting there with an elbow.

"Hey! watch what you are doing!" A soft but brisk voice screamed at him.

"I am sorry, I didn't see you there. Wait! Asuna?"


(Oh shit, i did it again!)

Rousin couldn't hold his tongue. It was too much for him to handle the excitement of suddenly meeting his dream Waifu.

Her confident pretty face with long, orange-brownish chestnut hair, hazel eyes and her very familiar voice, Rousin was able to recognise her. She was in a dress similar to the one she wore after the ordinal scale incident. So Rousin instantly recognises her.

Asuna stared at him for a moment then naturally asked with a hush tone, " Who are you? I don't know you and how do you know my name?"

"Um..mm..i am .. you know...the one with the.."

No solution came to his mind as continued to bumble. Everyone around them also started to take notice. Rousin was getting nervous .

Right at that moment a handsome boy came towards him and called him.

"Are you Rousin Mikoshiba?"

"Yes that's me." ( Isn't this konoe subaru? the one who was flirting in front of us in the cafeteria?)

"Thank goodness i finally found you. I have been trying to find you since morning but i got interrupted many times and couldn't find you.."

(Ya, i wish I could get interrupted by girls like that too . Is this guy here to show off his superiority? )

"Now please come with me. We don't have much time. It will start very soon."

"What is it? I didn't agree to participate in anything. "

"Yes, you didn't. But as the winner of ' the'Hidden package' you are the representative candidate of first year students.You also need to participate in the upcoming election as a candidate.

So prepare a speech quickly. I wish you good luck."

8