[Vol 1 ] Chapter 16: Turning point
152 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Vol 1 ] Chapter 16: Turning point


"Wawaa... Doremon save me! i will be dead . I don't want to stay here. Quick, take out the anywhere door. It's an emergency!"

"Stop jumping up and down. What's the problem?" (Doremon)

" I..i have to give a public speech on the stage a while later."

"So what?"(Doremon)

"What do you mean 'So what?' This is serious. How can you be calm knowing that you have to speak before fifty thousand people? I can't do that." (Rousin)

"If you don't do it you will be disqualified."

"It's alright I can live with that now let's go home."

"This is not the time to joke. This is a serious matter."(Doremon)

"I am being serious."

" I still didn't get what you were trying to say. I will prepare the speech for you. When you are on stage you won't be able to see the people in the audience, it's no different from a class representation."(Doremon)

"Really?... But still you missed the point. What if I say something wrong? I just made some friends i don't want to embarrass them. If I screw up it will be the end of me!"(Rousin)

"Oo..Hey Rousin stop panicking. The stake is not that high. Just calm down, we'll figure out something together."(Doremon)

Doremon was trying to clam Rousin but Luxion poured oil into the fire.

"Master you are behaving like Nobita now. We get it, you have by crying like Nobita won't solve the problem. I heard that those with low self confidence have this try fixing your attitude."

(This floating football is something else.)

"Who says i have low self-esteem? I am the main character in this world. I will have all the waifus in my harem.I am the protagonist!" (Rousin)

"Yes of course! My master is the greatest. He is invincible!

But just in case the master needs help, we have that thing , right Doremon?" (Luxion)

"What?"(Doremon)

"You know that thing that can erase everyone's memories instantly, right?"(Luxion)

"What? there is nothing like...Ahh, now that you mentioned it.. i do have that ! hahaha.. i nearly forgot about it."(Doremon)

Then Doremon took out a red switch from his 4D pocket.

"See! this is a colour..um.m..memory eraser. Just as Luxion said once i push this button everyone's memories will vanish instantly. So just keep calm and read out the prepared speech. Now you don't have to worry about screwing up, everybody will forget about you after the speech."(Doremon)

"Really then means I don't even have to go there. Just erase the memories of everyone in my speaking time."(Rousin)

"No no it doesn't work like that. This device can only erase the sounds from the memories but not the events."(Doremon)

"How is it possible to differentiate sound from memories? If you say something to me it's my memory. If the memory eraser can delete memories then it would be able to erase all memories."(Rousin)

"No that won't do. It doesn't work like that."(Doremon)

"Why not?"(Rousin)

"Why not why? Look, all you need to at least be present there , that would do. You are worried that you will say something wrong, right? see? problem you only need to be present there. You can at least do that, right master?"(Luxion)

Rousin calmed down, he thought for a while."Okay i can do that. Thank you Doremon, thanks Luxion, both of you are lifesavers."


Rousin and company were in the corridor of the stage. But from there they could see the entire stage and the audience.

"Guys I am sorry, i was unreasonable." Rousin apologised.

"It's fine." Doremon reapplied but Luxion remained silent.

"What is it Luxion?"

"Hmm..i was just thinking."Master were you in control of your body? since the master has three separate souls."(Luxion)

"Ha? well i didn't notice. Now i don't feel much resistance against my actions."(Rousin)

" Does that mean other souls aren't influencing your actions? and the way you behaved,does that mean all the souls have stagefright? "(Luxion)

(Hmm...Interesting...l)

"I am not sure. I just stop noticing and normalising my behaviour."(Rousin)

"Hey look it's going to start."(Doremon)


The inauguration ceremony was full of "big people". It began with a speech by the chancellor Daichi Fujiwara the current Prime Minister, encouraging everyone to do their best, a politician style lecture. It was actually very encouraging as the audience responded.

But Rousin being himself, was sleeping the entire time.

After that various teachers spoke, introducing themselves , explaining the curriculum and encouraging the students,of course Rousin missed all of that.

When the election was about to start, Doraemon woke him up.

"Eh..ha? what did i miss?" (Rousin)

"The election is about to start, prepare yourself." (Doremon)

"Attention everyone! Now our Student council Presidential election will start. The election will be completed in two stages. First candidates will introduce themselves and speak a few words then the voting would start. Every student present here is eligible to vote , Thank you."

With the announcement the main event began. There were eight candidates, One after another they came to the stage and gave a speech.

"Hey Doremon you said i won't be able to see the audience from the stage but I can clearly see the person on the stage." (Rousin)

"Don't worry. We can request to have a through-hourglass.(Doremon)

"Through-hourglass?" (Rousin)

"It's a large invisible glass. It is used to blur the audience for the person on is specially made for the people like you." (Luxion)

"Hey, shut up stupid ball!" (Rousin)


Rousin was the ninth candidate,so he was the last person to speak. In order to prepare himself this time he tried to listen to what they were saying.

As he kept on listening, he found everyone was basically saying the same thing. They promised to give more funds to the girls academies, maintain order discipline, punish offenders and uphold the dignity of the university. Except that everything else is flowery language or clever sentences and they made sure to list out their names, activities or achievement .

Also all of them pledged to uphold the current meritocracy. Only the last person said something like, "I pledged to look into the graduation matters, Thank you." and the entire audience was humming. Many were discussing among themselves.

"Is he serious?" "How is it possible?"

"Can he really do it?". "Well the president does have the authority to it." "Can you trust him?" " I think he is desperate and saying this to get votes."

..

"Hey Luxion what are they discussing?"

"Beep! They are discussing the imbalance in graduates between commoners and seems it's a controversial topic."

Rousin listened to a few of their conversations. He commented, " It appears that Katsuragi was right, people are dumb enough to vote for someone just by just looking at his face."

Even before the candidates spoke on the podium, the audience were discussing who to vote for. They girls were speaking stuff like ,"Kya!.. Ray-sama is so handsome!" "Manabu-sama looked so cool!" "waa.. what do i do I don't want to choose between Kaito-san or Zen-sama."

while the boys,"Yes!Ichinose-san waved at me! " "Shut up dumbass she doesn't even know you and only Kasumigaoka-sama will win." "Misaki-san you can do it! we are cheering for you." " Look at those simps with no backbone, a bunch of idiots, don't worry Rias-sama, you are the only one in my heart."

...

"Hahaha.. Master it appears that the competition will be fierce." (Luxion)

" These people are discussing their preferences about someone openly. It's creepy." (Doremon)

"Dudes uncool!" (Rousin)

...

Then Rousin noticed that the audience in the front weren't so roudy. Some of them asked a few questions to the candidates.

"Hey Luxion who are those guys?"

"Those guys are the pure aristocrats ,the cream of the top. Those guys won't be swayed by simple words. Look at them they are actively challenging every statement.''

"These guys seem to be the most unhappy about what the last guy said."(Rousin)

"Because these people are privileged in the current system. The last candidate gambled the others to vote for him because of his promises. Bypassing the interest of these guys, so obviously they aren't pleased." (Luxion)

"What are those in the second row? They also seem okay." (Rousin)

"They are the senior students with poor backgrounds. I decided to call them the civilian elites, the one you call middle class. It seems they are just following whatever the first row is doing." (Luxion)

"That's some interesting choice of vocabulary." (Rousin)

"Thank you." ( Luxion)

"Where did you know all this?" (Rousin)

"Do you finally understand? i am a beta 8zen familiar, my data analysis is second to none, you are lucky that someone like me is unfortunate enough to be with you. Now you should stop using dirogetory language about me and worship my brilliance." (Luxion)

"Yes, of course I should. Hail lord flying squirrel !" (Rousin)

"Announcement! 1st year representative Rousin Mikoshiba is requested to come to the podium."

Rousin took a deep breath. "Well it's time."

"Good luck!"(Doremon)

"Just don't die in a heartattack."(Luxion)

As he walked towards the stage Rousin braced himself for the worst . Little did he know it would be the turning point of his life.


[Please leave a comment ]

8