[ Vol 1] Chapter 17: What did you just say? you son of a bi***
94 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Vol 1] Chapter 17: What did you just say? you son of a bi***

---------------------------------------------

(Hold yourself buddy, don't faint, under any circumstances you must stay awake. , This is your second chance, reset your life! don't let it happen like last time.)

Rousin's heart began to pound as he approached the podium. He was having difficulty breathing. He was very nervous.

It might have been trivial for most people, but for him it's no different from climbing Mount Everest.

"Dammit it all started from there." he muttered.

He tried to forget the incident, but now again he remembered the greatest humiliation of his life.

He couldn't recall the reason but in the seventh grade he went on stage for the first time. He couldn't even remember the process. There he lost consciousness from fear and anxiety, fell on the floor and broke a part of his one front teeth. If the incident was just that it wouldn't have been much of a problem. Then what he did later-he refused to even think about it.

(Luckily I couldn't eat much for lunch, nor did i drink anything.)

Rousin cleared his head and tried to concentrate.

After a while he stood on the podium. He wasn't exactly an inspiring figure, so the crowd didn't react much. Most people lose interest after one looks at him . Others either ignored him or were busy chatting among themselves.

Rousin fearfully looked towards the audience. He was relieved.

(Thank God! What Doremon said is is unclear, i can't see them nor do i feel gazes directed towards me. This {through-hourglass} is really made for me. )

The boy relaxed a bit. He was sure he couldn't stand it with everyone looking at him.

Then he started his speech. He had the speech note right in front of him but even then he couldn't speak clearly.

"H..hello..everybody.. to meet you. I am...my name is Rousin Mikoshiba. I am from the 11th region , Tokyo town, Pallet city... Wait nonono it's the other way i mean Pallet town, Tokyo city."

His voice was stiff and everyone can see that he is uneasy.

Because of {through-hourglass}, he couldn't see the audience but he could hear them. He heard a few giggles and sarcastic remarks whispered at him.

(Oh shit! i am screwing up.)

As he continued to bumble his way through, he comforted himself that Doremon's {memory eraser} would help him clean up this mess later.

So he persisted bitterly. He figured it can't go any worse than this.

Not knowing someone in the corner will rack things up to eleven for him.

-------------------------------------------

[Some distance away]

"Miss Chabashira, what's with the gloomy mood?"

"It's nothing Mr Yashiro, I am just a bit disappointed."

"About the new students? Well i agree, they don't look particularly promising."

"I had some hopes for the student representative, you know last year's one was really something."

Then she looked at Rousin, "But nothing could happen by this boy. Lack of confidence, bad vocabulary, inability to concentrate. He might be lucky, but luck can get you so far."

"Can i disagree? I believe one cannot fully understand one's character if one is judged in a specific circumstances as it is unclear whether the situation is favorable to him or not.

May i take a seat?"

" Oh Mr. Moriarty, please. You are as classy as always.

But how will you determine what is a favorable situation? Won't that limit one's ability? By the way i was speaking about talent , and conviction is the root of talent. Talent will build the character. " (Chabashira)

Moriarty sat down. He continued,

" The character of a person determines the action of the person, thus his talent. He might not be even aware of his ability. Ability will limit himself when the character lacks conviction.

I argue, the character can and has the ability to generate conviction if certain conditions are to be fulfilled. Mostly in extreme conditions, not to the observer , but to the character himself." (Moriarty)

Chabashira didn't seem to be Moriarty said,

''Hmm... Miss Chabashira, the event has been quite boring We need some entertainment".(Moriarty)

"Hmm? What are you planning to do?" (Chabashira)

"An experiment." (Moriarty)

He took out an iron box from his court pocket. There were a bunch of buttons on it.

" is that the controller? Where did you find it?" (Yashiro)

He didn't answer. He pointed it towards Rousin and said, " Surprise me."

"Beep!..."

-------------------------------------------

Rousin suddenly felt odd for some reason. He was focused on reading out speech, so at first he didn't notice. But then he found he could see the audience. The {through-hourglass} was no more.(What the f***!")

The boy panicked, he did not see it coming. His pulse raced as adelin flow increased, He gripped the bench, his mouth went dry, his vision started to blur.(Calm down,calm down..deep breath..deep breath.)

He felt as if thousands of needles were pricking his body. Imagine you are practicing in front of a mirror then suddenly you are in front of fifty thousand people. Even the most confident person will be startled.

He tries not to look at the audience . He only focused on reading the lecture from the notes to distract himself.

But his bad luck wasn't over . While turning the page, the other page flew in the air and fell.(Oh f*)

His mind went blank, His hands became cold . He was in the middle of his speech but nothing came to his mind.

(Just say thanks and end this.)

But no words came out of his mouth, he was gripped by fear and anxiety.

One minute..two minutes.. five minutes passes by. He couldn't move, he just stood there, flabbergasted.

Rousin's sudden silence actually brought more attention towards him.

(Just leave me alone)He wanted to run away.

At this dire moment (as far as Rousin is concerned) a tall boy from the next podium spoke in a chuckle." Pardon me for Inturpurting student Mikoshiba, You don't have to stay here anymore, you can go back to your seat. There are other important people to speak to. It's fine,we understand."

"Hahaha" this time the students on the first row laughed out openly.

(What's so funny?)

The boy gritted his teeth, he knew they were mocking looked at the guy,

He is Zen Ryu, a tall handsome guy with sliver hair and red eyes. The guy looked like a vampire prince charming.

Rousin only knew he was from a high family and one of the most popular candidates in the election race.

He hated the guy for punching him when he was down. What's more He said it on the mic, publicly humiliating him. The boy was angry but didn't want to cause any racus.

(F*** it! This is not my place. I should leave- i need to quickly delete all these people's memories.)

Rousin was embarrassed so he tried to leave quickly. He stopped abruptly when he heard Zen say something as he went.

"What a farce, these people should have known their place."

He whispered, he didn't say it on the mic or too loudly but the Rousin heard it clearly.

It wasn't even directed at Rousin-it was a general comment expressing Zen's thoughts.

The boy turned around , Zen was interacting with the students cheerfully. He even heard voices of admiration from them, all of which are females. "Zen-sama is so handsome!" "Zen-sama! this way!" "Zen-sama! you are my prince charming!"

A bunch of thoughts flashed through his mind. Something cracked within Rousin. He wanted to bring down that fuckface. He knew it was better to avoid people like was more handsome, rich and more popular than him, there is no contest.

If it were any other time he would have just ignored it and moved on. But this time it was different.

A bunch of emotions are akin to anger and jealousy boiled up within him, forcing him to take the most idiotic decision.

(It's fine i can just delete everyone's memories. It's okay, i just want to show that dungface his place!)

In a couple of seconds Rousin came to his podium again , fixed his mic and said in a clear voice, " What did you just say? you son of a bi***."

---------------------------------------------

..................................

Please leave a comment and share your thoughts . 

If you don't have anything in mind just say hi in the comments, i world really appreciate it

4