[Vol 1]Chapter 21: Magic Trick
89 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please check out my new novel [The World is at stake!]

Sorry for the delay, this chapter is a bit rushed.

[Minor edits are done in the system]

" Doremon would the academy allow you to come with me?"

"It's fine . Luxion already registered me as your companion."

Doremon and Rousin were traveling on a bus to college. Rousin again noticed the technological gap. Just as the cars the bus didn't had any wheels, no shaking, the seats and the standing positions were separated so the bus didn't become crowded . All the seats were full so both of them were standing together, alone.

As Rousin was looking at the senary Doremon suddenly said," Oh! that's right...I forgot...congratulations Rousin for completing the first task. Your task completion rating is A+. Now you can have another gadget from me."

Rousin desperately holds himself back from punching Doremon. What kind of shitty system is this? Not only is the system useless it doesn't even provide rewards on time . What a waste.....

"You really surprised me. Probably this is the first time someone got an A+ task rating in the first task, it's incredible ."

"Wait! what do you mean by first? are you saying there are others like me with s...system?" Rousin asked tumblingly. But his hopes were immediately dashed," Of course, what did you think before?"

(no!!!!!)

Rousin's heart sank , not only he has to deal with the protagonist now he has to be extra careful about the self-proclaimed protagonist like himself.

Noticing the dismay on his face Doremon reassured him, " Don't worry you have me and Luxion with you. It'll be just fine."

(You two might turn out to be the biggest problem for me.)

" Okay where is my reward? Show it right now.." Rousin was still optimistic.

"Okay.okay. Just wait a bit." After that Doremon pulled out a watch from his 4d pocket. Without even asking him, Rousin snatched it immediately and put it on, nothing happened.

"Hey try to connect it with the {info glasses}." Doremon said while pulling out a small manual book from his pocket.

After connecting the watch with the glasses all the info. about the people he checked before appeared in the watch. It also projected a larger floating screen like those in the sci-fi movies. But Rousin couldn't find anything new.

" Hey Doremon, what about this watch? it doesn't seem to be much different from the {info glasses} i am using."

"Well even i don't know how to fully use this gadget . Its name is {Jack all Watch}, l never used it before and the manual doesn't explain much."

"So, another useless one."

"Hey don't badmouth my gadgets. This {Jack all Watch} is A+ grade, the {info glasses} is only B grade. So this one is extremely expensive. There is no doubt this gadget has multiple functions, it's just that I don't know how to properly operate it. "

"Really? Is this that powerful?"

" Also it is really important for the next tasks, tap the yellow button on the watch."

As he did new options appeared on his glasses. But unlike before these options are different.

Previously he was only able to see a person's status but now there are only two options [Emotions] and [Trust].

"This does not have anything to do with dot favor . Dot favor is how much the target favours you but these two icons are about specifically the target's current emotion and trust towards you. "

"How could you measure emotions? "

Doremon gave him the manual.

White means neutral, 

Green is positive

 Orange= negative. 

Yellow = surprise

Pink= happy

Red= anger

Violet= for complications (?)

(If i combine these two with Dot favour then is this...but)

" So is..is this kind of like a love meter?" he asked with hope.

"Of course not , love is an emotion that can't be measured. This is no visual novel, this is real life so forget any fantasy you have beforehand."

" So it's a useless gadget after all." Rousin was disappointed, he took out his anger on the gadget.

"Hey what did I tell you? Just so you know your next quest is to raise someone's trust to 30(Trustworthy). "

 [Ding! new task: raise someone's trust to 30(Trustworthy). 0/3

 time -3 days

penalty- none ] 

This time Rousin heard a robotic voice from the watch, showing the task.

(Now this feels like a real system.)

Then he noticed something. He asked with a bit of anger in his voice, " Hey Doremon why is this showing your trust is literally 0?"

"See it's working properly."

"What the hell man? I thought we were friends."

"Look i know you are a nice guy. But i think you are too gullible. So it's hard for me to put my trust in you."

________________________

As Rousin was preparing to give a long speech on how he's the most shrewd person on the planet he stopped abruptly, he noticed an incident happening in front of him.

An old woman got into the bus.She was frail and was clearly struggling to walk. But no one came forward to help her, the seats were full , everyone pretended to ignore her.

(Well some things are similar regardless of the place.)

Rousin felt bad about it. So he was going to ask Doremon to do something , but before that a girl got up and voluntarily gave up her seat to the old woman. Then she came towards them.

She is a tall, young girl with long hair that has a gradient from blonde to soft pink. her forehead is covered by part of her bangs and reaches down to her eyelashes. Two small locks of her hair extend down past her shoulders in her front.Wearing a white shirt and blue skirt with a tie on the chest.

 She looks like a Spice Girl.

After staring at her for a few he concluded,(Yap, there is no doubt about it , with that kind of appearance she is definitely the Marin Kitagawa from ( My dress-up daring). now how should I approach her...)

Then suddenly an orange dot appeared over her. Rousin realised his gadgets are activated and he was staring at her for quite a while. He hurriedly approached her.

" Hey nice to meet you. Thanks for helping her, you did great." After that Rousin couldn't find any more words to talk with her. Even he cringed the way he approached her. 

But Martin didn't seem to mind, she spoke naturally, "Don't mention it, you are a first year student too right? "

"Y..es. Rousin Mikoshiba from the 11th region, again nice to meet you."

"I am Marin Kitagawa. Nice to meet you too ."

Then they had a handshake, she was totally cool with it , the orange dot changed to a green one.

(oh just like that..so easy.)

After that they chatted about a few things. The moment she saw Doremon she laughed out immediately. She was cheerful and very easy to talk to. Rousin felt very comfortable talking with her.

After a while she even teased him, "Hey Rousin, ya you call me by my first name too, why are you so nervous talking with me?i am not gonna eat you or anything...he..he.." she said with a bright smile.

(Oh I hope you do. )

"Nervous? i don't think so. Let me show you a magic trick."

He came close to Martin , extended his hand behind her ears then pulled out a coin from air.

"Wow! how did you do that? that's awesome!"

"He.he this is magic. let me show you another one."

This is one of Rahul's hobbies in his previous life.At one point he even wanted to be a magician, he thought magicians are cool .

But the last time he showed such a trick on a girl she mocked him breaking his heart, but for some reason he felt bold enough to try it again. And it worked! Marlin was genuinely surprised. The green dot over her head turned yellow.

(It's really helpful for judging someone's emotions.)

After that he made the coin disappear using a handkerchief. Then he took out a rose from the same handkerchief from nowhere.

Marlin took the rose and smelled it, " oh it's an actual one, this isn't fake. Rousin you have to show me how you did it." The yellow dot over her head turned into pink.

Rousin was very happy that someone liked his magic. The fact that the person is a beautiful girl makes it even better. 

[Ding] a sound rang , he looked at the watch. There was 1/3 in the task. Then he used the {info glass} on her , her [Dot favor is 25] and [Trust 30 ], the highest he has seen so far .

But the good time didn't last long, the bus arrived at its destination.

(No wonder she's such a popular Waifu. She's simply amazing.)

Rousin really liked Marlin. She is very kind, friendly, cheerful, open-minded and outgoing, truly a dream Waifu. (I will have her no matter what!) Rousin vowed to himself.

As they were walking towards the entrance Rousin asked in an off-hand manner, " Hey Marlin what do you think about the new student council President?"

"I heard that that guy is an out and out pervert, i wasn't in the inauguration ceremony so i haven't seen him. Have you seen him?"

(F***!)

"Ye..aa... tha..that guy looks like a pedophile . ya i am pretty sure he's a runaway criminal. You should try to avoid him. Don't worry if you get into any problems because of him just call me, I'll protect you."

"He he okay my white knight, i'll be counting on you." her radiant smile made a mark on his heart.

After that they exchanged contact info Rousin and Marlin said goodbye to each other. 

 Then suddenly Marlin turned around and waved at him to say that they'll meet again , but Rousin was busy running as fast as possible in the opposite direction while trying to cover his face.

___________________

Leave a comment

5