[Vol 1] Chapter 2 : Who am i?
574 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[Vol 1] Chapter 2 : Who am i?


 

As Rahul read Rousin's diary it confirmed many of his previous assumptions.

Unlike normal dairies It explains his situation far more clearly , like an essay. And it's not so optimistic.

Rousin's father is a light novel writer .

 

In this world successful light novel writers are respected , financially stable and have a cult-like following.

Obviously his father wanted to be someone like that but so far no such success.

His mother is a small manager of a food company. As a student of Totsuki Academy She wanted to be a five star chief. But she got kicked out before graduation.

Rahul also found out that his sisters are not blood related but adopted.

 

(Pew.. Thank God they're not my real siblings. Hehe..It would have been very troublesome if they really were.

...Well this is the anime world so, I should have guessed .)

 


 

As he continued to read it opened up many frozen memories. After half an hour, he can't help but to say,

"You have very caring parents."

Despite being in a tight financial situation they really did everything they could to properly raise him .

 

As someone who lost his parents very early Knut understood the value of familial love. Luckily Rousin had plenty of it.

They also encouraged him to chase his dreams to become a painter .

 

"This is a very artistic family."

Then a natural question arose, where are they now? .

 

As Rousin tried to remember It , his head started to hurt.. After a few moments he got the answer.

 

About seven months ago he and his parents had a car accident. If it was his old world they would have certainly died.

But here because of advanced healthcare technology they all survived.

But despite that currently his parents are still hospitalized, while he's here.

 

(Something must have happened. I can't recall it properly. ) Rousin tried his best to remember.

After thinking for a while , he realized something . He reopened the computer and entered the house bank account.

 

His eyes became round looking at those numbers. Its -10 lakhs or a million EFD in debts.

(What!! I am in debt again?)

 

He gathered all the information as he grasped the full picture.

Though basic necessities are granted here but in the heath sector is dominated by black companies . It's not like they are breaking laws, but took advantage of laws for exploitation .

 

There are some laws that basically allows debt slavery and black healthcare companies are there at the forefront.

In this world almost all diseases can be cured. But their patents are monopolized .

Just as it allows innovation it also creates healthcare companies that charge ludicrous bills.

 

Also because of 'cure first' policy the patients had little to no choice. So in serious cases patients who couldn't pay ended up in debt bondage for a certain period of time.

Rousin and his parents were one of these unlucky ones.

 

----

 

What's more ironic is that he had the exact same amount of debt in his previous life.

 

"Debt really follows you even in death. For me it's literal."

Rousin sarcastically said.

 

-----------

 

Upon further reading of his diary, he couldn't help but be emotional."

His parents used their savings to pay for his medical bills so he can take part in the federal exam.

 

A student needs 90% or more to qualify to admit in Estart university.

Also he never told his parents about bullying.

 

As a student who never got more than 70% marks, he tried very hard and even went back to school.

But he only got near 85% marks. Although he still has a chance to get admission , he was incredibly depressed about this.

 

When he flipped the last page , a chill ran down his spine as he read its contents .

______________

 

Droplets of water appeared on his forehead . He confirmed it again.

" N.. Na.. Now that solves all the puzzles... I thought I got over it, but now I know how Alfred Nobel must have felt."

 

The last page was a suicide note.

 


Though he knew his new self is a very depressed person, suicide came right out of the blue. But it also explains what he was doing in the river.

 

" Well that explains everything. He probably wrote this diary with such detail in order to quell any suspicion..

Sigh..It's like those cases in South Korea. , There were too many expectations. So, he couldn't handle the pressure... Hmm. I don't know what to think about it."

 

Also Rousin was oddly proud person. He put on his best clothes to make sure his corpse remains in the best shape. The entire suicide note was filled with apologies and hopelessness. He just wanted to live up to everyone's expectation.

---

 

Rahul felt a myriad of emotions from the note as it opened many of his memories .

It took him a few hours, but Knut felt that he finally understood his new self. He understood Rousin's dreams, guilt and faults that are hard to describe.

 

It's not like he had some grandiose ambition, all he wanted is to make his parents happy.

Rahul was making a mistake imposing himself on Rousin.

 

At first he wanted to get rid of those emotions as those were not his own. But even so it's by fate that he is reincarnated as Rousin. His body still has some kind of Rousin's consciousness . Thus Rahul inherited Rousin's desires too and so, after a bit of hesitation he accepted it as his own.

 

Reborn Rahul wanted to live freely from any shackles, but now after accepting himself he also wanted to fulfill Rousin's wishes.

"Sigh, so even here l have to take responsibility . Rest assured Rousin, I will try my best to live up to those expectations. ."

 

When Rahul said that it felt that he took a big burden off his shoulder . His periodic headache also stopped. He felt far more relaxed and renewed energy in his body.

 

After reconciling with himself he was more energetic as ever to explore this new world.


 

After a few hours Mikan called him to lunch . Today they were having curry .

 

(.. It's been a day since my rebirth. Where is my system? What do l have to do to get it? I don't remember any specific way. Now I am getting worried."

The boy thought worriedly while having lunch. )

 

In most novels or anime he knew the protagonist got his cheats right at the beginning. Some are by accidents but after reading his suicide note he wasn't willing to experiment.

What's more in most of the fan fiction web novels protagonists get their Rpg system right after rebirth. He didn't like the abnormalities.

 

After rebirth most of the characters he met are harmless. But Rousin knows that this world has many powerful individuals that can crush him instantly. So needs a system to strengthen himself as quickly as possible.

 

If it's not possible then at least it can help him get rid of his debt , in his two lifetimes he wanted to experience at least one debt free life.

Rousin didn't want to be a NPC. He is the protagonist after all.

 

It seems Rousin was in his thought too deeply, Mikan was staring at him. Rousin realized it and tried to fix his posture as Mikan spoke,

 

"Rou, focus on your lunch.

By the way Suzuka called me and said that her work will be over before dinner. Then it would be night so you should go and bring her."

"Okey"

"Eh?"

"What?"

"A.. ah. No. Nothing. You are right."

 

Mikan was startled by the quick answer. As a shut-in, Rousin normally tries to avoid going out. She always needs to push him to do something.

 

So his quick acceptance surprised her.

(Did I do something wrong?)

 

Rousin didn't like the extra attention from Mikan. Many times he saw her staring at him suspiciously . He answered her question quickly to avoid attention but it seemed to have the opposite effect.

 

Rousin decided that he should avoid her for some time. He thought Mikan was suspecting him of something.

 

_________________________________

 

After lunch he went to his room on the second floor . While contemplating what to do next, he entered his room and stopped abruptly at the sight.

 

He looked at the pottery shaped blue ball for a moment and exclaimed instinctively " DORAEMON!!!"

 

Please leave a comment and share your thoughts

16