Chapter 6 – Misunderstanding
161 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What was she in such a hurry for? It must’ve been pretty darn important if she was willing to abandon my stir fried beef for it. Even I wasn’t willing to sacrifice my stir fried beef for anything, except a potential girlfriend. Now that she was gone I could finally wipe Alisa’s mouth. How could anyone continue eating when their mouth was plastered with oil and sauce? Weren’t they uncomfortable?

Thump! Thump! Thump!

Oh. I guess it wasn’t that important if she was already running back.

“You bastard!”

Huh? What did I do? As I dived through my mind to see what I could have possibly done to upset her I felt a sharp pain enter my back and two hands grab me. She was serious! I quickly turned around and grabbed her hands before dropping all my weight on her. What was I supposed to do now? Why was she attacking me in the first place?

“Allison, stop!”

Ms. Chang yelled at her seemingly insane daughter while Alisa sat confused. After a few moments Allison lost all her strength and passed out. Did she have PTSD?

“Are you okay!? I'm so sorry, my daughter has never done that before!”

“I’m still alive I guess.”

“Come to the living room so I can take care of your wound.”

I picked up the sleeping beauty and took her into the living room then laid her on a sofa. Of all the ways I could get hurt I didn’t expect to randomly get stabbed with a fork. I guess this family also had its fair share of problems. While I tried to figure out whether Ms. Chang would come back with a shotgun or a chainsaw she walked back into the living room with a first aid kit in hand.

“Lay down.”

So aggressive! I lay face down and was mounted by Ms. Chang. If only this were her bed and I didn’t have a fork in my back. I felt the fork suddenly get yanked out of my back and blood slowly spilling out of the wound. My shirt was quickly lifted and my back was exposed to Ms. Chang’s prying eyes. A piece of cotton was lightly dabbed on my wound and immediately afterwards it was doused with alcohol.

A sharp burning pain like no other I had felt before was spread through my entire body. It was painful yet stimulating, like being dunked in extremely hot cold water. The alcohol was quickly wiped away and some kind of ointment was being rubbed over my still burning wound. After finishing my treatment she slapped a bandage on my back and relieved me of her weight.

“Wait here, I’ll go get you a new shirt.”

She walked off into an unknown doorway and returned with a black t-shirt. I took off my bloodied shirt and- was suddenly tackled from behind. Not this again.

***

Where am I?

The memories slowly floated back into her mind. She saw a red car- she ran inside- she stabbed someone- she passed out. She passed out? Her eyes flopped open and she saw a man taking off his shirt. Serial killer, he was the serial killer! Why was he taking his shirt off? Why was mom still here? She dashed into the killer and found that she had just crashed into a brick wall.

“Get away mom!”

“Stop Allison!”

She was once again restrained and pinned into the sofa. She used her unrestrained legs to kick at her attacker and was suddenly grabbed by the ankles and had them lifted above her head and used to pin her. In any other situation this would be erotic and to one of the two parties it was.

“Stop hitting me so much, I’ll file domestic abuse charges.”

What? Did he take this as a joke? How twisted was he?

“ALLISON!”

She shifted her gaze to her mother and saw that she was completely fine as well as her sister who was silently sitting in a chair petting a cat. She finally returned her gaze to her captor who was now slyly grinning.

“Are you enjoying this? Let go!”

He released his grip and she plopped back into the sofa. She glared as he grabbed a shirt from her mother and covered his disgusting body with it. He slumped into a chair and stared back with a leering gaze.

“Have you decided to calm down?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Vaun Lee, eighteen, and I will just take it that you stabbing me was a sign of affection.”

This must’ve been the weird behavior her sister told her about. He had just been stabbed and was still trying to flirt.

“Leave.”

“Ally.” From the side her mother said her name in a stern tone.

“Aww, I feel hurt. Actually, I am hurt. With you stabbing me with a fork and all.”

“Sorry. Now leave.”

“Fine, fine. I don’t want to get stabbed again. Come here kitty!”

The cat leaped off of Alisa’s lap and into the perverts embrace. He shuffled his way out of the door and disappeared into the night. Sensing that the tension had dissipated her mother came and sat next to her.

“What happened?”

“I think he was the serial killer we discovered.”

“Are you serious! You stabbed a random man because he might’ve been a serial killer!?”

“If I didn’t he might’ve raped and killed all of us!”

“Then why didn’t he do anything after you passed out?”

“He probably got scared of being caught.”

“Ally! The facts are that you stabbed a man for no reason other than the misconception that he might’ve been a serial killer. You’d better hope that he doesn’t press charges.”

“He drugged us! The food he gave us was drugged!”

“You are the only one who passed out Ally. Even if he was the killer you have no proof.”

“How about you Alisa? Wasn’t he trying to grab you?”

“…He was going to wipe my face with a napkin.”

She definitely saw him reaching towards Alisa's neck when she ran back. Why were they defending him now? Had he threatened them? If that was the case they wouldn’t talk no matter what she did.

“Come to the police station with me, he can’t hurt us there.”

“Ally, we are fine. Are you fine?”

“…”

Why did neither of them believe her? Especially Alisa, she had met with him before and even she thought he was strange. She had to find out who he was immediately.

***

That was weird. I checked myself out every chance I got and the last time I checked my muscles were not as defined as they were when I took off my shirt. I also wasn’t able to overpower people with such ease either, even accounting for the fact that she was a woman. There was only one explanation to my sudden increase in strength. Eating human flesh has made me stronger.

“Fuck yes!”

This was what I had been waiting for! I had a way to grow beyond human limits now. I should go find more people to eat.

What is this pervert up to? I have to escape as soon as possible.

Oh yeah, the cat. I had forgotten about it. Would eating it make me stronger? What ability would I gain? Was it even a magical cat? It was very likely that my enhanced abilities have allowed me to understand animals. If that was the case then it was a waste of a perfectly good cat. As I plotted my next buffet I was hit with a wave of drowsiness. I guess I was still subject to human limitations, although I had lasted much longer without sleep than normal.

I continued driving and as soon as I got home I rushed into my room with my cat and flung my clothes off.

There’s no way this beast is planning to-!

No, I was not planning to do anything to a cat, what kind of sick freak would do that? I guess the cat didn’t understand that humans took off their clothes to sleep more comfortably. Hold on, how did it even understand what humans taking off their clothes meant? Was this cat a pervert or were its owners perverts? Poor kitty. I put on some music and lay down in my bed. Although it might cause some trauma to my cat I placed it on my chest and hugged it, it was far better than having it escape in the middle of the night and never seeing it again.

“If I start to crush you feel free to scratch me until I wake up, I won’t be mad.”

Why don’t you just let go of me then you psycho.

“I’m only doing this because I know you’ll try to escape.”

It kind of feels like he knows what I’m thinking. Hey, hey, can you hear me?

“Do you understand? I feel like you understand. Good night kitty.”

No! I have to get away! I can’t let anyone find out!

Hmm. Find out what? I was going to have to make sure it couldn’t escape.

Calm down! He’ll let go of me sooner or later.

I would not be letting go of you at all now. I stood up and went to find a towel to wrap the cat with.

What the hell? What is this!

It’s struggles were ceaseless but I was a professional at wrapping towels and within moments I was cradling a small cat. With my cat securely wrapped up I once again lay down and cuddled it to sleep.

You crazy fool! You brain dead toad! You half baked rock! Let go of me! Let go of me! Let go of me!

Wow, I had never had a girl sing me to sleep before, how calming.

I flashed back to consciousness and found myself mounted by a ridiculously sensual woman. The craziest part was that she was completely naked. It was like she was begging me to fuck her, I wouldn’t refuse a perfectly good meal. I flipped her over and pinned her down, just as I was about to whip out my sausage I realized something. I was dreaming, my actions and the events were too illogical. Now I just had to wake up… why wasn’t I waking up? Normally whenever I realized I was dreaming I would wake up. I looked back at the bed and found the woman lying there seductively.

Whatever, it was rare to have dreams like this, might as well enjoy it. I pulled out my little bro and found that he was significantly larger now. He had transformed from a  corndog into an anaconda, that was a bit of an exaggeration but still. My size never changed regardless of what dream I was in, if it changed in here then maybe it had changed in real life.

If I couldn’t get out of my dream then there was only one thing I could do. I slowly lowered my face towards hers and just as her lascivious grin reached its largest I bit into her neck and ripped out as much flesh as I could. She grasped at her leaking neck and her face filled with anger. What? This was the part where she was supposed to be scared.

Give me your soul!

She suddenly lunged towards me as if pulled by strings. I threw a right hook into her neck and knocked her back into the bed. I held her head down and dived down to get another bite. She was quite strong to be fair, if I didn’t have my enhanced strength she would have easily overpowered me. As I took another bite her strength waned, she was probably stronger than me when we were first embracing, that first bite must’ve taken a lot out of her.

Die! Die! Die!

Her struggles remained inhuman and her limbs twisted at insane angles in attempts to attack me. I quickly chewed through her neck until I reached her spine, despite my efforts she still hadn’t died. I hated fighting in dreams, it just felt like you couldn’t hurt your opponent until all of a sudden you could. The good thing about dreams was that you never got tired, essentially I could bash her skull in with my fists if I tried hard enough. I pulled her head back by the hair and started to throw heavy punches into her face. I had no idea when her head would pop but it had to eventually.

Thwack!

Spare me!

Thwack!

Save me!

Thwack!

I’m begging!

Thwack!

Don’t kill me! Please!

I had to be getting close, I could feel the bones in her face bending more with every punch.

Thwack! Thwack! Thwack!…

Finally! After a couple dozen punches her face finally caved in! The world around me rapidly collapsed and I was returned to reality… or at least I thought I was. Who was the girl with beautiful black hair laying on my chest sleeping? And how old was she? No, what had she done to my cat? Another dream? Should I kill her too just in case? Before I could come to a decision her eyes fluttered open and connected with mine. She tried to jump away but was stuck in my embrace.

“You rapist! Let go! Let go! Let -!”

I quickly covered her mouth so I could hear myself think. Was this voice?

“So this is what you were hiding.”

“Mphfphm!”

A shapeshifter? Now this sequence of events was a little odd. In all my years of living I had never seen anything to give me even the slightest idea that the supernatural might exist. But on the very night I chose to follow through with my urges I found a shapeshifting cat. It was almost like I was actually in some kind of story. What should I do? Should I just kill myself and end the story? Would that be part of the plan as well? I really hated when fate started messing with me. Not much I could do about it at the moment I guess. I did however have an adorable cat girl now.

“What’s your story?”

I removed my hand so she could speak and instead of speaking she bit down into my chest. This brat! I grabbed her by the jaw and pried her teeth off my chest then flipped her over and pinned her down. In the process of doing so the towel that had previously been wrapped around her slipped off and exposed two mounds of soft, white flesh. What a great opportunity! I placed my mouth on her chest and sucked in, causing her to release a squeak and tense up.

“Doesn’t feel that good does it? I’ll bite you everywhere you bite me from now on.”

Instead of the expected outburst of anger I was greeted with an outburst of tears. Fuck, I forgot this wasn’t an anime. This was a bad look, a terrible one in fact. If anyone were to barge into the room and see us I would immediately be arrested and charged with being a bully.

“Hey don’t cry.”

As I spoke I covered my cat girl with the blanket and she clutched it like a child hiding from the demons under their bed. I grabbed one of my t-shirts and tossed it over to her, she was petite so it would easily fit. Now I had to figure out the pants problem. I couldn’t let her out of my sight so there was only one choice I had.

“Put the shirt on and wrap yourself up, we’re going to get you underwear.”

Despite being blinded by tears she managed to emerge from under the blanket with my shirt on and a towel wrapped around her waist. I quickly picked her up and ferried her into my sisters room.

“Pick whatever you want.”

Despite being much shorter in stature her thighs easily outclassed those of my sisters. Maybe if that weakling had done some training with me she could have kicked her rapists to death, she might have even had the same abilities as me and grown stronger by eating them.

Did my dad also have my abilities? That might explain where I got my abilities from. I had learned most of my principals and skills from him and had refined them to suit my needs. Overall he was a good dad, I wouldn’t have settled for any other father. It was a shame I couldn’t share my discoveries with him, me and him combined were a duo that could throw the world into chaos. He had always been on the saner side though, probably wouldn’t torture people like I did, just kill them.

My mom… Fuck, I need to stop reminiscing. I glanced back at my new housemate and found her staring back at me.

“What? Is there nothing that fits?”

“Turn around.”

Oh shit, I forgot about that. I turned around and kept my ears open, the next time I got bit it might be my neck. I listened carefully to the clothes shuffling and waited.

“I’m done.”

I turned around and found her in a pair of baggy sweatpants that clearly didn’t fit properly. It was good enough though.

“Sit down, let's talk.”

She dropped into my sister's bed and I prepared my questions.

“What’s your name?”

“Elaine.”

“Age?”

“Nineteen.”

No way! But that would explain her body proportions quite decently…

“What are you?”

“…”

“A shapeshifter? Werecat? Witch? Or was it some kind of potion?”

“…”

“If you don’t tell me I’ll just eat you and find out.”

“I’m a shifter!”

“Can you transform into other things?”

“Only a cat.”

“That’s a pretty useless skill. Can you get stronger? Like turning into a tiger or a lion or something?”

“Yes.”

“How?”

“I need to consume the blood of other cats to increase the strength of my bloodline.”

Huh. If the blood of other cats could increase her strength then was it the blood of other humans that increased my strength?

“Just buy some blood then.”

“It must be the blood of freshly killed prey.”

I also met those conditions.

“Is that the only way?”

“No, as I grow older I’ll slowly grow stronger.”

“Is there a limit?”

“Not really, but as I grow stronger the increase in strength will start to feel less and less significant.”

“So theoretically it’s endless?”

“Yes.”

Wonderful. This was great news!

“Do you have a place to go?”

“… No.”

“Where did you get your powers?”

“I was born with them.”

What is this? I seem to be sensing some conspiracy. How does a shapeshifter end up on the streets kidnapped by some random man looking for a cat. Where were her parents? I would have to keep a close eye on her, she had further solidified herself as my key to the unknown.

“Do you wanna stay with me? My sister's room is empty.”

She gazed at me with dubious eyes and started running calculations. I hoped she would say yes because regardless of what she said she would be staying here.

“Sure, sure, I’ll stay. I have nowhere to go anyways.”

“Make yourself comfortable and take anything you want from the fridge. I'm gonna go out for a while.”

***

“The balance of the realms have shifted, the underworld is now on the path of consuming the overworld. The responsibility to return the balance of the realms to their original state and ensure that the realms do not collapse has fallen upon us.”

***

“Now is the time, we will seize this chance to return this world to its natural order. The greed and desire of humans has transformed this wonderful paradise into a landscape of suffering.”

***

“Have you discovered what the anomaly in Los Angeles is?”

“We have traced it to a dream type anomaly. Estimated to have a power rating of two”

“Send someone to go deal with it, we can’t afford to let even the smallest threat go.”

***

Elsewhere a black tiger the size of a semi-truck with rippling muscles had just finished ripping out the throat of a wolf similar in size yet slightly larger. Upon clearing the area of the many other wolves of varying size alongside a significantly smaller black tiger, both tigers slowly morphed and melded into humans. One with the build of a professional bodybuilder and the other with the build of a professional athlete.

One striking feature they both shared was jet black hair, although the bigger of the two sported a full beard of masculine style.

“Puh! The blood of dogs tastes horrible as always! Rufus! Has your sister been found yet?”

“No, father.”

“Stop playing with those girls of yours and go fetch your sister! It will be disastrous if she falls into the wrong hands!”

“Yes, father.”

[Writers Notes - And so it begins, what secrets lie hidden in the world? Where do these powers come from? And who exactly is Elaine?
Also, tricked ya didn’t we? Allison gets to live, for how long? Who knows?
Notes are kinda short, apologies.

Cheeky Note From Scumbag Writer - There are a very large amount of unreleased chapters on our patreon as well as other fun stuff, check it out if you want.]

2