Chapter 5 – Master Baiter
170 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Driving back to the station only intensified her memories of the scene. How twisted would someone’s mind have to be in order to burn a woman's thing like that then pour salt on it? Worse than that was what he did to the child, she would never be able to recover from what he had put her through. He deserved to have his thing bitten off by rabid dogs and then have acid poured on it!

“Hey Allison, who do you think could’ve done this?”

“I don’t know. We’ll have to check local camera footage for evidence”

“I meant what kind of person would do this.”

“…”

While examining the bodies she had noticed that the killer had heavily damaged the genitals of both victims. It was very likely that the killer had extremely strong psychological issues regarding sexuality. The motive was unclear but preliminary investigations found a link between the male victim and a gang. As of now that was the only lead they had. A short drive and countless racing thoughts later they arrived at the station.

After filling out an official report and submitting it she sat down to think. There was no security footage of the actual event due to the area it took place in. One of the witnesses had cracked and gave them a basic description of what took place. They heard glass shattering and looked outside, what they saw was a man in purple breaking windows from inside then leaving on foot and taking license plates. This was their starting point!

Official records found that the license plates stolen belonged to the male victim. It was possible that the killer had used those to cover up their own license plate. Since there were no cameras on scene they would have to check the surrounding area. What people didn’t realize was that going on paths with no cameras didn’t make you untraceable, it actually established that you took a specific route without cameras.

Now she just had to check the cameras on the edge of the blind zone and confirm that the suspect wasn’t caught on any of the cameras. The estimated time of the crime was around twelve in the morning. It would be difficult to find the suspect based on the description alone as his apparel was very common in that area and checking every car's plate one by one would be extremely time consuming and have nearly zero results. For now that would be exactly what they were doing until more information could be found.

When she finally got off of work again it was nearly night again. She couldn’t erase the image of that family from her mind regardless of what she tried. Even catching up with her missing sister fell below catching the killer on her list of priorities. Every moment he was out there was another moment he could be spending creating a victim. It wasn’t just his fault for harming them, it was also theirs for not stopping him. Every victim was a person, not just a statistic. It could be someone’s sister, brother, mother… or father.

The belief that you would never be a victim was what allowed people to live their carefree lives, but someone had to be a victim. They didn’t just magically phase into existence for the sake of being a victim. No one ever understood how a victim felt until they became one. That was why she couldn’t allow this madman to continue his rampage. As she entered her house she was suddenly captured by scrawny arms!

“Hi Ally!”

“Get off me you brat. Don’t think you’ll get off easy just because you hugged me.”

She grabbed her scoundrel of a sister and pinned her down before unleashing the tickle monster.

“Sto- stop. I ha- have so- some- thing to- say”

What? Did something happen? She chained up the tickling monster and remained on top of Alisa.

“What happened?”

“I met this really weird guy at the gas station.”

“What did he do to you?”

“Well, I was trying to rob him but then he caught me-”

“You were trying to rob him?”

“That's not the important part! when we got to the police station he helped me get away and started flirting with me...”

“And then?”

“And then mom came to pick me up.”

“How was that weird? He just helped you.”

“When he caught me he-”

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Who was knocking this late at night? She went to the door and looked out of the peephole to see an asian man with a black cat. Alisa peered out from behind her.

“Who is it?”

“Some asian guy with a cat.”

“The guy who caught me was asian too, let me see.”

Alisa looked through the peephole before suddenly jumping back.

“It’s him!”

***

Since I was slowly becoming a main character I should test something. I found Alisa’s number and traced it using an online phone number tracer. I had always been amazed by how easy it was to find people using the internet. While waiting for my cat to finish eating I stir fried the leftover beef and cooked some rice. Off to the side I had cut up some chicken and vegetables and was simmering it in a pot. Once I finished cooking I packed everything into containers and took it along with my cat into the car then started driving.

Where is this stingy bastard taking me?

Honestly I didn’t want to take you with me but who knows if you would escape if I left you alone. Wait, did it just call me stingy? Anyways there was no way I would let a talking cat escape from my grasp, this was my key to the unknown. After driving in confusion for a while I arrived at what I assumed was Alisa’s house. I got out with my cat and knocked on the door. After a few thumps from inside the house and awkward silence the door opened and I was met with a beauty of magnificent proportions. Silky black hair, brown almond shaped eyes, sharp nose, and wonderful figure, a spectacular piece of art indeed.

But this wasn’t Alisa, her older sister perhaps. Oh, there she was, hiding behind her sister.

“Hello!”

“Hi.”

“How’s Alisa?”

“She’s okay.”

“Really? Seems to me like she’s hiding from me.”

“She’s just embarrassed about what she did to you.”

“Oh! That. It’s fine. I won’t blame a child for trying to survive. Anyways, I brought some food, she must’ve been hungry if she was desperate enough to rob someone with a fake gun.”

“Shut u-”

The small fool opened her mouth but before she could finish speaking she had her mouth sealed by her sister.

“Thanks for the food.”

As I handed the food over to her, a lady walked out from a doorway. Holy shit! A cougar! So this was where they got their genes from. As she saw me she suddenly rushed over.

“Hello! Who are you?”

“I’m Vaun, the one who found your daughter.”

She turned to the older daughter and lightly slapped her arm.

“This is your sister's savior! Why didn’t you invite him inside?”

“Oh it’s fine. I don’t want to be a burden on your family.”

In response to my words she grabbed me by the arm and dragged me inside.

“See, it’s fine. We won’t bite. Now that you’re inside, why don’t you take off your shoes?”

I should’ve expected this. She might’ve been a beautiful rose on the outside but she was still a cunning predator on the inside. I had never been taken into a woman’s house so aggressively. Poor me, I had no choice but to take off my shoes now.

“Is that your cat?”

“Yeah, I found her on the street.”

“It looks like you have a knack for picking up lost things.”

As she spoke she shot a glare at the small girl shuddering behind her older sister.

“Well, I’m glad she isn’t lost anymore. The world can be a scary place sometimes.”

“Yes… Let’s go eat!”

She grabbed the food and briskly walked to the dining room. By the time we shuffled over to the room she had already taken out all the food and was grabbing more dishes from the fridge. It was very fortunate that I had cooked enough for an entire family. The mother daughter trio quickly set the food out and sat down to eat while I was left standing awkwardly. Who was I supposed to sit by? Should I not sit by anyone at all? I didn’t want to make a bad impression.  The mil- I mean Ms. Chang noticed my awkwardness and quickly stood up and sat me down across from the older daughter before returning to her seat.

“Let’s eat!”

I leaned over the table and scooped a large portion of the beef into Alisa’s bowl. She might’ve had a better chance against me if she had eaten more meat. I did the same for the eldest daughter and pushed the rest to Ms. Chang. It was embarrassing to eat the food you brought for someone else to eat. The cat hopped off my lap and climbed into Alisa’s who quickly proceeded to rub and play with her. Was this scoundrel going to steal food from an idiot? The older daughter seemed hesitant about eating the food I made but after tentatively taking a bite of the beef she started to shovel it down her throat.

In my many years of planting myself in the hearts of girls I had learned that the easiest way to a girl's heart was through her stomach. Even if I didn’t care about women I would still care about what I ate, it was one of the few things I enjoyed in life. I was expecting the mother to say something at any moment now.

“…”

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

Yes!

“No, I’m single right now.”

“Are you planning on getting a girlfriend?”

“I want to wait until I can provide for her but I don’t mind having one.”

“How about my daughter?”

From her seat Alisa voiced her complaint.

“Mooom”

The older one was much nicer but I would settle for Alisa, I could always grow her into a beauty.

“I’d be very glad to receive some company, do you perhaps have someone in mind?”

“Oh really? What do you think about that Allison?”

What? Was her name actually Allison? Alisa, Allison, Alisa, Allison. They’re kind of similar but not really. As I was in the middle of having a mental stroke the older daughter spoke.

“I don’t want a boyfriend, mom.”

Woah, she was single? There had to be a flock of guys pestering her no matter where she went. According to my high speed mathematical analysis she was either a lesbian or just lost her interest in guys after rejecting them all the time. Wait a second, was Ms. Chang talking about her?

“You are already twenty two, time isn’t going to wait forever.”

“I have more important things to do, this world isn’t going to keep itself safe. Just today we discovered another potential serial killer.”

Oh right! I forgot that I did that. I’m surprised they still hadn’t found out about Mr. Richards.

“Don’t talk about that while we are eating and stop running away from relationships, you are going to get married sooner or later, why not sooner?”

“You know how I feel about guys mom.”

“Not every guy is the same”

As Ms. Chang spoke she shot a glance towards me. That was a very wise statement from a very wise person, not every guy was the same. Some had just finished murdering an entire family and were eating dinner, others were busy trying to get mothers to convince their daughters to fall in love. Fortunately I was different, I was trying to make a mother fall in love.

“It’s okay, you can’t force love to exist. Your daughter seems to be pursuing a goal she wholeheartedly believes in. Loving someone would only serve to hinder her progress.”

She released a sigh before she continued to speak

“if only my daughter were half as mature as you are.”

“I’m sure she has her reasons.”

“…”

The rest of our meal consisted of Alisa sneakily giving meat to my cat, Allison gobbling food like a garbage dispenser, and Ms. Chang seductively eating food, in my opinion at least. I simply found random side dishes to help push rice into my still somewhat full stomach. It almost felt like I was eating with my own family again, which only served to remind me that I would never be able to do so again... Everything seemed to be going calmly until Alisa suddenly saw something on her phone.

“Hey Ally look at this.”

***

“What?”

As she scanned her sister's phone she glimpsed ‘Officers Family Killed in Brutal Recording!’ She snatched her sister's phone and scrolled down.

‘At 7 p.m. this evening a recording of the torture and murder of an officer and his family was released and circulated around the internet. The assailant has not been identified but earlier in the day this car was caught trailing the officers car from the police station. It is possible that the assailant is affiliated with one of the local gangs in the area who call themselves the “Vipers” and the police are currently on the hunt for members of that gang.’

A picture of a red sedan taken from behind was displayed. Even the license plate was visible. J - 6 - X -D -9 -7 - 3… That was the plate that was taken from the victim of her case! The killer didn’t stop after the first family! They went for another one right after! This more than likely meant that they were probably going after their next victim at this very moment! Would it be another police officer or a gang member? Or even just a random civilian? She didn’t have time to figure it out but she would have to try her best. She sprinted out of the dining hall and grabbed the keys to her car.

As she sprinted outside she noticed an unfamiliar car parked in their driveway, it must’ve been Vaun’s car… wait… it was a red sedan.

I met this really weird guy at the gas station today.

I was trying to rob him but then he caught me.

When we got to the police station he helped me get away and started flirting with me.

Why would a guy who was getting robbed suddenly start to flirt with the robber? No normal person would capture a criminal and then start flirting with them. How did he even know where they lived? Following the time frame that she had seen, the killer would have arrived at his next victim by now. If he was targeting criminals and police officers then…

That scumbag! If he had done anything to her family- no he couldn’t have done anything to them yet, he couldn’t have! She had only been gone for a moment!

She scrambled back inside and rushed into the dining room to see Vaun lunging towards her sister's neck.

“You bastard!”

She rushed over and grabbed a fork before impaling it into his back. She attempted to pull him away but it was as if he was a steel pole. Before she could do anything else he suddenly turned around and grabbed her by the wrists before pinning her into the ground with his body.

“Run Alisa! Get mom and run!”

As she struggled she slowly lost strength, had the food been drugged? Would her mother and sister still be able to escape? She had to keep him occupied for as long as possible! She continued to fight as her vision slowly faded to black.

[Writers Notes - There are indeed phone number tracing websites on the internet easily accessible to anyone, you don’t need to know why we know that.
 
What’s up with the cat? We dunno, our head told us to add a telepathic cat so there it is.
And poor Allison, you must’ve thought she was going to become an important character didn’t you? Unfortunately, that isn’t how life works.

Cheeky Note From Scumbag Writer - There are a very large amount of unreleased chapters on our patreon as well as other fun stuff, check it out if you want.]

4