Chapter 21 – A Lesson
63 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[NSFW]

We decided to crawl inside the ship to see what it looked like inside. I lied, I sent the boys in to set everything on fire. I jetted around underwater and crushed the limbs of any person I saw using my water manipulation abilities. With the loss of motor function they sluggishly sank towards the dark depths of the ocean. In the middle of my playtime I was blindsided by a soldier that was sliding through the water just as fast as me.

The only difference between me and him was that I had weapons and he didn’t. Oh, nevermind, he had a spear now. I pulled some metal from nearby and trapped him inside. He tried using water to push me away but I countered with my water control. I formed the metal into spikes and slowly forced them into his body. Blood dispersed into the surrounding waters and I continued squeezing until I no longer felt anything resisting the metal.

Now that I remembered I had control over metal I darted around stabbing soldiers with metal spears. The boys had finished tearing through the ship and left it to sink. I had one of them come over and consume the corpse of the water manipulator. We swam around messing with the soldiers until the entire area around us was clouded with blood. When it got too hard to see we did flyby’s and made the water boil.

The total number of chimeras had gone up to eleven and I was satisfied with our slowly but surely increasing strength. It seemed like the requirements to grow stronger were increasing as well. I had killed hundreds this time but my strength had only gone up by two levels, different from the time when I could kill fifty people and become three times stronger.

I waited for the blood to attract some sharks and random animals so my boys could eat. What I didn’t expect was for sparks to start appearing inside of the pool of blood. I had attributed it to some kind of electrical component inside the ship but then it started slithering around. I had no idea how the boys would respond to being electrocuted but I was sure I would be fine. I had them dive in with instructions to immediately attack as soon as they made contact, preferably with their venom.

We made contact with water and they began jabbing blindly towards the electricity. Through the blood I could see a gigantic figure swimming around with sparks of electricity emitting from it. Dark blood spilled from the holes where it had been punctured and more blood continued to spill as the boys latched on and began injecting more venom into it. It released a gigantic blast of electricity and paralyzed all of us, unfortunately we were all latched on and the paralysis only made the boys inject more venom.

Its struggles slowly toned down as the venom worked its way into its system. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on stronger venom. It floated to the surface and I took off my helmet and took a couple bites. After feeling it sit in my stomach for a moment I began having cramps… which soon evolved into my flesh literally pulling itself apart. I crumpled onto the body of the serpent from the loss of control and lay there in immense pain. This was ass!

“Fuuuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!”

After a minute the pain subsided and I regained control. As always I tried to emit electricity and sparks shot out of my hands. Fuck, I should’ve eaten that wierd fire lizard. I had gotten so used to powers being gained from my chimeras eating that I had forgotten to try it myself. But it didn’t work when I ate all those zoo animals. Maybe if I had a little bit of the blood from them… technically they should have some of the lizard's DNA. I had one of them stop eating and draw a little blood for me to drink.

After drinking the strangely delicious blood my entire body began to burn up, literally. Flames sprouted from my skin and from the way my insides felt, they had sprouted inside of me as well. The heat crawled out of my torso and into my throat before escaping from my mouth. I tried shooting some electricity out and found I could still do that as well. The boys followed in my footsteps and their normally flaming appearance now had sparks intermingled within.

Would more powerful creatures appear if we sat here and waited? Would we even be able to kill them? I had the boys, who were now twelve in number, fly a minimum of one kilometer up just in case some sea monster jumped up and swallowed us whole. We waited for a whole ten minutes before continuing our journey to Madagascar, which would be significantly shortened because of the massive strength boost.

***

“Sir, we’ve lost contact with one of our naval ships.”

“Any enemy craft detected in the area?”

“No, the last transmission mentioned some kind of creatures.”

“Any survivors?”

“No contact as of now.”

“Send a bird on a fly by.”

***

If I remembered correctly this was the right conservation park. We just had to fly around looking for rivers.

It took less than ten minutes for us to find the spider we were looking for. The Darwin bark spider, known for having the strongest webbing, which was also the strongest biomaterial known to man. We instantly dived down and consumed it. The boys tails shook for a while before calming down. I had them spray some webbing and found that the range was rather unsatisfactory. I should probably pay a visit to the Amazon once I go back. We continued on our way to the land of the most deadly animals.

Before heading inland to find our slithery venom boys we took a couple dives around the coast and ate a couple jellyfish, a stonefish, and a blue ringed octopus. Once finished with our little appetizers we went inland and flew around eating each and every snake we found. I couldn’t tell what exactly each snake was but I was sure that if we ate enough one of them would be the right one. We spent around thirty minutes flying back and forth crashing into the ground occasionally before I decided that we had gotten the right one. Back to the Amazon it was!

***

“Boss, we’ve been contacted by the military division.”

“What for?”

“An attack on one of their ships by an anomaly.”

“Which signals were in the area?”

“There was an electric serpent and the dream hunter.”

“Which one did it?”

“The signal of the electric serpent was erased shortly after so it was the dream hunter.”

“What was the power rating of the serpent?”

“Thirty. The rating of the dream hunter was eleven and turned to twelve afterwards.”

“This shouldn’t be possible.”

“It was mentioned that there were several creatures.”

“…”

***

Just for the sake of it I decided to have the boys eat some wood. Nothing amazing happened but it was worth a shot. I was here for the insects anyway. We had left a rather large path of destruction behind us, sorry trees. After eating an absurd number of ants and bugs the boys had developed a thick exoskeleton over their already armored skin. Then there was the scary part, the boys were able to lay eggs now!

With the option to shoot them at high speeds they were pretty cool but still, it fucked with my head a little. On the other hand they did hatch into little death machines. Standing on two thick and armored legs at two to three feet tall their six arms had been transformed into exceedingly long scythes. Their tails were able to spray everything the chimeras could and they possessed weaker versions of the flame and electrical abilities. Despite their small size they were excessively armored, their arms were longer than they were, and their stupid little wings didn’t seem like they could lift them at all.

The boys could shoot one golf ball sized egg every five seconds with considerable power. Within five seconds those eggs would grow into one of the little death machines. It was ridiculous how powerful we had been able to become, shouldn’t there be some kind of natural limit in place to stop us? Our method of growing stronger did differ from all those pathetic little protagonists who had to train for an eternity to grow stronger, and the worst part was that there would always be someone else who was stronger.

Might as well just train for the rest of their lives until they become immortal gods. I got my mind back on track and started thinking about what else we could eat to become more deadly… Viruses? What if I injected us with a bunch of viruses? That did run the risk of never being able to have contact with a human being again but I would prefer to be the most deadly killer instead of the most fucked man. There was a big problem though.

A place that contained that many biological weapons wouldn’t be easy to get into. My guess was that it was protected by many extremely powerful beings that could kill me in an instant. I’ll just go home then. Should I set this place on fire first though? No, I shouldn’t. There might be stuff here that I would want in the future.

***

“Where are you Elaine? You’ve made life very difficult for me.”

A black haired young man entered the city of Los Angeles and looked around in amazement at the shining lights and bustling streets.

***

“Send the highest ranking agent we have available to eradicate that dream hunter, I have a bad feeling about it.”

“Yes sir.”

***

I wanted to pay another visit to Isabelle tonight but I had a sneaking suspicion she wouldn’t be sleeping. On the list of people I could visit there was Lena, Elaine, Alisa, or Ms. Chang. I did like my food on the more seasoned side so Ms. Chang it was. She had the special kind of beauty that lasted forever, more important than that was the dignity of a mature woman. Something that no one could get made them want it that much more.

I hurried home to go have a fun time but ran into something more interesting as I passed through Los Angeles. Down in the streets I glimpsed a group of men surrounding a teenager and his girlfriend. He was clearly on the losing side. I had the boys drop me down a block away so I wouldn’t distract them and then I walked to them from there.

“I think your girlfriend should hang out with real men.”

“She’s not my girlfriend.”

“There’s no need to drag her along with you then, we’ll take her home.”

“Piss off you old men, I’m not interested in men with brains smaller than their dicks.”

Oh dear, that must’ve stinged.

“What’d you say!”

“Are you just going to stand there and watch!”

They all turned and looked at me.

“I am going to stand here and watch, don’t mind me.”

“You better run along boy, this is no time to play hero.”

“Just let me watch, I’m bored tonight.”

“You’re a funny guy, we don’t like clowns very much though. Leave before we make you.”

“Come on, just let me watch. I’ll even get rid of the guy so you can get to work on her.”

“Woah! Big talker! Alright, go ahead, get rid of the boy.”

They split apart and made a path for me to go straight to the guy. I walked up to the kid and punched him right in the gut. He dropped immediately and the girl went ballistic on me.

“You fucker! Piece of shit! Fuck you!”

“Don’t just watch guys, get to work.”

After a short pause the guys rushed up to the girl and pinned her down. I stayed next to the kid and had a short monologue with him while forcing him to watch.

“You know this is your fault right? If you wanted to take a girl out you should be enough of a man to protect her. But what is this? You don’t even have the guts to throw a single punch. How sad, I wonder what she’ll be like after tonight. One thing’s guaranteed, she’ll never be the same, at least, not if you lay here like a little bitch.”

I formed a knife from a nearby light pole and held it out in front of him.

“Here’s a knife, you should hurry up before they cause any real damage. You could just wait here until your turn though, I don’t think she’ll feel that good after they get through her though. Oh! I think they finally got her underwear off! She looks pretty tight.”

Without hesitation the kid grabbed the knife and pounced onto the nearest man while stabbing him in a mad rage. The rest of the men freaked out and began to draw weapons but I destroyed all their weapons and used the ground beneath them to restrain their feet.

“Splatter them kid! You got this!”

I cheered from behind as the kid lost his mind and stabbed the defenseless thugs. After getting through three of them he came back to his senses when he saw that the rest had fallen to the ground and were begging for their lives. He dropped the knife and rushed to the girl. I walked up behind him and scolded him.

“You idiot! You turned your back on all of them. If I wasn’t here you would be bleeding on the floor and your girl would be getting the life fucked out of her. Go finish them off.”

“They can’t do anything anyways.”

“So you’ve forgotten that they tried to rape her? How benevolent, maybe I should fuck her then, you’ll forgive me right?”

He spun back to me with a punch and broke his fist punching my mask. He clutched his hand in pain and I knocked him down before continuing to scold him.

“Good job dumbass, you tried attacking the guy who saved you. I wonder why I even saved you. You’re pathetic, do you not see reality or are you delusional? What good is sparing rapists? I should’ve just let them rape her, maybe then you would’ve woken up. Actually, it’s not too late.”

I knocked him down and turned to the idiots.

“Come fuck the shit out of her. If you guys try to run I’ll shove the cement up your ass and tear it apart.”

I made a show of forming a cement spear before releasing them. They slowly meandered back to the girl and began the motions of taking off their pants.

“See, you only get one chance to succeed sometimes. In your case you completely tossed it away. At least you’ll remember this for the rest of your life. It’s a shame it had to actually happen before you realized you could’ve prevented it. I would say I’m disappointed in you but the only person you’ve failed is her.”

I pointed over to the girl who was currently receiving the fucking of her life. It wasn’t my job to save people, it was the responsibility of the people to save themselves. If you needed a hero to save you then it just meant you weren’t willing to put in the effort to save yourself. He was grinding his teeth in anger and his entire body was trembling, he couldn’t blame me though. I had literally shoved the opportunity down his throat and he spat it back out.

“Upsetting isn’t it? How cruel. She thought she would be saved but you tossed her back to the wolves when you could’ve just killed them. Killing them now won’t change anything, the damage has already been done. She’ll never be the same again. Don’t get mad at me, I gave you everything you needed to stop them, you’re lucky I ever showed up in the first place. Without me she’d be getting raped by three more guys.”

“Ghchgchg!”

I trapped him with cement restraints and walked over to the girl.

“She’s not looking too good dude. I think she might kill herself soon.”

“Save her! I’ll do anything! Just save her!”

“Why should I? If you wanted to do anything you should’ve done it earlier.”

“Please give me a chance! I’ll do it right! I’ll do it right this time.”

“As you wish.”

I pulled him out of the dream and back into reality. I had already sealed all the men in concrete and had a knife ready. I handed it to him and gave him a solemn nod. He got to work and slowly stabbed all the men to death while I held the girl back so she wouldn’t get hurt. He finished them all off and came back to the girl.

“Good work young man! If only you had done this the first time. There’s no such thing as redos you know?”

I snapped us back to the original dream where the girl was still being raped.

“To be honest, at this point you only have two choices. Kill her yourself, or let her kill herself.”

“Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you tormenting us?”

“The world is cruel, one hero can’t save every single victim. People need to stop allowing themselves to become victims. Just like you, you were perfectly capable of killing all of them without my help. All it would have taken was consistent training and the ability to kill, both easily achievable things. To say otherwise is just an excuse for your weakness.

But what is your excuse for lacking them? Perhaps you don’t have enough time to train? But surely you have free time every day? I do. Let’s move to the harder question. Why can’t you kill? Because it’s wrong? I mean it’s a crime for a reason right? Killing is hard, not everyone can be a killer. Some people are just compassionate, they wouldn’t kill even if it meant dying. Wrong.

Humans are not born as good or bad. They are raised good or bad. My father taught me everything I needed to know to not be the victim in this world. Now I’ve decided to teach everyone else how to not be a victim. You might not agree with what I’m saying but surely you understand that a rapist can’t rape if they are dead. I might be insane to you but to me you are insane. You fail to see simple logic and aren’t willing to put in the effort to achieve the possible.”

“No… I understand. If I had killed them then they wouldn’t have been able to rape her… what’s so wrong about protecting yourself?”

“I’m amazed by how easily you understood me. I guess people really don’t see my logic until they experience the reason why I use it. I’ve been messing with you kid, your girl is perfectly fine. In a moment I’m going to take us back to reality. They will be bonded and the knife will be there. I’ll do you a solid and get rid of all evidence this time. Next time you’ll have to figure it out yourself. You ready?”

“I’m ready.”

“Here we go.”

[Writers Notes - Punishment after the fact won’t change anything. Sometimes the difference between life and death is decided by merely one choice. So when it’s time to act, be thorough. Or, you can take the chance and see if people are really what you think they are. I don’t plan on becoming a victim anytime soon though but you have fun, if you survive tell me how it went. Try using logic to think some times, not emotion, humans conquered the world not with their emotions but with their intelligence.

Swarm Time! Our protagonist will now use swarm tactics to defeat all of his opponents, no more complex plans and high quality fighting scenes, deal with it.]

1