Chapter 5
661 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next evening, Xue Lan was practising calligraphy in his room with Mo Shen grinding the ink as usual.

“My Lord, I feel like I have to let you know that you are the first human that used me as an ink grinder,” Mo Shen complained. “I can just melt it into ready-made ink for you.”

“You were the one who complained that you were bored because you have nothing to do,” Xue Lan disregarded Mo Shen’s complaint. “If you don’t like grinding ink, you can try doing chores manually for once.”

“Well, I believe it’s time for me to prepare your dinner,” Mo Shen got up but then he paused. He smiled at Xue Lan. “Your awaited visitor has come.”

He went to the door and opened it, startling the man and his attendant who was about to knock outside. He gestured for them to come in and left after they entered.

“Good evening, Honorable Consort Xue, my name is Shang Ke. You can call me Consort Shang,” the man saluted. “I have been meaning to visit you properly since your arrival, but you seemed to be quite busy. Might you honour this consort for your time this evening?”

Xue Lan put down his brush and gestured at the attendant to bring the guest chair from the side of the room for his master to sit down.

“My legs are not as strong as average, so I have not yet had the opportunity to get to know the other members in the inner court. Please, have a seat,” Xue Lan spoke in a light tone. “My attendant is preparing my evening meal. You may as well join me for dinner.”

“I have heard that Honorable Consort Xue came from Qi Ming Nation and thought that you might be interested in trying our local cuisine,” Shang Ke prompted his attendant to bring the food basket in his hands.

“My attendant has been serving me local food from time to time. Compared to the dishes of my nation, it seems like people of the Empire preferred mild seasonings for their meals,” Xue Lan didn’t clear up the table for Shang Ke’s attendant to serve the food. “Since I am the host, it is only proper for me to serve our dinner for the evening. Might I interest you to try Qi Ming’s  cuisine in return?”

Shang Ke saw that Xue Lan firmly wouldn’t accept the food he brought. His attendant could only step back awkwardly with the basket.

Mo Shen appeared to clean the table. He went out and returned with 2 trays of dishes. Each one was redder than the other with a rich aroma that could be smelled even when he was still outside.

Just breathing the scent already made Shang Ke’s forehead sweat. Was Qi Ming famous for their chilli? He never knew such a fact.

“My attendant is a skilled cook,” Xue Lan accepted the chopsticks from Mo Shen who was secretly grinning. “When you realize it, you keep wanting more.”

Shang Ke, “…”

He hesitantly picked up the chopsticks and only tried a bite after Xue Lan really ate them.

At first, he didn’t taste the spiciness. But after chewing it a few times, his tongue felt like it burst into flame. He was about to grab the glass of water when Xue Lan spoke again.

“Delicious, is it not?” Xue Lan looked at him, waiting for his response.

Shang Ke’s hand halted. He gritted his teeth and answered with his burning palate, “Yes, it is.”

Although the man in front of him was now a consort, his rank was higher than him and he had his status as a prince. His influence on the Emperor wasn’t clear yet but it was apparent from the previous thievery case that he wasn’t regarded as insignificant.

The news spread around that he strolled with the Emperor in the garden yesterday. It was said that they were rather intimate and the Emperor tried to kiss him which the other refused.

What he did was outrageous but the Emperor didn’t express a hint of rebuke. On the contrary, he received a set of gifts later that day. It was more than what he usually rewarded for someone’s contribution.

As the longest male consort in the harem, this title and favour were supposed to be his.

Shang Ke signalled his attendant and the other took out the pot of wine. He couldn’t speak properly with his numb tongue, but he gritted through the spiciness to speak.

“Might I offer you our most famous wine? It will certainly go well with these incredible dishes.”

“I appreciate the thought, but my physician prohibited me from alcoholic substances because of my weak liver,” Xue Lan politely refused.

“It is not very strong. Surely, Honorable Consort Xue can handle a cup?” Shang Ke tried to persuade Xue Lan. “His Majesty loves to drink this particular wine on a full moon. Is it not proper to get used to it and be prepared for when His Majesty calls for your courtship?”

“Then, it is best for me to save my first cup to be experienced with His Majesty,” Xue Lan calmly replied.

“Consort Shang,” Mo Shen gestured at an empty plate with a smile. “It seems like you particularly like this dish. Would you like me to prepare a second one?”

Shang Ke only ate that dish because Xue Lan kept his chopsticks in check and it was the least spicy one. It was still unbearable nevertheless, so he quickly shook his head. His lips were already swollen and his tongue was prickling a long time ago. Not to mention, his body was sweating profusely despite the cool night.

Before Mo Shen or Xue Lan could offer him more, he hurriedly stood up and saluted, “I believe it is already time for this consort to return. It is an honour to finally meet the first male Honorable Consort in history. I wish you a peaceful night.”

“You are welcome to come for a meal anytime, Consort Shang,” Xue Lan generously said.

Shang Ke’s lips twitched as he forced a smile before he briskly left.

Mo Shen laughed once he was gone and handed Xue Lan a cup of warm milk.

Xue Lan accepted it and drank his antidote.

Back in Shang Ke’s residence, the other was dissatisfied with the result. He couldn’t get Xue Lan to either ate the dishes or drank the wine he specially prepared. On the contrary, the other messed with him instead.

He didn’t have time to get mad when his stomach contracted and forced him into the toilet for an hour. Even after his stomach was emptied and relieved with tea, his body was still uncomfortable throughout the night.

“Master, should we still proceed with the plan?” his attendant hesitantly asked.

“Proceed. Call him in,” Shang Ke spoke through his clenched jaws.

“Yes, Master,” his attendant hurriedly left.

The person Shang Ke called in was Yang Huo, one of the guards who was infamous among his comrades for his promiscuousness. Even some of his fellow guards had surrendered underneath him.

Shang Ke had to admit that he had both a dominant visual and explosive physique which was perfect for his endeavours. The man was in the middle of his activity with a maid when his attendant called for him, so he was currently exuding an irresistible pheromone of an unsatiated beast.

His throat felt dry and he loudly gulped without him noticing.

Yang Huo’s eyes narrowed as he licked his lips, “Consort Shang, have you called for me for our previous arrangement or something else?”

Shang Ke’s attendant felt that something was wrong and quickly handed Yang Huo the vial, “Feed this to the Honorable Consort and he won’t be able to resist. He should already be sleeping by now. The rest of the payment will be given after you show result.”

Yang Huo took the vial and glanced at Shang Ke with a knowing smile, “Are you sure he is the one who needs to be comforted right now?”

“What are you–!?”

Under Shang Ke and his attendant’s wide eyes, the man flicked open the vial and unhesitantly poured the content into his mouth. With one smooth motion, he pressed Shang Ke’s body onto him and exchanged a passionate kiss.

It didn’t take long before Shang Ke’s struggle changed into demand. Some of the drug in Yang Huo’s mouth was inevitably transferred into Shang Ke, forcing him to consume them. Once their lips separated, he couldn’t even stand properly with his weakened knees.

“Let’s blame it all on the drugs tonight, shall we?” Yang Huo temptingly whispered.

Shang Ke couldn’t resist and was helplessly tossed to the bed. His attendant was frightened by the development and swiftly closed all the windows before running out to guard the door.

All through the night, his attendant could only imagine how high in heaven Shang Ke was currently in from his uncontainable cries and how equally hellish it would be once the Emperor found out. His voice was definitely heard by people outside.

Dawn had not yet arrived when the guards broke in.

23