Chapter 39
358 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Zhou Ye went to court restlessly. He couldn’t sleep a wink last night mulling over Xue Lan’s words.

Moreover, his fake plan to keep the Emperor away was used by that snake to deliver the ‘traitor’ they were looking for. He couldn’t deny the Emperor’s words this time since he was the one who came up with the plan.

With that, Imperial Consort Nie Hui was imprisoned until her time for execution came. They found amorous letters hidden on Nie Hui’s bedroom floor addressed to a Qi Ming prince.

Written in one of the letters, Nie Hui mentioned accidentally witnessing the process of Huang Xieli being transported to her safehouse. She didn’t intentionally tell the prince, but it wasn’t hard to deduce what was going on from her words.

The Prime Minister couldn’t be proven innocent just yet from that though and his execution was scheduled along with Nie Hui. 

Zhou Ye lost this round but he was determined to fight back. He held himself back from telling everything to Tian Chen since he wouldn’t have any credibility without any strong proof.

Tian Chen didn’t know what was on Zhou Ye’s mind and rewarded him for catching the traitor. Zhou Ye couldn’t care less about his rewards and immediately pardoned himself after the court ended.

Tian Chen also eagerly left for a different reason.

When he arrived at Xue Lan’s courtyard, he found the man’s figure painting the artificial pond. His attendant held his sleeve back from hindering his activity but their position was too close to Tian Chen’s liking.

Now that Xue Lan was his, it was time for this eyesore to leave.

With a signal, Tian Chen’s guards appeared. They pulled Mo Shen off of Xue Lan and dragged him away.

When Xue Lan turned around, he was caught by Tian Chen.

“Your Majesty…?”

“The Imperial Tailor has been begging to meet your attendant. It is understandable considering how exquisite the garments he tailored for you are,” Tian Chen shifted up Xue Lan’s sleeve. “Is it not a pity to confine his talent as a servant?”

Xue Lan was clearly troubled, “But…”

“Are you worried that you won’t find a more capable attendant than him?” Tian Chen encircled Xue Lan’s body possessively. His voice dangerously lowered, “Or do you still need him to comfort your heart when you now have me?”

Xue Lan turned his head, causing their nose to touch, “Your Majesty, are you…jealous?”

“Naturally so,” Tian Chen stared deeply into Xue Lan’s eyes, not hiding the brewing insanity within them.

Xue Lan raised his free arm to cup Tian Chen’s face and kissed him briefly, “Then allow me to comfort you.”

Tian Chen’s throat bobbed, suppressing his desire. His grip on Xue Lan’s waist tightened as he chased after Xue Lan’s lips frantically. The breathless hums were melody to his ears and he sought it more and more.

Xue Lan felt his lips were going numb and backed away, “Your Majes– Ngh…”

Tian Chen took the chance to slip his tongue in and hungrily explored Xue Lan’s palate. Their position was starting to hinder his advance and he impatiently laid Xue Lan down at the table to continue his feast.

He trailed to Xue Lan’s ears, kissing his earlobe, and traced the vein on his neck with his lips.

“Your Majesty, this–”

“I won’t break my promise,” Tian Chen reassured with a kiss on Xue Lan’s clavicle. “I just want to appreciate your body.”

Xue Lan considered for a while and decided to let Tian Chen do as he wished. He wanted to make Tian Chen the happiest man alive anyway.

He couldn’t help but compared Tian Chen’s actions with Mo Shen’s. The most apparent difference would be that Mo Shen liked licking him more while Tian Chen liked kissing.

Although he would never say it, he preferred Mo Shen’s caress more. That snake tongue was just…foul.

Either way, Tian Chen’s touches disgusted him, so it wasn’t like they were comparable in the first place.

Still, he should just close his eyes and enjoy this or else he would be tormenting himself for the next 2 months. He had made Tian Chen unsatiable after all.

“Your Majesty, may I have a pet dog to replace Mo Shen?” Xue Lan requested.

“A pet dog?” Tian Chen looked at Xue Lan questioningly. “What can a dog do for you?”

“It can bark,” Xue Lan mysteriously said.

Tian Chen’s eyes slightly narrowed at Xue Lan’s smile. He leaned to Xue Lan’s ear and lowly growled, “Woof.”

Xue Lan shifted on the table slightly. The shivers he got from Tian Chen’s obedience told him how twisted his desire had become because of Mo Shen.

“You don’t need a pet for that, Honorable Prince Xue,” Tian Chen raised Xue Lan’s hand to kiss it, “I–”

His playful words were halted as his eyes fell onto the bandage wrapping Xue Lan’s slender arm. He turned solemn and the heat receded from his eyes.

“What is this? Did something happen on your return? You weren’t injured yesterday,” Tian Chen asked in distress and anger.

Who dared to hurt his beloved!?

“It’s nothing, Your Majesty. It was an accident,” Xue Lan sat up.

“Tell me.”

“General Zhou mistook me for someone. He apologized to me afterwards and made sure my wound was tended.”

Tian Chen frowned. Zhou Ye wasn’t someone who made such a ridiculous mistake. He should inquire about the details to him after this.

“Have you eaten breakfast, Your Majesty?”

Tian Chen’s attention returned to Xue Lan, “Have you?”

“I asked first,” Xue Lan looked away sulkily.

“My answer depends on yours,” Tian Chen tilted his head to meet Xue Lan’s sight.

“…I was waiting for you.”

Tian Chen felt his heart itch and kissed a corner of Xue Lan’s eyes, “Then let’s have breakfast together.”

Xue Lan brought Tian Chen to the dining hall where Mo Shen had prepared a breakfast for two. Tian Chen took note of Xue Lan’s favourite dishes for the Imperial Chef to cook in the future.

After their breakfast ended, Tian Chen loathed to part and decided to bring Xue Lan along with him to work.

The eunuchs and officials didn’t dare to complain about Tian Chen’s improper conduct when he put Xue Lan on his lap to cuddle with. To be fair, there were emperors prior to him with more lascivious characters.

Though rather than lascivious, it was more accurate to say that Tian Chen was extremely infatuated. They suspected that if Xue Lan asked him to bring him the sun, the Emperor would spare no effort to build a stairway to heaven.

“Xue Lan, move in with me to the Dragon Palace,” Tian Chen didn’t want to let Xue Lan go after they finished their dinner. “I wish to see you every second of the day.”

“Your Majesty, I…” Xue Lan lowered his head.

Tian Chen thought Xue Lan was about to reject him when he heard his unsure mutter.

“I also want that as well but we’re moving too fast.”

Tian Chen couldn’t stand the distress on Xue Lan’s face and lifted his chin up, “Then we can slow down and I’ll court you properly.”

Xue Lan inched closer, “Your Majesty, please don’t get sick of me.”

“The only sickness you’re giving me is lovesickness,” Tian Chen caressed Xue Lan’s profile obsessively. “I love you.”

Xue Lan replied with a silent kiss.

Tian Chen sent Xue Lan back to his residence and reluctantly parted at the main house’s entrance door.

“My Prince.”

Xue Lan locked the door and turned around, “You’re back.”

Yuan Zhi nodded, “I’ve placed the respective letters in Third Prince’s former palace. General Zhou is on his way to search for them.”

“Good work. Thank you,” Xue Lan thanked him.

“There is no need for thanks between us,” Yuan Zhi looked around, “Where’s Attendant Mo?”

“He is…occupied one could say,” Xue Lan said in amusement. He then noticed that Yuan Zhi was staring at him, “What is it?”

“Do you like Attendant Mo, My Prince?” Yuan Zhi suddenly asked.

Xue Lan looked at Yuan Zhi incredulously, “What makes you say that?”

“It just seems like you’re really happy being with him,” Yuan Zhi chuckled. “You also looked brighter than in the past.”

Xue Lan spread open his fan and cooled down his face. His expressionless face was a little unnatural, “What nonsense are you talking about? Why would I like that menace?”

“I like you, My Prince.”

Xue Lan’s motion halted. He slowly raised his gaze to Yuan Zhi.

“Respectfully,” Yuan Zhi laughed. “Liking someone does not necessarily involve amorous feelings, no?”

Xue Lan, “…”

“Do you like Attendant Mo, My Prince?” Yuan Zhi asked again.

Xue Lan was silent for a long while, “I trust him…I suppose.”

Yuan Zhi’s eyes softened, “That’s even better.”

With Mo Shen by his side, he hoped that Xue Lan could live a carefree, happy life after this all ended.

20