Ch. 7
1.5k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whisp finally gave up with trying to stand as it lied on the bed panting. Looking up, its eyes looked at its Master. For the first time, it seemed to really take in the male before it.

The Youth was about 17 or so in age, gaining the sense of an aloof but handsome male. Xing Wu was tall, 6'1'' With Long dark black hair that was pulled up into a high ponytail. It was held in place with a jade crown that wasn't fancy but also wasn't plain.

His body was toned with muscles but not over burly, lean but fit. Skin white with a hint of a tan that made him seem to glow with a handsome healthy glow. His dark red eyes were filled with chilling air. Whisp felt its heart skip slightly as it tilted its furry head.

Blinking Whisp let out another speak as it tried to request the other to pet it. Xing Wu's brows once more turned down in irritation. "Master, why does it just speak? I thought we would be able to communicate with our Summoned Spirit Beasts?" He asked the elder male.

Master Lua frowned as he turned to stare at the younger male. "Xing Wu, you did pay attention in the summoning classes yes?" he asked as if seeming unsure. The boy was hard-headed and tended to ignore others due to their unfair treatment. 

Xing Wu frowned as he thought back. "I...Well, it was borning. The teacher spoke slow and would always glare at me." he said as if it was reasonable to ignore the old foggy.

Master Lua side before summoning a thin booklet out of thin air. "Read this then. Follow the rest of the steps to finalize the binding. Really now, I'm amazed you were able to get it to evolve. Not finishing the steps, no wonder the thing seems so helpless!" sighing the old male shifted to lift the fluff ball up. 

Whisp was startled as the elder did so, unsure of what to do. This wasn't his master ah! But, his master seemed to look up to this elder. So that means he shouldn't be rude right?

Master Lua laughed lightly at the little things confused actions as he shifted to check the fluff balls gender. This brought the fluff ball to squirm as it tried to jump from the elders hold to its master.

The action caused Whisp to tumble forward, falling towards Xing Wu who had been busy flipping through the booklet. The other simply reacted out of habit and grabbed the fluff ball by its fluff before tossing it back to the bed.

Whisp let out another speak as it shook its head startled. 'Ah, How rude!' Not only was it handled in such a manner, but it was also tossed away by its master! 

The littles whisps frail heart hurt as it lowered its ears in depression.

Master Lua cleared his throat as he shifted. "Xing Wu, don't bully the poor thing. Also, he's a male." he stated "Though, it was hard to tell..." it was as if what he saw was false. How could a male be so...well tiny?

Whisp was still pouting as it lied on the bed. Uncaring of the elder's words.

Xing Wu finally found the part that he was missing. He pressed his lips as he put the booklet into his space before looking at the fluff ball. Well, they needed to talk right? Sighing he shifted over, pressing a slim long finger to the others forehead before sputtering out some words Whisp barely heard.

A warm feeling passed through his forehead before a mark of Xing Wu's soul appeared, finally linking the twos souls completely. 

'-aster is so mean. He doesn't like me. Ah, what do I do? I don't wanna be hated.' The little thing was still having internal strife as it pouted.

Xing Wu was caught off guard. The words were there, but he wasn't really sure how. There was no voice to put the words to. They just 'appeared'.

"Little thing, don't complain," he stated frowning again. What does it mean? He didn't hate the thing, just didn't see the point in treating him kindly.

Whisp paused in his thoughts as he looked up, his eyes blank for a moment before lighting up.

'Master! Ah, you understand now?! Up, I want up! I love Master!' Whisp stated, feeling happy. This only caused Xing to frown more.

"Hmn, You are stupid. Whatever. You are my Spirit Beast, it'll just be my fate. Now, tell me what do you understand of this world?" the youth spoke as if talking to an idiot.

Whisp smiled as he shifted all nine tails swaying happily. "Old God told me many stories! Summoned Beasts help their summoners with tasks and they grow up together!" he stated with a pleased look. Granted he had no idea what tasks were nor what it meant to grow up.

The Spirit God told him many stories but they were always of good things, where the Spirits summoned were treated with kindness and had wonderful adventures. 

Xing Wu looked at the thing for a moment. "So, What rank are you?" he then asked. The other was able to tell the fluffy thing was low level, but it wasn't that clear.

Whisp tilted his head, ears falling to the side. "Rank? What's that?"

50