Chapter 8 – Saving a girl
9.6k 32 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I use the Jap names of the fruits or the English names?
  • English pls! Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Nihongo onegaisimasu!(Jap) Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Hello darkness my old friend. Votes: 17 31.5%
Total voters: 54 · This poll was closed on Sep 27, 2019 01:12 AM.

"What?!"

 

His surprise was such that he couldn't help yelling out loud, attracting strange gazes from the surrounding people.

 

He didn't expect this, but thinking about it, this was not so unbelievable considering his system.

 

After RPG stats and shop then a quest system wasn't strange at all.

 

What to do now, he was in a dilemma.

 

He really wanted to help the girl and the reward was also interesting, but he must find a way to do so without creating a huge disturbance, he didn’t want to fight Don Chinjao who had mastered haki to a high level, he also didn’t know his own level of power.

 

Alexander pondered on that question and then an idea formed in his mind, Don Chinjao won't intervene himself for a trivial matter like this and he shouldn’t be in the area, he just had to be unseen and the situation won't escalate.

 

"`50.000 Belly!"

 

"100.000!"

 

"500.000 Belly!"

 

People bided for the poor girl like farmers buying cattle, at some point a burly and dirty pirate came to the front of the gathering of people and offered 500.000 Belly directly.

 

The people looked at him strangely, in their eyes 300,000 Belly was already a bit overpriced, and he bided 500,000 Belly which was over the top.

 

"Heh, my crew gets bored on long sailings."

 

Seeing the strange eyes of the crowd, he taught that what he just said was a reasonable explanation.

 

The people gaze switched to disgust for the pirate and to pity for girl, sometimes living could become worse than death, and they could imagine what fate will befall on her.

 

Still, no one overbid the pirate, while they felt pity for the girl, they didn't care enough to do anything.

 

The merchant selling the girl dragged her by the chain tied to an iron collar around her neck, the girl didn't respond at first and the man had to tug strongly on the chain several times for the girl the move.

 

It was at that moment.

 

A man covered in a worn-out cloak with a hood that covered half of his face fell from the sky.

 

The force of his fall was so strong that cracks appeared on the paved road and a shockwave was generated throwing everyone to the ground.

 

Alexander doubted that he has ever been so angry in his life, in the beginning he just wanted to follow the pirate after he bought the girl and then find an opportunity to kill him and take the girl away, so after he bought the cloak from an old man at a high price, he floated to a nearby roof intending to follow the pirate, but when he saw that scene he lost his reason, the girl's dead eyes as the merchant was yanking the chain and the uncaring spectators watching a show, Alexander's blood was like lava in his veins, his heart turned cold.

 

Lightning flashed and the merchant's head was crushed, the moment Alexander's punch hit his head the strong lightning released on impact turned his head to ashes followed by his body that was carbonized, the punch continued unrestricted and hit the ground creating cracks on the stone road.

 

His Hyper Focus ability activated, and everything around him became clear.

 

Dark clouds gathered in the sky and lightning flashed.

 

Combining physical strength and his electromagnetic ability, Alexander moved faster than the normal person could follow with their eyes, in an instant he was besides the pirate that was struggling to get up.

 

A punch fell on the pirate's stomach, he didn't fare better than the merchant of before, directly splitting from the middle and the rest of his body became no different than carbon.

 

At this moment Alexander wasn't fighting a person but just pieces of carbonized flesh, before his punch could have any impact on the body his lightning already carbonized it.

 

As the main targets of his anger disappeared, he calmed himself somewhat.

 

Alexander had to thread carefully now, he saw the guards were stunned and they had no intention of moving, seeing this he made a rushed plan of escape.

 

Bright lightning flashed from his body blinding everyone; it was time to escape.

 

Turning his body, he found that the girl he wanted to save fainted from the shock, rushing to her side he broke the rusted collar with his bare hands and took her in his arms then he fled into the sky.

 

By the time the guards arrived, Alexander was already far away.

 

In the sky, Alexander was surveying the city in search of an isolated place to land, after a short time he found the perfect place, diving fast towards the ground, it didn't take long before he arrived at his destination.

 

The reason why he chose that place wasn't just because it was isolated but also because it had something, he needed to hide the girl.

 

A barrel, Alexander emptied the barrel which contained water and carefully put the girl inside, the girl was skinny, she looked like she hasn't eaten properly for several days.

 

Alexander threw his cloak away and tore a piece of cloth from it, covering his head like a bandanna, then he took his coat off and covered the girl with it, now he looked like a normal worker, lastly he put the top of the barrel back and removed the tap on its side leaving a hole for air, the last step was to put the barrel on his shoulder.

 

Behaving like a busy worker, he started walking towards the main dock where his ship was.

 

On the way to the dock there were many guards running in every direction, but no one gave Alexander another look.

 

Seeing his plan working, Alexander felt pretty good about himself.

 

He took a big risk this time, he didn't want his adventure to end before properly beginning, but he wasn't willing to ignore such things happening in front of him.

 

Entering the dock, a sigh of relief escaped his mouth but before he could relax, he was angered by what he saw.

 

A group of pirates was on his ship, there were around five people behaving like monkeys in a zoo, they were inspecting, pulling and pushing everything they could, one was even hitting the door to the living area with an axe but his actions were futile, not even a scrape was left on the door.

 

Alexander rushed to his ship and before the pirates could react, he embarked and gently put the barrel beside the mainmast.

 

"What are you doing on my ship?"

 

He asked in a cold voice.

 

Hearing his words and seeing his appearance unlike a cheap laborer, the pirates had a sneer surfacing on their faces.

 

"Is this your ship? Maybe you hit your head somewhere? Look at you, you can't even afford to buy a raft!"

 

Hearing his words, the veins on Alexander's forehead bulged, he wasn't in a good mood to begin with and those guys didn't make it better.

 

Deciding not to waste anymore words with the idiots, Alexander calmly walked towards the guy who just spoke.

 

"What? You think you can take me on?"

 

Seeing Alexander coming towards himself, the pirate had an amused smile on his face, he clearly didn't put a mere laborer in his eyes.

 

Taking the sword from his waist he prepared to teach Alexander a lesson, but before he could react, he was grabbed by his throat and thrown far into the sea.

 

The people at the deck were once again surprised by an unusual scene, several men took flight from the white ship only to fall far into the sea.

 

After throwing the trash, Alexander took the barrel with the girl inside the living area, there he cleaned the girl and treated her bruises, the red mark around her neck created by the friction of the rusted collar was the most severe but not dangerous to her life.

 

As for why he didn’t kill those pirates, that was simple, if it’s just a brawl then the guards wont care, but if it comes to killing then he would get in trouble.

 

Looking at the girl that didn’t look older than 15, Alexander once again learned about the harshness of this world.

 

Alexander had to wait for Robin, it wasn't proper for him to wash the girl, things like this were better left to another woman.

 

Thinking of how to explain this to Robin he had a headache, he caused trouble the moment they separated, but he didn't regret it.

 

Even if the system didn't give him a quest, he still would have helped the girl.

 

It was better to stop thinking about this, Robin will understand, and he didn't have to worry about that, it was now time to check on his rewards.

 

With a thought, screens appeared in his mind.

 

*Ding*

 

Combat Result

1x Evil Merchant.

1x Pirate 1.000.000 Bounty

Rewards

6G + 1G bounty + 40Exp

 

Combat Result

1x Pirate

Rewards

2G + 10Exp

 

Level Up!

1+ all stats

+3 Free stats points

 

Congratulations on reaching level 5!

1 of 2 requirements met for unlocking a new system function!

 

Quest Completed!

[Save the girl!]

Rewards

2x Armament Haki Awakening Pill

 

93