Chapter 17 – Prisoners
7.2k 19 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander, despite being startled by the unexpected voice, didn’t lose any time and rushed towards where the sound came from.

 

“We’re discovered! There is no choice, attack them!”

 

Seeing the man that was running towards them, the men didn’t hesitate and attacked.

 

Alexander, seeing their actions, was clear that they had no good intention from the beginning.

 

He was curious to know what they were doing there.

 

While he rushed to them, he surveyed the area with his eyes locating three enemies.

 

They weren’t trying to escape, in their view it was one against three, despite the strange event of the trees beside them falling down,

 

They didn’t have time to connect the man in front of them with that event, but even if they did, it wouldn’t matter.

 

Alexander became lightning and moving to each of them briefly, he touched each one.

 

“Aaarrrghhh!”

 

At the moment of contact, their body started to convulse, and screams escaped their mouths.

 

This continued for several seconds and then they all fell to the ground.

 

Alexander didn’t want to kill them, of course, he had to get some answers from them.

 

Robin and Elis reacted when they sensed the commotion but by the time they got to Alexander, everything was already over.

 

“Those are?”

 

Said Robin after she saw the three men, she also didn’t expect to find anyone else on this unknown island.

 

“Whoever they are, they aren’t friendly, when they saw that I discovered them their first action was to attack me.”

 

Alexander knew that something was fishy about the situation, that was because they were too eager to dispose of them as if they wanted to hide something.

 

“Let’s tie them up.”

 

Following Alexander’s order, they brought rope and tied them together.

 

Looking at them, they were a strange trio, one fat, one skinny and one dwarf.

 

They would have made a good comedy trio.

 

While waiting for the trio to awaken, Alexander took to the skies trying to survey the island from the top, but he didn’t have any luck as the forest was too dense.

 

Returning to the ground, he saw Robin standing guard waiting for the captives to awaken.

 

“Elis?”

 

Seeing her alone, he asked her.

 

“I sent her to the ship as it’s safer there.”

 

“Good, then let’s wake them ourselves.”

Alexander was tired of waiting, he just had to wake them up himself to stop wasting time.

 

Hearing his words, Robin used her devil fruit to sprout hands on the men’s shoulders and started slapping them.

 

*slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap*

 

“S-stop!”

 

*slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap*

 

“We’re awake!”

 

*slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap*

 

“Please stop!”

 

*slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap* *slap*

 

Despite the men being woken up by her first few slaps, Robin feigned ignorance and continued to slap them, Alexander on the side had cold sweat flowing from his forehead.

 

By the time Robin stopped, the three men’s faces were swollen red, Robin may have been a bit heavy handed.

 

The three men were recovering when they saw a cold faced man approach them, they remembered that they were facing against this man when they lost consciousness.

 

“So, will you answer our questions, or should we begin with some pain?”

 

The swollen, red faces, of the three men were turned white after hearing his words, they already felt pain in their hands, and it looked like they will fell more.

 

They had no intention of suffering, they didn’t like pain and they feared it, why would they hide anything from them, it wasn’t worth their skin.

 

“Ju-Just ask anything!”

 

Seeing their willingness to cooperate without the need for further incentive, Alexander left the questioning to Robin as she had experience in the field.

 

Thinking about it, Robin must have planned for this when she used a heavy hand when waking them up, placing fear for her in their hearts.

 

It took her only ten minutes to get the information out of them, despite their willingness to cooperate, Alexander could see their bodies being bend in painful and unnatural ways.

 

By the end they fainted again.

 

The information she extracted could be summarized in a few important words.

 

They were slavers, while transporting slaves they found a rare devil fruit, they first fell blessed to have such luck but that was true for just a short time.

 

While it may be a blessing for those with the means of keeping it but for them it would be more of a misfortune than a blessing, the only way to profit from this was to surrender the gift to the organization behind them, the Donquixote Family.

 

As the strength of the slavers was low because they operated in the west blue, they wouldn’t be able to protect the devil fruit, thus using the name of Donquixote would create a huge deterrent for any whom had any ideas about the fruit if discovered.

 

The Donquixote sent someone to transport the devil fruit back to the family, meanwhile the slavers were ordered to hide on an empty island.

 

Then, while they were waiting for that person to arrive, they spotted a strange ship setting anchor on the island.

 

The three men were sent to keep them under observation, hopping that they will leave on their own, but that wasn’t so, in the end they were discovered and captured by them.

 

That was everything that Robin got from them.

 

Hellou! Why is it so hard to come up with a title for the chapters...

I will be posting this story on RoyalRoad.com

Have a good reading time.

65