Ch. 42.5 – Impossibilities
2.9k 14 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Come in”

“Hello there.”

“Oh, long time no see Eric. Did anything happen, or are you just visiting me? If this is the latter, you have to know that I am very busy person.”

It’s not like I didn’t want to talk with my old friend, but for some reason a lot was happening recently. I don’t know how, but the council found out about the albino spider my students met, and now were preparing literally for a war.

They’ve had their sight set on that forest for a very long time, and getting to kill not one but two albinos, was a very tempting situation. This was the worst possible case for me, since my school was a part of our nation’s fighting force, meaning a lot of my students would have to die.

I actually have met the queen long time ago, and had a conversation with her. She is a peaceful creature, but will do everything to protect that forest and her brethren. Even if she’s weakened now, she is the strongest creature in this world, so our loses would be immense.

“You’re stuck in inner monologue again.”

“Ahh, just can’t get rid of this habit. So, why did you visit me now of all times?”

Knowing Eric, he wouldn’t be here for a small talk.

“I have succeeded in killing the head of that organization.”

What? I knew he was infiltrating them for a long time, but actually be able to kill most guarded person in our country? Just how did he manage to get that close to him?

“I probably wouldn’t have succeeded, if not for some unforeseen circumstances. We were supposed to teleport with a small batch of slaves, including the girl I was trying to save, so I messed a bit with the teleportation device, trying to change its target.”

“And thanks to it, you managed to separate the leader from his guards? But what about the girl?”

“Well, I didn’t actually separate them, and the directions I set must have been interpreted wrongly, because we all arrived in a place, that seemed to be one of the floors of an unknown dungeon.”

“But that should be impossible. All dungeons are enveloped by a god level barriers, so no simple teleportation device should be able to get through.”

“I think I know why it teleported us there, but it’s just my guess. More importantly, I’ve met an albino spider there, and not only that, it killed all the guards of the leader, and saved the girl alone. They made me sign a magical contract forbidding me from killing anyone of the organization, but fortunately I found a loophole, and managed to kill the boss.”

Again, I just couldn’t believe his words, but I knew that his only weakness was his inability to tell lies. If what he said was really true, that would mean, that either the queen, or her child managed to ascend in the dungeon. But it should be impossible for monsters to travel between floors, so just how did this happen?

“This spider was definitely not an normal one, it was using thread as a weapon and unleashing techniques. There is no way it wasn’t connected to the system. The question is, why did gods give that sort of power to a monster.”

I don’t want to listen to this anymore. I have enough problems on my own, and news about an abnormal in a place that we were about to storm weren’t helping. I didn’t know on what floor he met that spider, but if this was on a higher one, there was a good chance it would manage to finish the dungeon, and return with the power of god’s blessing.

“I don’t even want to think about a monster that is able to acquire skills. More importantly, you had to get out of the dungeon, can you tell me exactly on what floor you meet that monster?”

“Oh, about that, I actually don’t know. The reason probably connected to why we were able to teleport inside. There was this caped guy, who was casually talking with the spider, and when I was about to start asking questions, he teleported me outside.”

“Don’t tell me you met a god.”

“I’m not sure, but he definitely could be one, he manipulated dungeon loot after all.”

“You know that everything you said since you entered doesn’t make any sense? Ehh, I just want to go to sleep. What did you do with the girl? Did you return her to her parents? That would make a lot of things easier if we could have friendly ties with one of the beastkin countries.”

“There was one thing the caped guy said to me. He said, that her parents are dead.”

“WHAT!?”

I was so surprised I flipped the table I was sitting at, and all of my tea spilled on the rug.

“Did you confirm this? If the only druids protecting that country were killed, they wouldn’t be able to defend themselves against the monsters. They would be overrun in days!”

Parents of the girl we were talking about, were a pair of the last druids on this planet. They had the abilities even gods weren’t able to explain, and were protecting the largest beastkin country from the monsters. Humans were protected by the system, but for some reason this protection didn’t extend to beastkin and demons.

“This country doesn’t exist anymore.”

I slumped onto my chair. A lot of people were against humans coexisting with other races, but I was a friend with many nonhumans and a lot of them were living in this country.

“So, what happened to the girl?”

“The caped guy said, that the spider will take care of her.”

I was taking a sip of my freshly refilled tea, but when I heard that I just spit it all out.

“You left the last possible druid in care of a monster?”

“I didn’t have a choice, and it looked like the spider was already quite attached to her. Anyway, that’s about all what I wanted to say, so I’ll be going. I hope these news will be useful to you in some way.”

Yeah, they will be very useful. With these I can shorten my lifespan even more, so I won’t have to deal with all the paperwork that waited for me.

87