Ch. 82 – Challenge VI
1.1k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fortunately, now that I had one more thing to focus on the bloodbath could still be pushed into a corner of my mind and my semi mindless mode returned somewhat. And so, I continued to slash everything on my way, now simultaneously throwing compressed air bombs at the tougher enemies.

The splattering blood makes for a good smokescreen, since it’s almost everywhere and thanks to it, my white color won’t stand out that much. Even though I don’t like water that much, I’m giving myself a thorough bath after this fight. Now that I’m decimating these insects, there’s almost no chance I’ll lose anyway.

If I could just stop losing my body parts everywhere though… They probably aren’t as filled with mana as they would if I were actually killed, but I’m pretty sure they would make some pretty good materials for these damn humans to make equipment with. I’ll make sure to point out to the dungeon master that I don’t give a permission to use my parts as a reward for anyone when I will beat her into the ground.

I wonder if Felicia woke up already, she must be pretty confused there, alone with an unknown woman, just the thought of it gives me shivers. Gods are pretty eccentric, so who knows what she will do with my little catkin. I’ll have to hurry and make sure she’s not hurt.

The insects are getting tougher and tougher to cut, but the difference is not big enough to make me slow down, it actually makes me a bit excited since that should mean the end is slowly getting closer. Maybe if I searched for the fireflies in the heap of monsters, maybe I could get the fire creation skill and burn everything into smithereens, but that could be considered cheesing, and I don’t want sphinxes after me.

Actually, when I beat the army, I’ll either have to bulldoze my way through the rest of dungeon by smashing the floors with the spell from before, the one that destroyed the dragon floor, or clean the dungeon normal way. My mind related skills leveled a lot, so now I should be able to control the explosion a bit, to at least give it shape so it goes upwards rather than to the sides, but it will still hurt a lot.

Whatever, I’ll think about what I’ll do after I clear everything. I wonder if anyone know how inside of a giant beetle looks like, it’s certainly interesting how everything seems so gross and so tasty at the same time. Well, just seems, because it certainly didn’t taste any good. I have to remember not to try going inside monster’s bodies through a hole I made, since it’s a bit gross.

As for insides of other insect’s, they were even grosser when they turned into outsides, but if I were hungry I would still probably eat them… I need to do something with my eating habits. I mean, I know I’m a spider monster, but I just can’t help myself and long for human food. Maybe I’ll make them cook for me if I catch some.

Still, it’s weird. I’m a spider monster, a species that basically eat monster meat their whole life, so why does it taste so bad for me? I mean, shouldn’t my taste buds be adapted to this kind of diet? I wonder if it’s just me or every other monster has to face the same issue with food being plainly disgusting.

Oh, I’m pretty sure that mantis was bigger than a building since the hole I made inside its torso would make for a nice three room flat, the rent shouldn’t be high too. Maybe somewhere in the future I will find a place like that for myself and make my nest there. With that much surrounding flesh I wouldn’t have to worry about food for a good amount of time.

Or maybe I could just live without eating whatsoever, it’s one thing if the food is good, but if all I had to eat was meat of monsters, I would rather survive on mana alone. I wonder how is that even possible, to have something immaterial like that sate your hunger, but well, it’s magic isn’t it?

Huh? Why I’m falling while spinning like that? Why can’t I feel anything?

Where did my body go?

[Conditions fulfilled. Gained title [One who walks on the border of death] ]

That’s one long title. Of course I wouldn’t die from having my head cut off if I reacted fast enough, and I certainly did react in time by switching into spirit form. I regenerated my body again and searched for the source of unforeseen attack. I gasped when I saw it, not sure if in shock or in sheer bewilderment.

[Greater weapon user Tarantula lvl 42]

I don’t remember having an option to evolve like that.

Wait, it’s not important. I just lost half of my torso again and I couldn’t see the attack at all. I only saw the spider moving, but it only moved its front limb a bit. I tried straining my eyes as I looked at it and I saw a glint of something long and white. This bastard was using my thread techniques! I tried rolling in the air when I saw its limbs moving again, and this time I lost only the legs.

I don’t think I was ever that fast, and even more sure I was never that deadly. Every single of these attacks would be enough to defeat me if I didn’t have my regeneration. Why is it even attacking me, I’m a princess, a royalty of all spiders, it should know that fact and properly bow before me instead of trying to kill me.

Enraged a bit by the insubordination, I sent a couple of air bombs his way.

32