Ch. 21 – Nobles are always like that
4.6k 13 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why did I jump in again? Why did my blood boil over something like an unknown child getting hurt, she wasn’t even a spider and yet it stung my heart when I saw her all covered in wounds. I actually forgot at that time, but fighting humans should be impossible for me, because they had a system protection or something like that.

So why didn’t it activate this time? Was it influence of a dungeon that made it possible for me to attack humans? Or was it something else? No matter what it was, I felt grateful for it, because I probably would die as soon as I jumped in if my system support was cut off.

Looking back, my urge to eat them was also gone since I entered dungeon, so maybe it really was its influence. I had no idea what was the cause, but for now I decided I should appraise the remaining two of my enemies, to see if I could defeat them, starting from the fat guy.

[Human – Buert Rivrle]
[Lvl: 12/100]
[Status:]
{
HP: 41; MP: 11;
Strength: 16;
Intelligence: 25;
Agility: 7;
Vitality: 14;
Defensive ability: 8;
Offensive ability: 8;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Lying lvl. 7] [Torture lvl. 8] [Training lvl. 5] [Trading lvl. 5] }
[Titles:]
{ [Slave merchant] [Sinner] [Scum] [Noble] }

Wow, so weak. And what was with this skill composition. He was basically trash in human skin. I wonder if one of his titles is the reason why the system protection didn’t activate. Maybe the rest had the same title. Let’s see if I can appraise the one that is the most suspicious.

[Sinner]
{A title given to those, who disregard the life of others, and use them for their one-sided gains. The effect of this title is the loss of system protection.}

Just as I though, this title was the reason why I could attack them freely. Still, even if I was a monster, I was outraged. What have these guys done, to gain such a scary title. It meant as much as losing your human rights in the system view, and that you weren’t much more than a monster yourself.

Now for the second guy, if he was even half as bad as the first one, then I would have no qualms in murdering them in slow and painful process.

[Human – Eric the protector]
[Lvl: 47/100]
[Status:]
{
HP: 342; MP: 45;
Strength: 263;
Intelligence: 184;
Agility: 217;
Vitality: 252;
Defensive ability: 240;
Offensive ability: 270;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Sword mastery lvl. 7] [sword techniques lvl. 8] [Endurance lvl. 4] [Poison resistance lvl. 1]
[Agility lvl. 3] [Ogre strength lvl. 3] [Steel body lvl. 1] [Shield techniques lvl. 3] [Protection lvl. 2]  }
[Titles:]
{ [Mercenary] [Agent] [Protector of the weak] }

So strong! He may not be on the level of other powerful monsters I met, but he is definitely the strongest enemy I ever had to face. What was even worse, he didn’t have the sinner title, so my system support would cease to function as soon as I swung my weapon at him.

But this time I was a bit confused. What was this guy doing here? Why was he with the other scum I killed? Was he a double agent or something? I really hoped he wasn’t my enemy because not only I would die, the girl I saved would be in trouble.

I didn’t want her to return to her torturers as soon as she was saved. I had to do something even if it costed me my life. It would anyway if I had to face this adventurer guy. I readied my stance, but I wasn’t looking at the strong one but at the fat noble.

I made sure to put all of my killing intent on him, and maybe give a signal to mercenary that I don’t want to make him an enemy. He was looking at me curiously, and then he turned his sight to the place I left the catkin at. He probably understood something, because he seemed to nod to himself.

I didn’t expect those guys to be allies or anything, but what the mercenary did left me dumbfounded. He actually pierced the fat noble with his sword, and then turned his back to me, while leaving to scavenge the boxes that were laying everywhere.

I was just standing there shocked. I had no idea what just happened. Did I just win? Because it didn’t seem that there were enemies left. Feeling confused I came closer to the guy who actually was named Eric with awesome nickname “the protector”.

He looked at me briefly, as if judging if I was dangerous, then returned to searching through one of the boxes. Only when I got behind his back, he reacted. He moved so fast that I couldn’t perceive it at all. He moved a knife to my throat, but even while knowing that, I didn’t make any effort to back off.

I was very curious with him. It was my first time meeting a human this close, and it was first time when I didn’t want to kill him. He seemed surprised that I didn’t react and tried speaking something, but unfortunately, I had no idea what language he was using, so I couldn’t make anything out of it.

I just tilted my head to signalize that I wasn’t able to understand speech and he quickly gave up. He was about to return to his research, but then the little catkin came closer. She was apparently observing everything from the distance and decided it was safe to come in.

117