Ch. 20 – Nice experience farming via human slaughter
4.8k 15 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my blood boiling in anger I spun a single thread, making sure it’s extremely hard to break and thin enough to cut through everything I slash at. With slow moves I made my way towards the group of enemies. They readied their weapons, but each of them had a glint of fear on their faces.

They were right to fear me, I was going to slaughter them after all. There was no stopping now, I wasn’t going to regret my actions even if I died here. I would actually be proud to die in the sake of protecting a little child. I had no idea why I would sacrifice myself for someone I didn’t know, but the feeling was strong within me.

I’m sure I have never met her, even if I had life before I was connected to the system, even if I had someone else’s memories she definitely wasn’t someone I was acquaintance with. No matter how much I though about it, the whole idea of fighting these humans was stupid, and yet the feeling in my chest wouldn’t let up.

I was going to fight no matter what, and now it was time I utilized all of my acquired skills. It was probably risky idea, but I used [Sonic step] as an opener, and succeeded in it since the floor was made out of stone.

To my enemies, it probably looked like I suddenly disappeared, and made them fall into a panic. When I appeared again, I was between their ranks, with my web stuck to my front limb, readying my attack. [Omnidirectional slash] fired by me cut through their armor like through a butter.

I managed to damage everyone, but not to kill them. The real fight was just starting.  

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Thread techniques lvl. 3] ]

I couldn’t imagine a better timing for this skill to level up. Now I had another powerful attack at my disposal. Let’s try it right now. [Thread pierce] Activate! My thread fired straight at the head of the nearest human, piercing right through.

 [Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 7]

Nice. He gave me enough experience to gain another level, so this meant I was probably going to evolve by the end of this fight. I noticed in a split second, that the effect of my skill hasn’t ended and my thread was still going ahead since it was long enough.

I thought that I might be able to use it along with a [Thread manipulation] and tried to change its direction at another enemy, tugging at it simultaneously in a special way. I didn’t expect to succeed but I actually did, killing another one.

[Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 8]

It surely was a feast of experience for me. Now if only I could get the rest without many problems it would surely be nice. Unfortunately, my web didn’t listen to me anymore, and I had to stop my attack, giving humans a second to regroup.

Their fighting potential wasn’t spread evenly and the ones I killed might have been on the weaker side. They didn’t have any glittery armor like the one fat guy, or sturdy looking one like the guy protecting him.

Maybe the one in glittering golden armor was the commander here? But he looked so weak, maybe he was super smart? If not, why would anyone protect him? Well I just had to kill everyone, so it wasn’t a bother.

I was thinking that it would be better to appraise my enemies before diving into the fight, but I was too angry to think calmly and now I had to focus entirely on my movement to avoid dying. I mean my attacks were deadly, but my stats weren’t that high and I would probably die if I was slashed with a sword.

Attacks came from every direction, four out of six remaining humans slashing at me. I immediately defended by making a dome of web above me, created by rapidly spinning my thread and empowering it a bit with my manipulation ability. It deflected the attacks, and to my surprise, shattered the human weapons.

So was my thread inferior or actually not? What would happen if my skill evolved into normal version, would I be able to slash through boulders? Oops, I got careless. The fat guy actually had a gun and was shooting at me. His aim was terrible, but he still managed to graze my leg.

Well, I was going to kill him anyway, so I might as well take that gun, he won’t need it when he’s dead. But how would I use it without hands? It would certainly be difficult, but maybe I could give it to the girl I saved and she would use it to protect me?

That would be nice, having someone to watch my back.  Oops, I got sidetracked there, and I was about to get killed by the four enemies surrounding me. Don’t be too hasty guys, here have an [Omnidirectional slash] from me.

[Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 9]
[Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 10]
[Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 11]
[Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 12]
[Obtained enough experience. Level risen to 13]

Wow! Five levels from four guys, I like it a lot. What was I thinking about before? Ah, I had to test if my new girl could use a gun. Now if you would be so generous and gave it to me, we would avoid making me overwork. Not that I would let you live.

 

 

103