Ch. 19 – I found myself a pet
5k 35 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But I survived! I managed to get behind a big stone, and then the level up came five times. My peeled skin absorbed a big amount of heat melting in the process. I was now dripping from the last remaining layer that protected me from taking more damage.

Still, I survived because of pure luck, because the blast killed the rabbit first, and because I was already damaged my skin peeling activated. It activated five times because I was taking heat damage continuously, and apart from making a shield it also healed me each time.

I should actually gain some sort of a title for a luck like that. The explosion was so massive that it probably covered the whole floor, and the cause of it was still unknown. I mean I didn’t let the rabbit out of my sight so it was impossible to be its job. Someone from the outside interfered in this battle and I had to find out who was it.

I carefully striped the remains of peeled skin from myself and tried to actually look around. I climbed the rock I hid behind before and started looking for the source of explosion. What surprised me was the fact that almost nothing was melted. Every rock here was still solid and magma which I was expecting after the massive heat surge was nowhere to be seen.

However there actually was something out of place. In the same direction the blast came from I could see multiple silhouettes. Eight human silhouettes. This definitely wasn’t what I was expecting, because humans weren’t supposed to be in this labyrinth thanks to my mother’s protection.

How did they even appear there? Did they come from the upper floor? It should be impossible, and yet I was seeing them before my eyes. There was also the massive explosion, how did they manage to survive such power? Maybe they were the ones that caused it?

Suddenly one individual split from the group and started running towards me. The rest stayed in place but looked a bit confused and seemed to be arguing about something. The one that was running was a bit different from the rest, because of the animal ears.

Also, she was a girl, she had white hair and ears that normally would belong to a cat and a white tail was swinging behind her. She looked distressed and scared with tears in her eyes, and yet she was still running towards a spider about as big as her.

I had no idea why would someone run to the monster at their own volition and she was definitely looking at me meaning that I was noticed by her. She was scared, but not of me. She was scared of the humans she left behind and I had no idea why.

When I got closer look at her, I saw that her body was covered in scars and bruises and that she was barely running because her legs were bound together by steel chains. She was definitely a slave, and I was sure she wouldn’t taste good so I decided to not attack her.

A quick appraisal confirmed my thoughts.

[White catkin]
[Lvl: 1/100]
[Status:]
{
HP: 21; MP: 21;
Strength: 11;
Intelligence: 18;
Agility: 14;
Vitality: 8;
Defensive ability: 7;
Offensive ability: 7;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Pain resistance lvl. 2] [Fear resistance lvl.1] }
[Titles:]
{ [Slave] }

She was definitely a slave, and abused one at that. No wonder she preferred a monster like me to the humans that treated her like a thing. I actually pitied her. Well, since I always wanted to try human meat, let’s liberate my little slave from human hands.

When she reached me, she seemed terrified of me, but still clung to my leg. She knew I might kill her but still decided it was better than to return to humanity. I got a bit angry there, how could they treat her that badly that she would prefer death to life.

I reached to her with my front leg and pat her head. It relieved her a bit, because she understood I’m not going to hurt her. Then she looked at the group she escaped from and I noticed they are observing me. They looked bewildered, maybe because I didn’t attack the girl.

But it’s not like I don’t attack humans. Not at all. And you guys are going to find out, just how scary can I be when I’m angry. Somehow tragedy of this little girl, that couldn’t be older than ten years old boiled my blood.

I started spinning my thread. Because humans looked like they weren’t going to attack for now, first I made a warm blanket for the girl. She was wearing shabby clothes torn in many places, and I did not think they provided any protection from cold.

When she received it, she looked like she was about to explode from happiness, covering herself in it in matters of seconds. I was happy too, that she liked my gift. I made sure that she’s fully covered and not looking in the direction I was going to, because I didn’t want to show my actions to a child.

Wait, wasn’t I a child myself? Well, it didn’t matter because I was going to massacre all of those human skin wearing scum. I was sure they would taste heavenly after slicing them to small pieces.

118