Ch. 26 – The cat is resisting
4k 9 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With agility that didn’t really match her frail posture her wounded body she dodged another strike. I was using thicker web with maximized viscosity, so it wouldn’t hurt her when it hit, and it resulted in decreased speed, but it still was fast enough to not be seen with naked eye. And yet she was still free, while I was sweating from putting my all into even more attempts.

I started throwing feints into my swings, but she has easily seen through them, increasing the distance between us. I started moving forward, I had more legs so I could keep attacking with my all, while she had to put everything into dodging, she couldn’t escape me forever.

In terms of stamina I also should be superior, and my swings were clearly less tiring than her movement, which I have to admit was very impressive. I’ve never seen someone moving that fast in my life, and I had totally no idea how she was managing to use that speed with her stats. I definitely had to appraise her again.

[White catkin]
[Lvl: 8/100]
[Status:]
{
HP: 37; MP: 29;
Strength: 19;
Intelligence: 27;
Agility: 30;
Vitality: 16;
Defensive ability: 12;
Offensive ability: 12;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Pain resistance lvl. 2] [Fear resistance lvl. 1] [Agility lvl. 1] [Evasion lvl. 1] }
[Titles:]
{ [Slave] [Bath dodging genius] }

How did she manage to level up!? Did she get experience when I killed the humans earlier? Was experience sharing a part of the system? Moreover, she got two new skills, and very useful ones. Also, what the heck was with that title? Is this her special talent or something? I wonder what are the effects.

[Bath dodging genius]
{A title belonging to a true genius who will do anything to dodge a bath. One of the additional effects include actual immunity to dirt and grime, making the baths unnecessary for the holder. The main effect is explosive gain of strength and agility, making one nearly unbeatable. The obtained strength is said to rival gods, but while it’s only a superstition, the effects really are immense. It’s still useless for combat though, since it only activates when the only enemy is the person wanting to bathe the holder.}

WHAT IS THIS USELESS OVERLY OVERPOWERED ABILITY!?? Are you saying she can rival gods in this state? Just because she doesn’t want to enter a bath? What kind of a joke is this? Did the person who created the system like jokes that much? I understand it’s useless for battle, but it still makes one almost unbeatable.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Humorless lvl. 1] ]

I don’t have enough energy to comment this. I was literally speechless, and this wasn’t because I was unable to talk. I’m getting pretty tired of this system. I think I’m going to do something about it when I get strong enough. But that would mean, I would need to reach a god level, so it might take some time if it’s actually possible.

For now, I’m still going to try and put her inside a bath. I know her title makes it unneeded for her, but I still wanted to see a wet kitten struggle. Maybe my sadistic side woke up, or maybe I just wanted to see her cute flailing. Maybe I was just angry, because my until now unbeatable weapon got easily defeated.

I stopped using my web for ranged attacks, I had different idea in my mind. The ground here was very solid, and the explosion before hardened it even more, so I could try a skill that I though as useless before. [Sonic step] Activate!

Using maximum power possible I jumped straight at her. She gawked in surprise, because in less than a second, I was already just before her face. Simultaneously with my jump I readied sticky web in my front legs, holding them ahead to glue her to myself.

When I was about a centimeter short of catching her, she actually reacted, twisting her body to the side while jumping, which looked a bit like doing parkour, just without the obstacle. It was a good move to dodge my webbed legs, but it was a bad decision overall.

With my full speed I hit her with my head when she was in air. I didn’t intend to do that, but it definitely hurt her. I panicked a bit, but fortunately she didn’t actually get hit. If I hit her stomach, I would definitely shred her internal organs, but with some extreme luck she managed to guard herself with her arms, pushing herself back by using my head.

However, this was the end. While she managed to dodge all of my attacks, in panic she didn’t see that I lured her inside one of the boxes. It was now sealed shut with my webs, and she was inside, struggling after getting his with one of my sticky thread balls.

The ball got untangled, and effectively stuck to her arms, and when she tried to use her legs to get free, they also stuck to it. It was my win.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Luck of the heavens lvl. 1] ]

Hey! It was my own power that managed to catch that unmanageable cat! It wasn’t luck at all!

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [You wish] ]

What? Is there actually a skill like that? Are you kidding me? I quickly used appraisal on myself to confirm if it was true, but for some reason this skill didn’t appear there. I was confused. So, did I get a skill or was this just my imagination?

No. This isn’t time for thinking. I’m sure there was a predatory glint in my eyes when I unsealed the box. It was the time to wash a catkin!

99