Ch. 29 – So, am I dead or not?
3.4k 6 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“There is way too much information about you, that we don’t have to let you go. Normally it would be impossible to let an anomaly like you roam free, but you somehow evaded our eyes until now. It’s not my job to keep track of every mortal, so you will have to wait, until the one responsible shows up.”

Great, so another god will probably be joining us. As if I already didn’t have enough troubles with one. Maybe he won’t be accusing me of something I haven’t done, but still I can only hope so. Maybe I’ll actually get to know what happened when I first woke up and why do I have that much knowledge that shouldn’t belong to me.

I have one theory about the earlier bug. The way it was describing things could mean that I really had life before. It said that there were broken variables, and thanks to repairing them I got a title and some stats that I have yet to check. Maybe I was reincarnated in a special way?

“You just thought of something absurd, yet quite interesting.”

A new voice joined in. I looked at the guy who arrived, and I have to say, I was not expecting what I saw. Standing straight like he had a metal rod glued to his back, dressed like a lawyer, a bit taller than the sun god and holding a black briefcase. His hair was dark, and skin in much lighter shade than the first god, and just like him he was very handsome.

“If that’s true, that would mean a bug occurred in the reincarnation system, which could lead to destruction of this world, so if you really think that’s the case, please let us know.”

Maybe I wasn’t reincarnated after all. Yup, perfectly normal spider here, not even one world is going to be destroyed because of me. I’m not ready for responsibility like this, I don’t want to have the blood of that many beings on my hands… limbs.

While I wasn’t looking the lawyer god took out a lot of papers from his briefcase and started reading through them. He sometimes nodded to himself, at other times he seemed visibly surprised. At the end he stuffed the papers back and looked at me with a poker face.

“I have the good news, and the bad news. The good one is that you are not reincarnated.”

So at least the world isn’t going to end up destroyed because of me. Now let’s hear the bad news.

“The bad one is you are not reincarnated, well, not only.”

Wait what? So is reincarnation good or bad? Make up your mind!

“I mean the normal reincarnation, not the bugged one. You seem to have no soul that comes from that system. In this place is just a malformed mess.”

Now that’s a bad news. Isn’t it? I mean I’m not really sure what it actually means? Am I going to die? Or is this the reason why I got that much knowledge that doesn’t belong to spider? Is it related to the unnamed blessings that caused bugs earlier?

“You can relax because you are not going to die, actually it should mean nothing for you. The problems are the bugs that you are causing. The first one was related to getting a blessing without the conqueror title, but it wasn’t entirely your fault, because it was a result of using a certain thing, invented by humans.

Your soul is like an amalgamation of a couple of others. I can’t quite identify any, but that means they should be ordinary, which leads to a conclusion that it should be impossible for them to stick together like they do now. I have no idea why you didn’t turn into a soulless husk as soon as you were born, but that won’t happen in the future for sure.”

Oh, so I’m safe. I have no idea what a soul really is, apart from the fact that everyone should have it, so I won’t know about what having a malformed one means anyway. Turning into an empty husk sure wouldn’t be a nice experience, but since it won’t happen, I don’t have to worry.

“Also, there is a gaping hole in it.”

Where did I put my pen? I have to write a testament. I’m leaving all of my belongings to the stray cat I picked up. Wait, do I even have anything? Nevermind, just give her something nice.

“And this also means nothing to you, unless the missing part was an important one, but it would only mean that you’re an incomplete being. It actually isn’t that rare, so I wouldn’t worry here.”

I think you should start from this next time. But I still think I should give something to the girl. She’s been pouting at me since I’ve put her in the bath. She would still climb on my back, put most of the time, she wouldn’t even look at me, turning her head angrily, it still was kind of cute though.

“The point is, there really shouldn’t be anything in you to cause error massive enough for system to go into debugging mode. Judging from the logs, there should be an unidentified blessing inside your soul, but I can’t quite find it inside this jumbled mess.”

But the system said it was partially successful in identifying it though?

“Wait what? There is no entry about it… oh…”

So, you just missed it? And there I was thinking gods are perfect beings that don’t make mistakes.

“Want to die?”

Ops, the sunny god got angry, my deepest apologies, may this lowly spider atone for it’s sins by spending a day on sunbathing.

“If you intend to keep ridiculing me, I see no point in trying to complicate things, and I will remove the cause of the errors right away.”

He said while cracking his knuckles.

Just where did this thought come from, because I’m pretty sure it wasn’t mine.

91