Ch. 30 – My mother can do what?!
3.5k 20 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Calm down Solar, you’re getting angry at a monster.”

Well, that’s technically true, I’m just a monster that happens to know too much. It would be nice to uncover some uncertain thing, but for now I would be satisfied if I could come out of this predicament alive.

“We won’t kill you, but we will take you into a custody, and I will continue observing you in a controlled environment. But please, refrain from ridiculing us further.”

Well, that would be nice if I could survive, but I have no reason to go with you. I became quite attached to some things, and even got a pet, that I can’t leave alone for too long. I simply can’t leave.

“You have no right to decline.”

And here the sun god chimes in again. If there is no room for negotiation, there is just one thing I can do. I already had my trusted web attached to my front limb, even if they were gods, they were just governing over their respective attributes, it didn’t mean that they were invincible in a fight.

“Something’s wrong, I can’t read her thoughts anymore.”

That’s convenient sunny. For some reason, I knew that skills wouldn’t work in this place, so I resulted to using my own abilities, and what happened surprised us all. My slash cleaved the sunny in half. He fell on the ground not moving. Did I just kill a god? My actions were desperate, but i couldn't afford to be confined, when i had things to do.

[Conditions fullfiled. Gained title [Sinner] ]

Unfortunately for me, both of the halves just went back into being one in a single second. My slash was ineffective, but it was certain that he wasn’t able to dodge. I got pretty strong didn’t I, to be able to hit a god, even if he was a noncombatant, and it dealt no damage.

I suddenly felt a wave of heat hit me. I looked at the hand of the sunny and saw a literal sun in it. It was a fireball so intense, that I could feel myself melt. If this even came close to me, I would just evaporate. And he actually intended to shoot it at me.

“Wait! Don’t hurt her!”

But the lawyer stopped him.

“She actually tried to kill me, are you saying that this doesn’t deserve a death penalty?”

He was angry. Very angry. It was possible that he would direct the fireball at him if the lawyer tried to stop him anymore. Ahh, I would love to see my pet once more before I die.

“I identified a part of her blessing! It’s actually mine!”

What? Why do I have it, if I’ve never met you.

“And it’s not all, yours is there too Solar, and the stolen part just supplemented it, because she had it before she came into possession of the stone. There are more, but I can’t connect them to anyone. I can guess where did she got mine from, since she’s an albino tarantula, but I have no idea why is yours listed too.”

 “Are you saying that this anomaly has been given a part of my power? I’m sure she kept going around stealing blessings, and that’s where she got them.”

I already said I’m not a thief, and I would appreciate if you told me where did I get your blessing from lawyer god.

“I’m not a lawyer god, I’m a god of knowledge, and my blessing on you was probably inherited from your mother, since I lent my powers to help in her creation. I have no idea where did you get Solar’s blessing from, and what are the rest of those you have, but one of them should belong to the goddess of creatures, since she also was helping in the creation process of your mother.”

Oh, that makes sense, except for the fact it doesn’t. What do you mean creation of my mother?

“Your mother is albino queen am I right? Then she is the first spider monster on this world and progenitor of them all, the oldest divine beast as humans like to call her. She was created by multiple gods, including me and goddess of creatures, but only our power should be strong enough in her to make inherited blessing possible, so we still don’t know why doesn’t unnamed one just disappear.”

That’s one fat piece of information you just dumped on me, why didn’t she tell me this?

“Probably because you didn’t ask.”

Sun god snorted, why won’t this guy just go away, I have a conversation there.

“Listen now…”

He wanted to say something but was stopped by the knowledge god.

“It’s my blunder to begin with, I didn’t consider her to be a true albino, since they usually evolve in completely different way, but if she’s her daughter we can do nothing about her. Because she is the only mortal than can go against us.”

I have enough, just leave me out of there. I didn’t need an information about my mother being on the level of gods.

“Okay, let me just check your magic attribute first, to see if it’s compatible with the blessings before we put them into your soul in correct form, and you will be free to go.”

He looked at one of the papers, and then paled up.

“You know Solar, we might want to leave.”

“What did you see there?”

He was clearly surprised.

“It’s just that she’s under his supervision, and probably is completely harmless anyway, since her attribute is normally useless.”

Hey, that hurt, I wanted to use magic too.

“By his supervision, you mean HIS? Okay, but don’t think you just got away without any punishment, I will get you when I’ll have the chance.”

Sunny seemed visibly scared, he clapped his hands, and then everything disappeared. I was back and the box site, and the catkin was comfortably sleeping on one of them.

What did just happen?

86